Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS Vita: Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'PS Vita & PSP' started by Neil_H, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Neil_H

Neil_H Active Member

Ratings:
    +555
    I thought it might be useful to have a thread for all the little useful things which might not be obvious.

I just found out that although there's a limited number of PSP games available for download digitally, you can download ALL your old digital PSP titles on a PS3 and copy them to the Vita to play.
  2. marsland95l2cr

marsland95l2cr Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Is there a way to delete any/all of the preloaded apps. Like maps and chat?
  3. monkey business

monkey business Active Member

Ratings:
    +355
    Hold down the "PS" Button to bring up an OS option menu to control music, screen brightnest, mic switch and partychat options
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  4. Askemp

Askemp Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How do you get to general settings?
  5. Sega Mega Dave

Sega Mega Dave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,148
    The settings app.
  6. Sega Mega Dave

Sega Mega Dave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,148
    I wish there was i'd delete most of them tbh.
  7. jjgreenwood

jjgreenwood Active Member

Ratings:
    +591
    how do you check how much space is on the memory card?
  8. hawky525

hawky525 Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Settings > System > System Information
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Moseley

Moseley Moderator

Ratings:
    +658
    Hold your finger on the screen and the icons and background become editable, press on the bubble at the top of the icon to delete.
  10. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver Active Member

Ratings:
    +351
    Thats how you delete the apps/games which you have downloaded.. But it doesn't work for pre-loaded ones.. All you can select is "Information"!

Jon
  11. Lestat_11

Lestat_11 Member

Ratings:
    +101
    Press ps button and start together to take an ingame picture (will not work with psp games tho)

Hold plus and minus volume buttons together to mute sound.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  12. jjgreenwood

jjgreenwood Active Member

Ratings:
    +591
    thanks, it now says a game needs an update - how do i get it to do that?
  13. Lestat_11

Lestat_11 Member

Ratings:
    +101
    Put the game in press the icon the 1st page that comes up top left will be a yellow icon press that and it will dl the update.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. rehmanmohamed

rehmanmohamed Member

Ratings:
    +50
    If you press both volume controls at same time, it mutes the sound
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. stoomc

stoomc Active Member

Ratings:
    +275
    If you press the PS button a second time you can get a birds eye view of what is running on the Vita and select what you want that way (easier than swiping left/right)

Does anyone know how to change the wallpaper on the unlock screen?
  16. avolee

avolee Active Member

Ratings:
    +644
    you transfer the picture to the vita, tap the buble in the corner and one of the options is to use it on the lock screen i think.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. stoomc

stoomc Active Member

Ratings:
    +275
    I see. I dont have any pics on my Vita yet so maybe that's why I haven't seen the option.

Thanks!
  18. Magus

Magus Active Member

Ratings:
    +416
    I don't have a Vita but been reading what you guys think with curiosity (not that I am thinking of buying one but more an avid gamer that has fallen out with gaming but still interested with what the 'other half' is doing).

Glad to read a lot positives on the hand held.

Anyway I came across this article & think it belongs here:

Sony Shares “PlayStation Vita Tips and Tricks” List

1. Order in the court! By now, you’ve probably figured out how to move your game and app bubbles around the Home Menu by pressing and holding one using the front touchscreen, enabling you to drag it around into different frame. You can even change the background color or image by tapping the theme icon in the bottom right of each frame. Get creative and design your own background images (which you can transfer to your PS Vita via PS3) like I did here.

2. Let there be light. You can adjust your PS Vita’s OLED screen brightness mid-game without the hassle of jumping into the Settings menu. Just hold the PS button to bring up a quick-access menu that enables you to adjust brightness and your custom music options. Wanna listen to the soundtrack to Armageddonwhile carving through Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? Don’t miss a thing, baby.

3. Call for backup. Let’s face it: electronic devices have an uncanny affinity for toilets. We can’t prevent that, but we can help ensure you don’t lose your precious saved game data. Simply connect your PS Vitato your PS3 via the USB cable, open up the Content Manager on your PS Vita, and select the the Back Up option to back up all your PS Vita’s game data and gain a little extra peace of mind.

4. Say cheese! PS Vita comes equipped with a simple but game-changing new feature: The ability to snap screenshots of your in-game exploits. Just press the PS button and Start at the same time: You’ll see a white flash and hear the snap of a camera shutter and the resulting image will be saved and neatly categorized in your Photos gallery. You’ll be able to take screenshots in the vast majority of games, though not every game.

5. Prettier PSP games. PS Vita currently supports more than 275 legacy digital PSP games and more are on the way. You can also improve the way those lower-resolution PSP games look on the PS Vita’sscreen by pressing and holding the front touchscreen to bring up a Settings menu where you can activate several options. Checking “bilinear filtering” and “color space” seems to yield consistently smoother results, but experiment with your PSP games to find your favorite combination.

6. Slip into something more comfortable. PS Vita enables you to adopt a custom panel to add a little flair to your PSN presence. To change your PSN panel, navigate to Settings, PSN, Account Information, and Panel to choose from a wide assortment of artwork from first- and third-party games.

7. Remote Play renaissance. Ever wish you could log into your PS3 remotely to access a video or initiate a PlayStation Store download? This handy feature isn’t technically new — it was supported on PSP — but thanks to PS Vita’s monstrous OLED screen and more powerful processors, it’s more useful than ever. Protip: Remote Play is compatible with any PSone games you may have on your hard drive, along with a handful of classic PSN games such as PixelJunk Monsters, PixelJunk Eden, and Peggle.

8. Bluetooth bliss. PS Vita supports high-quality stereo Bluetooth for audio output, so if you’ve got a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones (Ahem!) you can pipe in your game audio without restricting wires. In the Settings menu, touch Network and Bluetooth Settings and you’ll be able to pair your headphones to your new PS Vita. If you get stuck on the pairing code, try “0000.” If that doesn’t work, check the manual that came with your headphones (or look it up online) to find the proper four-digit code. Now enjoy a better life — a life without wires!

9. Silence is golden. Some people like soft jazz, others prefer silence. If you want to turn off PS Vita’s toe-tappin’ menu music, you’ll find the option in Settings > Sound & Display > System Music. While you’re there, you’ll notice an AVLS option. This limits the maximum volume when using headphones — perfect if you share your PS Vita with a little one.
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
  19. leamspaceman

leamspaceman Active Member

Ratings:
    +980
    If you turn the Vita around, you can use the rear touch pad at the front...and the front touch screen at the rear:D

I like the fact that the Wi-Fi switches on only when needed...saves battery life:smashin:
  20. addyb

addyb Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,979
    Anyone know how to open the game cover? My copy of EG seems to be stuck in. :smashin:
  21. Sam Crow

Sam Crow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,798
    But you only play that ;)
    Seriously though hope you sort it
  22. addyb

addyb Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,979
    To be fair Raymans had some attention as well.
  23. quidditys_shore

quidditys_shore Member

Ratings:
    +128
    also you can have different backgrounds for each page of apps :)
  24. LP76

LP76 Member

Ratings:
    +51
    If you press the power button twice, when the vita is on, it locks and brings up the lock screen