PMC twenty.26

Weymuff

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear a new speaker coming soon?

Anyone have any info on these yet?

Does anyone have any idea what to expect? Are these still single bass driver speakers? Will the PMC 26 move to two bass drivers or simply a bigger bass driver?

Any details at all?

Steve/bluewizard

Does anyone have any idea what to expect? Are these still single bass driver speakers? Will the PMC 26 move to two bass drivers or simply a bigger bass driver?

Any details at all?

Steve/bluewizard
Will be a 3 way floorstander for certain with a dome midrange and either a single dedicated bass driver or a pair of drivers operating as one alla Fact 12 and PB1,doubt very much that the actual drive units will be any bigger than the mid/bass in the 24's.
If I was a betting man I would back the single unit option as it'll be more budget friendly and leave a larger step up in the range to the Fact 12's.

Any details at all?

Steve/bluewizard

Based on what you're guessing (that there is a 26 coming), it would either be a dual bass driver version of a 24 (same size bass drivers), or a three-way version with a dome mid. It'd all down to whether PMC would want to go the mid driver route with the Twenty series.

I just want to state I have no inside information - I'm just guessing.

Any idea on ballpark pricing for this ??

Whatever it turns out to be I think PMC are well aware that they need to keep the twenty range and Fact range quite separate so as not to confuse the market, with the Fact range being their premium line, hopefully this new speaker will complete their domestic range, although personally I'd still like to see a Fact.10.

Having just seen the cryptic advert for these in HiFi +, I am more intrigued than ever !

Last edited:
What was the advert like?

Having just sen the cryptic advert for these in HiFi +, I am more intrigued than ever !

Looks like I'd better find a newsagent tomorrow :)

I have only seen quick glimpses of these new speakers but I have a feeling they are going to be very special indeed, ordered my demo pair last week in Diamond Black so hopefully we'll get them shortly after Bristol.

1617665_621118891270032_1027475346_o.jpg
cool !

If you have a look over on the PMC thread then Lowe has worked some magic which makes the above picture more revealing. From what I've heard the 26's are just a bit bigger than the 24's, like the Fact.12's are compared to the Fact.8's.

What about the mid dome,anyone know yet if it's the same unit as the Fact 12's or something new?

What about the mid dome,anyone know yet if it's the same unit as the Fact 12's or something new?

I would love it to be the same mid as the Fact.12's but I would say that it will be a totally new design, the Fact.12 mid is extremely special and a very expensive driver to produce so will always stay in PMC's premium ranges I feel, I think the best bet for it to appear in a 'Cheaper' speaker would be a Fact.10, if that ever happens.

Doesn't look like I'm going to get to Bristol now :( so any feedback on the new 26 will be very welcome.

It's a new design for the mid :)

I suspect you're right Paul looking at the photo.
I'm very much looking forward to the next Pmc owners club meet to hear them for myself.
By the way do you have any idea on the date for that yet as I have a couple of busy weekend's in April and I already have my fingers crossed that they won't clash?

Had a listen to these today and loved them but was surprised by the price. These are obviously a twenty series speaker. When I walked in they were playing one of my favorite tracks and the tonal balance reminded me of my old 23s. As I listened more they just did everything that the twenty series does, but that little bit better. PMC had them playing in a pretty big room and they certainly filled it. Stunning soundstage with no boxiness and a slightly more powerful sound than the rest of the twenty series range, but still with that lovely detailed yet smooth high end. A real joy to listen too. As I say though I was surprised by the price which puts them right up with the Fact 8 at around £5300.

I suspect you're right Paul looking at the photo.
I'm very much looking forward to the next Pmc owners club meet to hear them for myself.
By the way do you have any idea on the date for that yet as I have a couple of busy weekend's in April and I already have my fingers crossed that they won't clash?

I'm hoping to pin PMC down to date this week, it certainly won't be the Easter weekend which is over the weekend of April 20th so hopefully we can arrange it for before then, can't wait really as the 1st meet was great fun with a great turnout, I'll see if I can arrange some more goodies like we had last year :)

On a personal note, I'm running OB1i's at home at the moment with a Bryston B135 SST2 for 2ch duties and I was thinking of going with a pair of Fact.8's in the longer term, whilst I save up for some Fact.12's :rolleyes: so I'm really keen to hear the 26's for myself as the Fact.8 v Twenty.26 is going to be a fascinating comparison, I'm guessing that the 8's will be more detailed and faster, which I really love tbh, but I can see that the 26's will be a fuller sound with more bass weight and a bigger soundstage, its certainly not going to be an easy decision.

Had a listen to these today and loved them but was surprised by the price. These are obviously a twenty series speaker. When I walked in they were playing one of my favorite tracks and the tonal balance reminded me of my old 23s. As I listened more they just did everything that the twenty series does, but that little bit better. PMC had them playing in a pretty big room and they certainly filled it. Stunning soundstage with no boxiness and a slightly more powerful sound than the rest of the twenty series range, but still with that lovely detailed yet smooth high end. A real joy to listen too. As I say though I was surprised by the price which puts them right up with the Fact 8 at around £5300.

Thanks for your feedback Richy, as you know I love the 23's, for me they are the star of the due to size, price, and performance so it is good that you could hear the twenty sound carried over to the 26's.

I think the price is going to be an interesting one, as I was told originally that they were going to be nearer £6K so definitely going head to head with the 8's, if they are going to be £5300 then that makes them even more appealing, I know that pricing can be a very contentious issue but I guess these are going to be a clear step up from the OB1i, I'm so used to the Twenty sound now that I do find the OB's now lacking in top end detail, so they are not really an OB replacement and from what I've been told they will even be an upgrade for the PB1i so if they are to be £5-6k then I guess that isn't too bad really.

Still can't wait to hear them though, just got too much on today unfortunately to make the trip to Bristol.

Cheers,

I've never heard the Fact 8s so I can't compare. The had the Fact 8s in one room at the show (for a cable company I think) but there were people talking and quiet background style music on so it was hard to gather anything about their capabilities. I do find some companies demos particularly poor compared to others. Regarding the price, I think around £5300 is correct. I think they warrant the price, it is just v close to the Fact 8 which surprised me. Having been to the show for 3 years now I think the twenty series have stolen the show every year in terms of their performance, looks and price. They stand out from the crowd for me and compete well with much more expensive systems whilst still being (relatively) affordable and these 26s certainly push the range even further

Having been to the show for 3 years now I think the twenty series have stolen the show every year in terms of their performance, looks and price. They stand out from the crowd for me and compete well with much more expensive systems whilst still being (relatively) affordable and these 26s certainly push the range even further

I think it is fair to say that PMC/Bryston pretty much steal the show, or any show like Munich last year, that they attend, you gotta love em :)

I know Lowe worked his magic on the pre launch photo's but now PMC have released the official shot of the new expanded twenty range -

Heard the 20/26s at the show. They looked great, even if I'm not a big fan of walnut finishes. While I'm a PMC fanboy and owner of various models since 2000, IMHO at £5,700 if I heard correctly (or even at £5,300) they are just too expensive. The 20/24s are about £3,400, so unless there is going to be a 20/25 (I doubt it) these new 26s are not far off double the price. Laws of diminishing return may apply for those with restricted budgets, and some may go with OB1s. I should have guessed from the price differential for the Fact 8-12 that history would repeat itself. Gosh if you could get pre-owned EB1s, that for some might be the better option.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom