Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with BK Dealer

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by ulalazavod, Feb 23, 2012.

1. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can everyone help me? Im from Slovenia and i need help. I have problems with them.
  2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,280
    What is the problem?

Who is the dealer?

Have you tried contacting BK Elec in the UK directly?
  3. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i tried to contact them. I buy the sub oy BK Kelec in UK.
  4. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I jave a problem with the driver. I buy the sub in July 2011 and i have warranty. Atvthe first 14 days i have the sub, hear something strange,but ok,only two orbthree times,than nothing. 14 days ago i hear that is now big problem with the driver when i hear 7.1 movies. By the movie attacks i can hear the voice coil of the driver. That i say via email BK,and now i dont receive emails back. I send them now so about 9 emails,no answer. Sorry,that are not great Dealers!!! Now i need someone that can help me. Sorry for my bad englisch
  5. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got before one email from Tom and they ask me what is the problem. I say him what the problem is and now no answer. Very fine!
  6. mooperman

mooperman Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,157
    probably best to use the telephone if email is a problem.

I dont mean to sound rude but it might be helpful if you have a friend who speaks better english and can act as a translator between you and them in order to convey what your problem is more clearly.:)
  7. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A phonecall from Slovenia is very expencive. I hope,i will find here somewone who can help me. Maybe somewone,who can call BK. I now,somewone from BK will read this thread and maybe then he will contact me. They are many users here,who they has the BK sub. And i want only help from somewhone who maybe now one guy from BK and can make a contact for me. Sorry,i now what BK now want to do. He is from Slovenia and we dont need to answer him and help him. What should we pay him for a new driver! I had a SVS,after 1 year the amp dont work anymore. I send a email to L-sound and after 14 days i have a new amp. When i receive the amp,i send the old back and thats it. And what do BK? They dont answer! Great performance for this Dealer. I open a thread in the german forum. I will that all people now what BK make,when somewone have a problem. And i will note this here too!
  8. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mooperman,is that now better?
  9. simon ess

simon ess Active Member

Ratings:
    +585
    This is a wind up - right?
  10. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes! What should i do?!
  11. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The sub is perfect but not the service when a customer have a problem.
  12. mfife

mfife Member

Ratings:
    +55
    ulalazavod can you tell us how you have set up the sub? Is it connected by lo-level phono cable to your amp? What have you set the volume at? 2/3? Half? Full?
    And yes it's true, BK are not very good at answering their emails... So how expensive is the call to the UK per min from Slovenia?
  13. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon 3808A. With Audyssey i make the first setup. Results are the bass volume was on -9 db. So,than I give the bass volume on 0 db. The gain on the sub is on 9 o clock. And yes,it is connected with a phono cabel to my amp. Im not a nuby,so i now what i do. And the bass on this setup i have is incredible,but now no more. For One minut a call to UK i must pay so about 2,98€. Regards from Slovenia,Andreas
  14. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But like I say before,14 days ago,I send a email that i have a problem,only that i say per email. Than Tom answer on my email and ask what for a problem i have? Ok,i send him a email back,that the problem is voice coil of the driver. After them no more answers from Tom or other from BK. I send them 8-9 emails,nothing,no more answer!
  15. blankscreen

blankscreen Member

Ratings:
    +15
    hi ulalazavod,
    I don't own one of these but sometimes simple checks can have good results.

So i ask have you checked that nothing is close to the driver cone, and nothing is loose within the cabinet?

I would try carefully to vacuum the whole unit to remove any packaging, a tiny bit of polystyrene in the cone can make an extraordinary amount of noise, the more base used the more extenuation of the cone so more noise.

Make sure the driver mountings, and every thing else is also very very secure.

Hope it helps
  16. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I checked this,its ok. I find nothing there. I tighten the screws,but it is the same when i hear a movie. When i watch a movie in low volume that i have no problem,very strong bass and schackes. But when i listen a little bit louder,than,when in a movie is a explosion,then i can here the voice coil. And the gain on the sub is on 9 o clock. It wiil be ok when BK answer to me,but they dont reply now on emails I send them. BK now He is responsible,for they I have warranty? For nothing? I am very disappointed about BKelec-BK!
  17. blankscreen

blankscreen Member

Ratings:
    +15
    You might well have a problem, just worth checking things 1st.

My brother inlaw designed speaker cabinets, got them mentioned in hi fi news. He was amongst the 1st at the time to line monitor speakers with cement.

He did not tell HiFi mews that he could not get rid of an anoying buzz in his Woofer - until i came around - and removed an old un used gas pipe from under the floor, exactly under where he had placed the 200 watt sub woofer :)
  18. blankscreen

blankscreen Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I know high phone calls are deterring direct contact, did you know you can use Skype to call landlines? You pay an amount then make your calls just like paygo
  19. scottthehat

scottthehat Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,228
    First you should have your sub volume set at 12 o'clock and frequency set to max. And on your amp the lpf should be set to 120hz. Then rerun audessey and leave the sub set up as it is then watch a movie and see what that sounds like if its not to your liking then adjust the bass up slightly and remember it needs running in before the best will be heard.
  20. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The frequency on the sub is on the maximum. On the amp it is on 80 Hz. When i adjust it on the amp i can find out where the sub is. 80 Hz is for me and for the place the best,and i have Floorstanding speakers so i can have 80 Hz. The problem is only by a volume at the denon amp at -45 db down. I hear normally by maximum -50 db. I like when the volume is not so much but I however hear and feel the sub. Believe me,theres somethin wrong with the voice coil. What i want to say,it is unbelievable what BK do to me.
  21. scottthehat

Ratings:
    +1,228
    Well movies send frequency of 120Hz down the lpf so you will be missing some frequencys. Are you sure your not driving it to hard.
  22. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Believe me,no 9 o clock is the maximum,more I dont need. And I am very carefully with my items that I have at home.
  23. mooperman

mooperman Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,157
    i think youre going to have to bite the bullet and call them, probably use Skype as suggested above to keep the cost down. :)
  24. mikelj

mikelj Active Member

Ratings:
    +257
    So do you think it could be the driver reaching the limits of it's travel - I don't know if BK sub's have any protection built in to prevent this, but it's usualy caused by the sub being over-driven.

What BK model do you have?
  25. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the BK Monolith Plus,with the 500 watt amp.
  26. scottthehat

Ratings:
    +1,228
    You might have what size is you room. And doesn't mean you can't over drive it.
  27. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think so! my room has 30qm and by 9 o clock gain on the sub and odb on the amp. i can hear the voice coil and here is a defect on the driver.
  28. hoppaz

hoppaz Member

Ratings:
    +199
    Why not send BK the link to this thread?

I have heard a few posts over the years saying they are not the best at responding by email but as a forum favourite (and by that I mean if this forum did not exist then I would seriously think their sales would drop off a cliff) they would not want to be seen to be giving bad customer service.

Sounds like the driver is damaged (bottomed out). It has been reported in the past on these forums for the model you have too (the less powerful mono if I recall) so you are not unique.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  29. scottthehat

Ratings:
    +1,228
    What does it sound like. As never heard one.
  30. ulalazavod

ulalazavod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great! But now i think somewone from BK read this thread. I receive a email today from Tom that i should send the driver back to UK and i receive a new driver,WOW! I send them yesterday a email. In this email i write that i open a thread here.Hm! But,when i receive the new driver i will sell the sub,sorry BK,your sub is very good,but the service is bad!!!