Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer VSX-LX52 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by DrSeuss, Jul 6, 2009.

1. bobbymax

bobbymax Member

Ratings:
    +149
    Is there anywhere to purchase the LX52 with a free 5 year warranty?
  2. twil01

twil01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, changed the HDMI cable, cycled through the HDMI outputs and all of a sudden things started working for me: I now have both picture and sound from the BDP-LX52 through the amp working correctly.

But, I still seem to be getting it wrong with sound. For some reason, I am only getting stereo sound. When I had the bdp connected with an optical connection (and HDMI to 5090), I was at least able to get Dolby Digital. Now through HDMI I only seem to be getting stereo, irrespective of DVD or Blueray. I looked at the menus in the bdp...pretty much everything set to auto.

anyone have any ideas?
  3. johnkingsley

johnkingsley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also just purchased PDP-LX5090 with VSX-LX52 & a BDP-LX52. Still trying to decide on speakers though. I have listened to B & W 685's up front, with pair of DS3 dipoles as the rears, HTM62 centre and ASW610 Sub. Any thoughts on this config.?
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  4. ezak

ezak Member

Ratings:
    +13
    you did audition them dont you? go on parting with your cash if you like them :D
  5. cwhitehe

cwhitehe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered the VSX-LX52 and BDP-LX52 blu-ray (Will be replacing my PS3).

Got a great deal from my local dealer who basically priced matched the best price I found online (not sure if I can mention price etc here).

And it comes with a free iPod 160GB as well!

Just can wait to pick it up once it arrives :)
  6. johny1980

johny1980 Member

Ratings:
    +98
    good stuff

you wont be dissapointed :thumbsup:
  7. cwhitehe

cwhitehe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and meant to say I can't wait, not I can wait :)
  8. TooTallTerry

TooTallTerry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all, I new on here but just wanted to say that I have just purchased a Pioneer VC-LX82 Amp & DBP-LX52 Blu Ray player. Hooked them up on Sunday, and all I can say is WOW. If your looking for some new kit go for these. I have replaced my 7 year old Pioneer VSX-D2011 and PS3. So far only watched Wall:e and Indiana Jones 4. Still messing with some of the setting. Running it with B&W 603 s3 range of speakers with a Rel Q150 sub and it sound fantastic.

:)thumbsup:eek:h yes and a free Ipod 32GB touch will be mine Thanks Pioneer:thumbsup:).
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  9. bobbymax

bobbymax Member

Ratings:
    +149
    how Good does the BDP-LX52 hadle CD's

Cheers
    Bob
  10. TooTallTerry

TooTallTerry Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Plays CD's very well sounds great. I have it connected via HDMI and audio cables. The cable route seems to give the best results.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Kruger2002

Kruger2002 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I finally made the jump into the 21st Century and purchased a new tv (5090), amp (VSX-LX52) and BD player (LX52).
    They all seem to talk to each other ok over HDMI but...

When I connect another hdmi from my PS3 to the amp and use a single hdmi to the tv i get a terrible picture.

I know sattapaal you use two hdmi to connect to tv, but i sold this to management based on one cable to tv!!

Any ideas ???

oh and Kuro link is now off...:lease:
  12. johny1980

johny1980 Member

Ratings:
    +98
    is it possibly one of the hdmi cables?

setting on the ps3 or even the amp ?

what resoution is displayed when you press 'i' on the tv remote ?
  13. sattapaal

sattapaal Member

Ratings:
    +16
    you dont need to use any movie mode on the kuro for ps3, using the movie mode for games etc is rubbish, i tweaked the Game mode for ps3 for my own eyes. it might be that?! trouble with using one cable is, when you switch inputs on the TV, it saves the visual settings for each input e.g. input 1, GAME, input 2, MOVIE, input 3, MOVIE. DTV Movie.

otherwise, its your cable.
  14. Filbert

Filbert Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Might help if you ellaborate a bit on what you mean by "terrible"?
  15. isse

isse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What´s the good stuff with Kuro Link ?
    Do you get the volume and sound mode displayed on the TV ?
    Or is it just for jumping to the right inputs ?

I have the 5090 and want to have volume and sound mode (DTS/Dolby Digital) etc displayed on the screen when you make changes or start a movie.

/N
  16. Kruger2002

Kruger2002 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses. Turned out it was the cable.. that'll teach me for not going through the basicis first.. doh!

By terrible I meant really snowy picture and kept coming and going as if the signal was being dropped every few seconds. Should have posted a picture or been more descriptive. Mental note for next time (hopefully there won't be one)

For Isse, i found with kuro link on I could switch on (and off) the power and from standby it'd switch on/off the tv, reciever and BD player. I could also then control them all functions and volume wise. Became a bit of a pain when i wanted the speakers on but TV off.

M
  17. cwhitehe

cwhitehe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been setting up my VSX-LX52 and I think it's great. I have one question for those of you who have Sky...

I currently have the audio set to AUTO SURROUND and when I change to a Dolby Digital channel it correctly changes to DIGITAL. When I change to some movie channels not broadcasting in Dolby Digital it changes to PLII MOVIE. This seems good. All other channels seem to say STEREO and the sound comes out of just the left and right front speakers. No sound comes out of the centre speaker. I'm not sure if this is the best approach and to me sounds a little strange, but it might be because it just needs getting used to. I was just watching some news and it was quite annoying as the sound was only coming out of the right speaker for one of the voice over presenters even though there seemed no reason for this. On my old amplifier I permanently had the amp set to Pro Logic (and it auto changed to Dolby Digital on certain channels).

Do others have it set to Auto Surround or do you use another setting? I like that it auto changes to PLII MOVIE but if I change to other settings such as Pro Logic it seems to lose this auto change capability (except when it's a Dolby Digital channel).

Thanks
  18. johny1980

johny1980 Member

Ratings:
    +98
    On my old cheaper amp/kit i always let it process stereo sound into PL11 so i could have the centre channel active.

On my new setup with this amp i decided to leave it to AUTO so i could see what it is like with my first floorstanders.

Well, ive been very very impressed. Testiment to the speakers as much as the amp i think. Stereo sources have sounded superb.

Stereo is 2 channel so L & R is correct with no centre.

But with stereo setup it is pin sharp and dialogue sounds like its inside the TV and not to the sides. Excellent.

I have noticed some sources being PL11 movie which is DS i think instead of full DD from SKY.
  19. cwhitehe

cwhitehe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I agree STEREO (L & R) does on the whole sound pretty good. I did actually think it was using the centre speaker until I got up close to it. However now that I know it's not using it there seems to be the odd program that is annoying. The example I used before was a news reporter who you could not even see on screen (because it was just a voice over to a news item) was only coming out of the right speaker. I think I might get used to it :). I guess for the odd program I can just manually switch over to PRO LOGIC if I want.

Yeah the odd movie on Sky Movies seems to use PLII which as you say is when they are using Dolby Surround instead of Dolby Digital.

Very impressed with the amp though and the matching LX52 blu-ray player has a superb picture (compared to the PS3 which it replaced).
  20. cgorni

cgorni Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just bought and wired the LX-52 and have a special situation:

My speakers arrive in 1-4 weeks, so I try to use my old system in connection with the Pioneer. The old system is an integrated one, which means
    I only can use the 5.1 speakers together with the receiver (it is an LG DA-SW6100).

My idea:
    - connect every system (PS3, XBOX 360, MAc Mini) with the Pioneer (audio and video)
    - connect HDMI-out of Pioneer with Toshiba LCD HDMI-in (=video)
    - connect optical-OUT of Pioneer with optical-in of old receiver
    - use old receiver with speakers for audio

I tried yesterady, but no luck yet. I didn't notice any explanation of the use of Pioneer optical-out in the manual. So is this possible and how? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    C.

By the way: thanks for the hint to disable KURO-Link as I intend to attach my Mac Mini via HDMI and (separate) optical audio.
  21. jason t

jason t Member

Ratings:
    +31
    can anyone point me to the thread where it tells you the best way to setup the amp using mcacc i cant seem to find it now

thanks

jason:D
  22. ezak

ezak Member

Ratings:
    +13
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  23. jason t

jason t Member

Ratings:
    +31
    now roll on the weekend so i can set this baby up:D

jason
  24. phil5743

phil5743 Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I just got one of these to replace my Arcam AVR300 and am amazed how it totally outperforms the Arcam in all areas. It's all installed and working brilliantly but I have 2 issues:
    1. When I connect a USB device (Sony mp3 player) and the folder structure appears onscreen I find that there is quite a delay before the remote responds and I can browse the device - does anyone else notice this?

2. I have a KEF 2005 sub/sat system - I have the crossover on the sub set to maximum (145) and the receiver's speaker setting at 100 (it defaulted to 80 but that says it is for THX certified speakers) - does that seem ok?
  25. sattapaal

sattapaal Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I now finally have Sky HD. You have to go into Sky settings to get the sound coming out as Dolby Digital.

I'm happy i can record lots of HD movies and watch them whenever I want instead of going out and buying blu-ray (even though Blu-Ray is superior and full-hd).

What I have it on is Auto Surround and THX. For music I use EXT. STEREO. But I have the 3005SE 5.1's.

Phil, I get this also. The performance of directory structure/TV guide on the Kuro as well as the LX52 is surprisingly slow, which is why I use the PlayStation now as my music player.

Might sell my CD player soon, cant be arzed to keep switching CD's these days.
  26. johny1980

johny1980 Member

Ratings:
    +98
    1. no problems with my usb stick

2. i just left it at what the mmac wanted
  27. johny1980

johny1980 Member

Ratings:
    +98

yip i use my ps3 for music a lot to

it means through assigning inputs i can play fifa on the 360 whilst listening to tunes from the ps3
  28. sattapaal

sattapaal Member

Ratings:
    +16
    assigning inputs?

have you used Optical and HDMI for an input?

On my brothers Pio427xd, he has managed to assign a "channel number" an INPUT, e.g. scart 1 = channel 99. Is that possible on the 5090 with HDMI? Split screen with Sky and PS3 would be awesome, but theyre both HDMI inputs.
  29. johny1980

johny1980 Member

Ratings:
    +98
    im just talking about assigning inputs on the AMP not the TV
  30. archi2

archi2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Am going to listen for a second time to set up LX52 amp and LXBD52 blue ray player. Am considering Monitors 250 left right and centre, R90 rear 370 sub. have been quoted a good price. Have got a Pioneer PDP-LX5080D wall mounted.Sky HD. And the room size is 26 feet long 13 feet wide. Would this be a reasonable set-up? Any input would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.