Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer Plasma Blinking Standby Light HELP!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by yem120, Oct 15, 2007.

1. yem120

yem120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    I have a pioneer plasma (model pdp-504HDE/pdp-434HDE). When i was watching cable it just shut off by itself and then the red standby light on the pdp (i think that is what it is called, the main screen) started to flash. i took the main plugs out of the sockets and waited about 10 min and tried again but no luck and again for a whole day but that didnt help eitehr.All that happens is that the media box goes on and then the pdp goes on green light then back to flashing red lights and then the media reciver turns off. What could of caused this and is this repairable if so how can i repair it?
    Thanks in advance
    yem
  2. Reaperman

Reaperman Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Sounds like your X or Y drive has failed....Suggest you contact an approved Pioneer Agent as it could be an engineer call out....
  3. reckless

reckless Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I think it might be your power supply board (don't know if that's the x or y drive the previous poster said). There are a number of posts here if you search going back some time regarding flashing standby lights. If it's a power supply issue, I believe that for your model it was a known problem and Pio will replace it (they had a web page up for it on their site, I don't know if it's still there).

Hope it turns out not to be too expensive if you have to pay.
  4. yem120

yem120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i searched a couple of posts but most of them\ were saying that it could be because of the power supply board.
    The model that i have is the newer ones so they wont replace it which sucks ass. My closest service center is in Lanarkshire and i stay in Edinburgh. :(
    What is the X or Y drive anyway?? :confused:
  5. MAW

MAW New Member

Ratings:
    +483
    Count the flashes, is it continuous or a set of repeats? That's part of the diagnostics, can tell Pioneer what's wrong. They have local service agents who'll come out and maybe fix on site, maybe take away. A PSU repair should be about £250 if you have to pay, you might or might not have to.
  6. yem120

yem120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    the standby light blinks twice then a second interval then blinks twice again. When i switch off the media receiver to standby the standby light on the screen stays on and doesnt blink.
  7. plasmad00d

plasmad00d Member

Ratings:
    +49
    This any use to you ......

[​IMG]
  8. MAW

MAW New Member

Ratings:
    +483
    LOL that's pretty categorical, and saves me trawling my memory! PSU it is, as we all thought.
  9. yem120

yem120 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ah so it the power, im gussing that i cant repair it myself and im going to have to call an engineer to come and fix it yeah?
    any way THANK YOUS ALL for helping and replying back so quick :D:D:clap: