Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Play film from Laptop to TV via HDMI but no sound

Discussion in 'Laptops & Netbooks' started by agsw88, Apr 6, 2009.

1. agsw88

agsw88 New Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,
    hope this is an easy one! Due to decorating I have had to move my tv in to another room, I am trying to watch a film through windows media player on My Samsung screen.

The laptop is running Vista and is connected by an HDMI cable into HDMI 1 on the TV. I get the picture but have no sound!

Can anyone help
  2. Rex Hunt

Rex Hunt Member

Ratings:
    +92
    try right clicking the speaker icon bottom right and click playback devices and change it to hdmi hope that helps:thumbsup:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PulsarPilot

PulsarPilot Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Not sure how media player works, but on other players, you have to select which audio render you use (or at least you do on my computer). It will be different depending on whether you are using the built in speakers/headphones, or HDMI. I dont understand why it does this, but there doesnt seem to be a way to get both speakers, and HDMI working at the same time, you have to keep swapping between them.
    If you are still struggling, you might want to try using KMplayer, it seems to be very popular, and plays just about everthing.
    Just select 'audio', 'audio renderer', HDMI, and it should work.
    Good luck,Dave.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1