Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protective cover for a flat LCD TV

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Glenn Keen, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Glenn Keen

Glenn Keen Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Might be a odd request, but has anyone come across protective covers for LCD screens.

We are looking to put a TV into a common room at our school, but knowing our kids if we just leave it as is the screen will get scratched/marked etc in a short space of time.

So we are wondering if we can get some sort of glass/perspect cover to fit over the screen that would protect it but not distort the picture.

Anyone have any idea if such things exist and if so where I might find one?

MANY thanks for any info.
  2. Mattigan

Mattigan Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Chicken wire? Fire guard?

But seriously, I have been thinking about something similar, got 2 boys, 1 who likes to drive his cars up any large flat surface!! Would be interested in a solution to this problem myself.
  3. tudj

tudj Member

Ratings:
    +83
  4. HHGTTG

HHGTTG Member

Ratings:
    +35
    A smart slap on the back of the legs for starters, might ameliorate your problem, somewhat. :eek::lesson:

Otherwise, surely you can find a shop that sells various plastics and therefore buy a sheet of perspex (or similar) and discreetly tape/fix that to the panel - not all that pretty but might be effective.
  5. HHGTTG

HHGTTG Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I think that is a distinct lack of discipline somewhere, here, although of course I don't know the domestic set-up.

:nono::(
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  6. hornydragon

hornydragon Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,412
    Also try Unicol they make the original screen covers often seen in shopping centres etc. Unicol - Products
  7. LarryDavid42

LarryDavid42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ran across this while Googling and it seems like it might do the job
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2011
  8. inzaman

inzaman Moderator

Ratings:
    +767
    Wow what a helpful guy, and you even posted in a 2 + year old thread to let the OP know :rolleyes:
  9. Tomkx

Tomkx Member

Ratings:
    +2
    There are companies who can spray a protective coating on electrical items. A friend had my ipad covered, can hardly tell its on it. Similar to the protective film on mobiles when new but ultra thin. May cost abit tho :(