Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Service from Aria.co.uk

Discussion in 'PC Gaming Forum' started by Bigbud, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Bigbud

Bigbud Active Member

Ratings:
    +337
    Purchased almost my full rig from aria in Jan, best part of £800 and have since also purchased other items.

When I went to replace the Arctic Freezer 7 for my new D14 I noticed that the bracket had broken

IMG_0110 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Aria are only local so I popped back in with the full setup and explained that it was fine when I installed it and must have cracked when in the pc afterwards, I was told that "all breakages and damage must be reported within 14 days of purchase as per our terms of conditions" I tried to explain that it had failed in use and that it should be covered under warranty as it wasn't fit for purpose as per the sales of goods act.

The chappie on the desk disappears and come's back and says "I've spoken to the lads in the back who been putting computers together for a living for years and they say its been over tightened. As its past 14 day there's nothing I can do as stated in our terms and conditions"

So there you have it, purchase from Aria and you have 14 days cover as per there terms and conditions which obviously affect my statuary rights :rolleyes: anything after that there not willing to replace/help.

I couldn't be arsed to argue with him for a £17 heat sink and fan, safe to say they have lost a customer who is also about to build a rig for his gaffer :D Will be buying his parts from ebuyer.

As a side note, I emailed Arctic who are very kindly sending out a new bracket as from the photos I sent they think it was defective :smashin:

Its so strange to me that company's think they can get away with poor customer service in these hard times and also knowing with social media that these bad reviews get passed to others.

Jim
  2. TheNameIsJambo

TheNameIsJambo Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,465
    That reminds me, I need to send a picture of my front-filter on my 600T to Corsair! The little bracket-thingies broke and it's now held on with BluTack! :laugh:

I did glue it on before, but the plastic doesn't like being glued to it's fellow plastic!

Double click your Thread title in the forum and rename it to Aria! :smashin:

I've never used them, and since they sound like mindless idiots.. I will be avoiding them. They obviously didn't have a clue about manufacturer warranty and are just folk taken in from the street and told to learn the print on the back of each hardware device.

I laugh when I'm in PC World/Comet/Curries and the staff are trying to give advice, I actually cut in once and told the Sales Assistant he was completely wrong.. He wasn't impressed, in the slightest.

He was talking about Intel and AMD processing power... He didn't have a leg to stand on once I was done with him.. I ended up saving the customer about £200 and he left with a better computer! :smashin:

EDIT:
    I've done it more than once, but that was one of the more memorable times. They really don't have a clue what they're talking about. I wish I could give seminars there... Just to keep them informed :rolleyes:

EDIT2:
    I actually helped a mate buy a laptop not long ago, and the sales assistant who was 'helping' us, kept steering him towards those 'Sale' laptops - Don't get me wrong, some were decent, but they lacked something major, like not enough RAM or the CPU was an 'old' version and was seriously under-powered compared to their more 'modern' counterparts.

I went onto one of the laptops, and tried loading up various Windows tools. The Sales Assistant said, "Wha.. What are you doing?" - "I'm just trying to see the various hardware details. But it looks locked down." - "Yes sir, it's locked down to keep people like you out!" - "Ah.. Is that so you can secure sales against people who are unaware as to how fast these computers actually are?" - "No."

:laugh:

Sales assistants hate me in those shops, because I just overwhelm them with an insane amount of knowledge. I ended up telling him about my rig at home, and I kid you not, he jizzed his pants. Originally he said, "How did you get all that into a lap-top?!" - I couldn't help but laugh.. Bless him.

It just goes to show, if you don't have a clue what you're talking about, they'll sales-babble you into something you'll have to replace in a year or so.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  3. dieeasysteve

dieeasysteve Active Member

Ratings:
    +416
    I've also done that, It's lots of fun. The amount of miss selling that happens in PC world is crazy.

I've been using Aria for years and never had a problem so I've never had to deal with customer service to have a problem. I have been out of the PC market for the last few years.

Edit: We were looking at tablets in PC world recently but couldn't have a play with them as mush had been locked (no one seemed to know the password) and the ones that were not locked where useless to to PC world poor wifi. How can i make a decision on what to buy if i can't try it out.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. TheNameIsJambo

Ratings:
    +1,465
    Haha, it is fun indeed!

I am interested in the ASUS PadFone - It's nearing the end of my contract, and I'm wanting to get a tablet + a phone, and funnily enough, the ASUS PadFone is both.

I'm betting it will take years before any UK mobile providers get hold of it, but it looks awesome!

Anyway.. I was in Comet/Curries (They're both the same to me), and I was playing around with the ASUS Transformer pad (the one which clips into the keyboard, pretty cool), just to get a feel for their devices and see if their style is for me (considering I own their mobo + GPU, it should be right up my alley).

The first thing one of the shop assistants said to me was, "Not thinking about getting an iPad then?" he reached out for the ASUS Transformer, to take it off me, and tried to shuffle me along to them.

I felt like saying, "I already have an iPhone 4.. I don't need the same device, but 4x larger, just to prove to the world I'm an ass hole!"

My actual response was, "Nope. I'm after the new ASUS PadFone. I'm just browsing. Thanks."

Eurgh.
  5. Sega Mega Dave

Sega Mega Dave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,154
    I love going in PC world.

A while ago i went in and the usual half soaked sales person comes over and this is how the conversation went.

SP "Can i help you sir?"
    Me "Yes im new to computers and i have been told i need a wireless router for BT"
    SP "No worries here is the selection"

After several minutes reading the box and the guy spilling out some rubbish (i wasnt listening)

Me "I presume i just plug this into the wall and its done?"
    SP "Well you will need to connect it to your phone socket and set it up"
    Me "I thought this was wireless? Why do i need cables if it's wireless"
    SP "It provides wireless internet to computers and laptops but you need to wire it to your phone line to get the internet"
    Me "Well then its not wireless as i need a wire to the phone line, could you show me the wireless routers please"
    SP "This is them, this is what it means by wireless router"
    Me "Well it's not wireless because i still need a cable, i thought wireless was no cables?"

This went on for about 10 minutes back and forth, you could tell he was getting ****** off and i was doing my best keep a straight face. In the end i just said i'll leave it as i wasn't sure what it all meant.

If you're bored one day go in PC world and act completely useless, it's great fun!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,924
    Ah the irony. Here was me, stroking my iPad, thinking all those that people that avoid buying a product believing it would make them an asshat are actually one after all simply because of a vague idiotic viewpoint based on nothing substancial at all.
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. TheNameIsJambo

Ratings:
    +1,465
    Meant to say even bigger in that sentence! :smashin:

EDIT:
    No offence to iPad owners, I do want one. I just don't have a specific need for one - Considering I already have an iPhone. I'd prefer a different kind of tablet computer, so I can use it outwith Apple's grasp.
  8. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Aria has been in my blacklist anyway. But I see nothing has changed.
  9. chief barker

chief barker Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Well that's another supplier off my list.

Scan and Overclockers too.

Looks like it's Ebuyer and Amazon as the only choice.
  10. TheNameIsJambo

Ratings:
    +1,465
    I've not had any problems with Overclockers - Yet.

Shockingly, they were the cheapest place to buy my rig at the time.. I need to RMA my HDD, but I think I might go directly via Seagate. That is, after I buy a 3TB HDD from SCAN! :D

Are they still doing them for that £140 price?!

It has to be a mistake!
  11. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,924
    Just for balance, I have had no problems from Aria, having bought a few bits and pieces from them including my 5870.
  12. chief barker

chief barker Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Have you had to RMA anything to them for reference?
  13. kav

kav Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +10,102
    Don't forget CCL - reasonable prices and fantastic customer service. :thumbsup:
  14. Sam Crow

Sam Crow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8,823
    i agree cant fault ccl great company
  15. chief barker

chief barker Member

Ratings:
    +241
    Thanks chaps.

I'll add CCL to my options then.

I'll see if they can do me a deal.
  16. Kirki

Kirki Member

Ratings:
    +142
    Never had any problems with Aria - but then I always go to the store collect stuff, and never had an RMA for the stuff I bought off them.

Overclockers on the other hand... :rolleyes: bought my prev card (5750) off them, they "sent it", charged my credit card... nothing in post by delivery date, complained a few times, they kept insisting it was on it's way, waited over 1 week, nothing, then they finally admitted it hadn't been sent after all, as it was out of stock. :mad: Only offer they made was to charge me more for another brand of the same card or redund me, no compensation, nothing... two weeks (and a customer) lost. :thumbsdow
  17. TheNameIsJambo

Ratings:
    +1,465
    I wouldn't of taken that kind of bull from them.
  18. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,924
    [-]
    Lol, do you think I work for them too? :D Edit: Hmm, I think that was Adrian actually with Overclockers? Never mind, just ignore all of it. [/-]

No, I have not - I am fortunate and not had to RMA anything from any of the people that I have bought from Scan, Overclockers, Aria, Dabs, or anyone else.
  19. KhalJimbo

KhalJimbo Active Member

Ratings:
    +785
    I had an issue with OverClockers, I bought almost my entire rig from them. The case I originally wanted was out of stock but no one let me know. I called up and complained because I paid extra for a saturday delivery, the refunded me the case money because no one contacted me, threw in the non windowed version for free and refunded my saturday delivery, plus they still sent it out for a saturday delivery too. All in all I got £50 back and a free case.
  20. Sega Mega Dave

Sega Mega Dave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,154
    Overclockers are very hit and miss.

I use them as they're on the door step. I've RMA'd two things with them.

First an IPS monitor that had loads of dust and a few dead pixels under the screen, they said no at first as dust wasn't covered by Hazro's warrenty and on a previous call they said i could have a refund. A firm but friendly reply saying 2 inch dust line and several dead pixels is not acceptable, they then offered to swap for another one or choose another monitor. Reading Hazro's warrenty it actually wasn't classed as a return so fair doo's to OC.

Second time was a few months ago with a PSU that made a really bad coil whine under load, dropped it off and within an hour i had a message saying a new one was waiting or a full refund, i wanted the PSU so had another.

No complaints here but im fully aware of what they can be like and their past!
  21. boltlock

boltlock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,062
    Touch wood but I've only ever had to RMA one thing in all my years using computers and that was a psu from Scan earlier this year. As I had already teasted it using a proper tester (cheers Nam) they had no qualms about me sending it back. They even sent their own courier to pick it up and 2 weeks later I had a new one. So personally, I can't really fault any of them up to now.
  22. TheNameIsJambo

Ratings:
    +1,465
    I need to RMA my Seagate 1TB HDD... I bought it from OCuk :rolleyes:

I think I'll goto Seagate directly. I'll just throw my 1TB into my (delivered tomorrow) Seagate 3TB box and ship it off.

At least I'll have a 3TB main drive for games, etc. Plus, I'll have an 1TB external and 1TB internal drive for backup of any 'main' files (Music, photos - Standard)

Can I mirror changes to a USB hard drive, or is a case of having to 'Copy and Paste' the data [without overwrite]?

Or is there a program I can grab (preferably free) that can give me incremental updates, or simply mirror the data automatically? Like a pseduo-RAID1.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  23. Sniper Ash6

Sniper Ash6 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,616
    Try MS SyncToy
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  24. TheNameIsJambo

Ratings:
    +1,465
    I forgot all about that.. I've not used that for the better part of 3 years, at least!

EDIT:
    I've only ever used 'corporate' style backups, never desktops. Everything I have at home.. I don't really care to lose, except some photographs.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  25. MikeKay1976

MikeKay1976 Active Member

Ratings:
    +574
    Scan have been pretty good with my gaming headset. I had 2 mics fail on it within the 2 year warranty. the 1st time they replaced with one, the 2nd time they sent me 2 as i expressed my concern that they clearly are not the best for 2 to break and the warranty nearing its end.

Dabs on the other hand..................... I purchased a coolermaster cavalier desktop case with a proprietary psu. the psu packed up.

I asked them to send me out a new psu, they wanted the whole case back which would mean me stripping down the entire pc. This would have been an annoyance but what took the biscuit was they insisted i had to pay the return postage even though it was well within warranty.

I am not even sure that is legal (I think they are obliged to cover return P&P for faulty goods) but there was no way I was paying the 30 quid for insured postage they insisted on.

luckily I got coolermaster (US the EU/UK side was **** poor on that as well) to sort me out a replacement psu.
  26. macks30

macks30 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and mine,mack.
  27. Theydon Bois

Theydon Bois Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,924
    Even after your last post was to say that aria had a good deal on ssd's? :confused:
  28. a5ian300zx

a5ian300zx Member

Ratings:
    +91
    I know this is an old thread but Aria is the worst PC supplier i have come across, after spending the best parts of over 1k with them.

"I have had issues since day one from this motherboard, but did not change it because it was installed in a watercooled setup and did not want to dissemble anything as i had a internal usb 3 controller installed.

issues
    1) USB3 does not work properly, it works for a little while and then stops. (i resolved the issue by purchasing an external usb3 card which worked perfect)
    2) Could not update firmware pass the FC as it would not let me just kept coming up with errors.

I have replaced my setup and would like this board changed.

please see below thread for details.

usb 3 not working in windows 7 using GA-X58A-UD7 rev 2.0?

Thanks"

it took them nearly 3 months with testing it and then sending it to their so called supplier for further testing (not gigabyte even though they told me previously they sent it to gigabyte)

Conclusion they could not find a fault after chasing them up many times and for false call back promises and even disconnecting you during calls (many times), even though on the thread above asks me to send it back to gigabyte.

They are a big waste a time and space and i will advise anyone to avoid them like plague.

Now i will have to send it to Gigabyte which i should have done in the first place,

PS: My profession is a Senior Technical Support Analyst so i know what im talking about. been working with computers for 15 years.

T
  29. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,257
    Even though I can get mates rates from that place I still wouldn't shop with Aria. Mice, Keyboards and Software is alright as it's low risk but for anything else I'd go elsewhere.
  30. WildeKarde

WildeKarde Active Member

Ratings:
    +486
    My only real experience was a PC where after about 8/9 months had a faulty GPU, got it replaced after a few weeks "testing". After 4 weeks it happened again so off it went again took about 5/6 week to get back again replaced. And it happened again but by this time it had been twelve months since purchase so they wouldn't replace it under warranty any more.

Ended up buying a new card but when I was opening the machine I noticed they had installed the sound card right under the GPU and the fan was fully covered. Basically it was overheating the card and causing it to go faulty.

How none of them saw this I'll never know.