Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Handbrake and Disney

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by MIB, Oct 10, 2011.

1. MIB

MIB Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Using handbrake to rip and encode dvd's to apple tv and mainly works great but some of the kids films, mainly Disney play in a jumbled up order. Anyone else had this problem and managed to find an easy workaround?
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  2. next010

next010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,796
    Have you tried putting them in a video playlist in iTunes so they are in the right order.
  3. MIB

MIB Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Not sure I made myself clear, sorry. I mean when watching a particular film, like astro boy, the chapters are all jumbled up and you might see the ending part half way through.:confused:
  4. next010

next010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,796
    I see well it sounds like Handbrake took the wrong video track from the disc, taking one which is intended for interactive features or director commentary.

I always prefer to rip to the HDD first using MakeMKV (Win/OSX) and this will extract the main movie as a standalone video with no conversion, then a quick check in VLC to make sure it's all correct and feed the MKV file to Handbrake for processing.

You could also try previewing the video stream in Handbrake directly if VLC is present, cycle through the title section to find the right one when importing video_ts
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. MIB

MIB Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks, I'll try finding which tracks actually play the movie from now on and might try ripping first then jsut encoding with Handbrake. Had major problems with Thor last night but after some googling looks like I'm not the only one. Had to download LongoMacRipper in the end which worked a treat.
  6. CamFire

CamFire Active Member

Ratings:
    +519
    Had this same problem a while back. Use RipIt for the ripping and Handbrake for the compression.