1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with bt infinity

Discussion in 'BT' started by dennis1, Oct 23, 2010.

1. dennis1

dennis1 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    had this installed 2 weeks ago,have been without broadband since thursday morning at 5:40 am,have made numerous calls to the technical helpdesk (thats a joke and always has been) the length of the calls i made,range from 1 hour to two hours,there overerseas call centres are pathetic IMO. you can almost feel them reading from a script.

Anyway,they have promised to get me up and running by 5pm tomorrow evening,TBH,even if they do,think i,ll cancel anyway,using mobile dongle at present to gain access to the net.

rant over :mad:
  2. IL Cattivo

IL Cattivo Active Member

Ratings:
    +259
    One person's bad experience should not deter the majority to jump on the BT infinity bandwagon if available in their area! It is a far superior service to ADSL so should be embraced! This is a relatively new service from BT so teething problems early on will inevitably occur for some!

I would invoke a little more patience and perseverance my friend as when it is eventually resolved you will reap the rewards ten fold ;) :smashin:
  3. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,473
    Renamed the thread.

I understand that you personally are having a problem, but thats not really a reason to condemn the whole system.
  4. smjxm09

smjxm09 Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I have had two issues in the last few months with Infinity that I reported. The first one was slow speed and the other one was when I lost service. Both times the problem was fixed in 4 hours and I recieved follow up calls to ask me if the problem was fixed. Maybe I was lucky?
  5. celtic1967

celtic1967 Member

Ratings:
    +21

I had problems too, but apart from India helpdesk being useless, the Infinity were spot on. Never had to chase them up, there was a call after every change.
  6. smjxm09

smjxm09 Member

Ratings:
    +89

Did you ever get to the bottom of your variable speed issue?
  7. beerhunter

beerhunter Member

Ratings:
    +759
    Useless, au contraire - they are worse than that.

Don't knock 'em though. I've just got some good business due to them. Something that i could have fixed in ten minutes (Including the obligatory cuppa.) took nearly an hour due to having the fix the extra faults that they induced on the customer's PC.
  8. celtic1967

celtic1967 Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hello, never got to the bottom of it except that after a couple of Openreach vans appeared in Whitehorse Vale (working on what I presume was the fibre cabinet) it has settled down at 37 Meg download, apart from busy periods when it may drop to 30 ish.
    Thanks for your advice at the the time by the way.
  9. jenic

jenic Active Member

Ratings:
    +183
    The indian call centres are the worst part of the whole package.

When mine was installed it wasnt activated correctly so my email account never went live. I understood what had happened just by looking at my account online, I was on the phone to them and just gave up when they asked me how many computers I am running, so irrelevant. They have no knowledge on what they are supporting, its like me being sent to fix a boiler, i wouldn't have a clue where to start. I just argued the toss for someone based in the uk, then found out if you go through to the order's team they are tech support based in the uk :)
  10. IL Cattivo

IL Cattivo Active Member

Ratings:
    +259
    Had a near exactly the same experience to this the last two days...

Had a new BT phone line activated in my new home two weeks ago and was given the new number... once I had this number and it was activated I ordered BT Broadband (ADSL) Option 3 Unlimited via Online but as part of the process they seemed to think that I required a new phone number and that the activation date assigned to the job was linked to a completely different phone number than the one activated two week prior... I saw this early on as the problem why my HH wasn't receiving a BB signal down the line but the Indian Helpdesk just couldn't work it out from their systems and it was only until I decided to go through to Ordering (UK) that things have now been understood as a setup screw-up and will be sorted in due course!!

Outsourcing Call Centre's Abroad = Loss of quality to 1st line service & support to the customer but so long as it's a cheaper option for the supplier then thats all that matters!!! :thumbsdow
  11. dennis1

dennis1 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    my infinity had been on for 13 days,then i lost it for completely for 4 days,endless calls and broken promises by the overseas call centre did not help the problem.

eventually a BT OPENREACH engineer was called,even he was at my home for 3 hours before the problem was fixed and what was it?

a faulty router which i had told bt that, i had suspected all along.

you can almost feel the call centre reading from a script. anyway,when my contract ends,that will be the last of BT in my household.:mad: