Pioneer Kuro 5090 - red light blinking

sanderton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My Pioneer Kuro 5090 won't come out of stand-by. The red LED blinks twice.

I know the number of times is a diagnostic code - what does two flashes mean?

Stuart

According to the manual it's called a P-PWR failure.

Could be one of these inner modules (all reasonably cheap and easy to replace?)

PSU Assembly Failure
X DRIVE Assembly failure
Y DRIVE Assembly failure
ADDRESS Assembly failure
DIGITAL Assembly failure

It could be as simple as a poor connection eg something loose but is probably a module failure.

2011090211317728005090.jpg

Last edited:
where on that picture is there screws that could cause a buzz? ever since i have had my screen changed it has buzzed like a bee(but on a black screen not a white one).so im thinking that when they have changed the screen they havnt tightend on of the screws propley,so im going to try and do it my self but if someone could point out the likley area it could be coming from that would be great

I doubt the buzz is caused by loose screws but whatever you do, don't ever power it on with the rear cover removed or you will activate the anti tamper TRAP switch. (also there is a risk of electric shock)

The TRAP switch will disable the TV until someone performs the TRAP reset function.

Last edited:
I doubt the buzz is caused by loose screws but whatever you do, don't ever power it on with the rear cover removed or you will activate the anti tamper TRAP switch. (also there is a risk of electric shock)

The TRAP switch will disable the TV until someone performs the TRAP reset function.
what could be causing it?it didnt buzz at all with the old screen and doesnt buzz as much with a white screen,only with a back or very dark screen does it sound like a bee(it doesnt sound like the normal plasma buzz)power save 2 reduces it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom