Playstation Plus on PS4. A guide for Newbies

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

What is Playstation Plus?
Playstation Plus is a subscription Model across the Playstation 4, Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita that brings loads of extras including An Instant Game Collection, Early Access to Game Betas, Discounts from the Playstation Store, Freebies and features

How Much does Playstation Plus cost?
Playstation Plus costs £39.99 for a 365 day Subscription and £11.99 for a 90 day subscription. You can now also buy membership 1 month at a time for £5.49 on the Playstation store

These can be purchased from Game Retailers such as GAME, Amazon, Shopto as well as the Playstation Store itself. Some retailers also do deals from time to time and a 365 Plus Subscription can be found for around £30. Subscriptions can be purchased by either buying dedicated Playstation Plus Membership cards or using PSN Store Credit Vouchers

When you buy a Playstation Plus Subscription, its tied to your Playstation Network Account. A single Subscription applies across all your Playstation Devices, so if you own a PS4, PS3 and Vita, then you will receive all the benefits each platform receives as part of your subscription

What happens if i dont Re-new my subscription once it ends?
If you dont continue your subscription once it ends then you will loose access to any of the games in the Instant Game Collection and any Features that are made up of the Plus Model. If you re-subscribe, you will regain access to all of your games and features again. Memberships can also be stacked on your account, so if a deal comes along, buy several and enjoy Plus for even Longer.

Do i Need Playstation Plus to Play Online?
As a PS4 User, you will Require a Playstation Plus Membership in order to take part in Online Gaming except for games which are part of the Free 2 Play model. Without a Membership you still have access to your Single Player Games. A membership is NOT required to play Online on PS3 and Vita.

Do I Need Playstation Plus to watch Netflix and other Media Applications?
Nope, all Video and Music applications are accessable without a Plus Membership

What Games do PS4 Owners get as Part of the Instant Game Collection?
Check out the 2nd post with a monthly list of whats included in Playstation Plus each month. In December and January, the IGC will get its first retail games with Injustice: Gods among us and Infamous: First Light

From June 2014, There will be 2 Free games a month for PS4 (and the same for PS3/Vita)

After a delay at Launch, Drive club PS+ Edition will come free to the IGC. Subscribers than then upgrade to the Full version of the game for £42.99

What Other Benefits do PS4 owners get with Playstation Plus?
PS4 owners will get the same great Discounts on Playstation Store and Access to early game Beta Tests as PS3 and Vita Owners receive.You also get 1GB of cloud storage for your game saves on PS4 along with the 2GB you already get as a PS3 and Vita owner

Shareplay is a massive feature added in October 2014. Some aspects require a Plus subscription, so heres a video and Info on whats what

Share Play has three main functions:

• Share Screen – Share your screen with a friend, allowing them to spectate. This is ideal for PS4 owners that want to watch their friends play a game and provide helpful tips. PlayStation Plus is not required to use this.
  • Hand over my controller – Pass your controller to a friend, virtually, and watch them play. Your friend does not need to own, or even download the game, in order to use this feature. This is perfect for introducing your friends to new games. The host will need to be a PlayStation Plus member, but the guest does not.
  • Hand over another controller – If a game supports local multiplayer, you can have your friend join as player two. Again, the visitor does not need to own, or download the game in order to use this feature. Both players will need PlayStation Plus to use this feature.

Im already a Playstation Plus Subscriber, will my Membership carry over to PS4?
Yes, any Playstation Plus Memberships on your Playstation Network Account will also transfer over to PS4 with your Account and Trophies.

I have Sub Accounts on my Playstation, Can they also play content given from Playstation Plus?
Absolutely. If say you have a Master Account on your Playstation and Sub Accounts, all of those accounts will then have Access to the Games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection. For Playstation 4, it also means that all accounts will have Access for Online Play

I understand that my Playstation Plus Subscription will carry over from Vita and PS3 but will the games I have from Plus also move over to PS4?
Sadly not. The PS4 is not backwards comparable with any previous Playstation consoles, so none of the games, including the free ones Obtained from Playstation Plus will be playable on PS4. This also includes Playstation
232856081alt2

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 Instant Game Collection

January 2015

Infamous-First Light
The Swapper

All Playstation Plus games Given away from November 2013- December 2014 for PS4
Contrast
Resogun
Killzone Shadowfall - Free multiplayer weekend 28th - 31st
Don't Starve
Outlast
Dead Nation Apocolypse Edition
Mercenary kings
Stick it to the Man
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)
Trine 2: The Complete Story
TowerFall Ascension
Strider
Road Not Taken
Fez
Velocity 2X
Sportsfriends
Drive Club PS Plus Edition- Delayed Indefinitely
Dust: An Elsyian Tail
Spelunky
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Steamworld Dig
Escape Plan
Secret Ponchos
Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
does anyone whether the PSN on ps4 uses the same servers as ps3 for games?
For example, if i purchase a new ps4 with BF4, yet one of mates simply buys BF4 for his ps3, can we still play online together in the same rooms etc??

Cheers :)

Hi,
does anyone whether the PSN on ps4 uses the same servers as ps3 for games?
For example, if i purchase a new ps4 with BF4, yet one of mates simply buys BF4 for his ps3, can we still play online together in the same rooms etc??

DOubt it very much.

I'm sure they've said its a whole new PSN.

DOubt it very much.

I'm sure they've said its a whole new PSN.

Shame, guess i'll have to just convince my mates to not be so tight and just to get it on ps4! :thumbsup:

BF4 on PS3 will only be the standard amount of players we are used to on console. BF4 on PS4 will be 66 players... so no chance of them meshing PS3 users with PS4 users unfortunately.

And welcome to the forums bro.

BF4 on PS3 will only be the standard amount of players we are used to on console. BF4 on PS4 will be 66 players... so no chance of them meshing PS3 users with PS4 users unfortunately.

64 players is'nt it:confused:

If I buy ps plus now will it work on ps4 or will I be buying again

Last edited:
From my understanding ps plus on ps3 carries over to ps4.
You won't be paying again.

Nice, I'll have to keep my eye out for £30 deals, I think my sub is up in October

Couple of things - you won't be able to play any big games on the new gen versus the old gen...e.g. you can't play FIFA on 360 vs someone on XBONE.

PSN+ account will carry over from PS3 to PS4. Your PSN+ account will work for PS3, PS4 and PSVita

Another feature not mentioned is the cloud saving, optional auto updates at a time of your choice and you can install the games on multiple machines.

PS - PSN+ is great. The free games are not duds either, they are top titles.

Nice, I'll have to keep my eye out for £30 deals, I think my sub is up in October

Likewise mate.

Stonking value. I mean look at what were are getting in July!!

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
3rd July: The Cave
3rd July: Rayman Origins
3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Battlefield 3
3rd July: Payday: The Heist
3rd July: Saints Row the Third
3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
3rd July: Unit 13

So does that mean if someone subscribes before July they can get the games that are leaving in July but someone who doesn't subscribe until after July will miss out on them? . I haven't been a subscriber yet so just wondering

Hi, I have a ps3 and will be getting a 4. Seriously considering getting plus finally now I know it carries over. 1 question please ....... I only have a 120 GB slim ps3 now , do you have to download all games on PS+ to your console in order to own them in future or can you purchase them and download later if you have little space ?

You can start the downloads and then cancel them. They will then be in your purchase history to download at any future point as long as your still subscribing.

With our xbox, my son and I both need to pay for gold, also Netflix isn't available unless you have gold. With ps+, does only one of us need to pay? And I presume Netflix works if you don't?

Hi, I have a ps3 and will be getting a 4. Seriously considering getting plus finally now I know it carries over. 1 question please ....... I only have a 120 GB slim ps3 now , do you have to download all games on PS+ to your console in order to own them in future or can you purchase them and download later if you have little space ?

Just a reminder that although PS+ is carrying over to PS4, you won't be able to take the current PS3 Plus games over with it. Just a pointer, I love PS+, such good value for money.

With our xbox, my son and I both need to pay for gold, also Netflix isn't available unless you have gold. With ps+, does only one of us need to pay? And I presume Netflix works if you don't?

As things stand on PS3.. you don't need PS+ to watch Netflix or iplayer etc. You can also use PS+ on two seperate consoles BUT only one can be signed in at a time to play a downloaded PS+ game. If we're only talking one console anyway, then multiple free accounts on one system can use any downloaded PS+ games on it, with their own save points, gamer score etc.

Just use this site to checkout the games. Then in future you can use your purchase history to download whatever you want.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/home/main

Where can you find the subscription for £30, cheapest ive found is £37.97 so far on amazon

Don't think there's any current deals at £30, but there were tons a month or 2 ago, so I'm sure they will crop up again soon

Where can you find the subscription for £30, cheapest ive found is £37.97 so far on amazon

Try looking for cheaper PSN cards. And use them to buy it. Normally sold cheaper than face value on these forums a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom