Pioneer KRP-A Owners Thread - Part 7

I agree the settings are a bit bland and a bit dull if watching in full daylight but I can switch to Optimum mode on a sunny day and the image has more pop. I am used to Pure mode now though as the colours seem natural to me.

I haven't really read the controlcal forums, my set actually says KRP-500P on the top but I still think it's a 500A.
ISF calibration perhaps one day but I want to sort out my image retention problem first.

You havent used Optimum watching SSN for long periods have you as that could be the culprit.

All 500A owners have 500P's, as the P stands for Panel.

We got two separate boxes, one of the panel and one for the media box :thumbsup:

Sorry my bad it was not d-nice it was av mike and here is the link, why would i lie???

D-nice is on that forum i was a little mixed up, and yes it is a us forum.

[9G] KRP-500M Pure Mode, European KRP-500M - Calibration Forums

Who said anything about you lieing? I was just surprised that D-nice may have posted settings for a European set.

Yeah, I saw those settings from AV Mike before and tried them out for the craic.

Clearly oversaturated the colours were though.

You havent used Optimum watching SSN for long periods have you as that could be the culprit.

All 500A owners have 500P's, as the P stands for Panel.

We got two separate boxes, one of the panel and one for the media box :thumbsup:

No it's on Pure mode 99% of the time. I tried the various modes when I first got it and if I go onto something like Dynamic now it looks way off and too artificial. I usually only watch it in the evenings any way. I use Game mode for PS3 but that hasn't caused a problem.

Last edited:
^^
It does shunt the whole picture, at regular enough intervals. Your picture with the BBC logo does look extreme (position wise) but i've seen similiar on my 9g, particulary noticeable to myself whilst gaming on PC where I have an OSD (afterburner) positioned top left, displaying system temps, framerates etc. When the orbitor kicks in the OSD can practically disappear.

For what it's worth I use the Orbitor for gaming but leave it off for video content. The use of the Orbiter certainly seems to divide opinions, but go with whatever works for yourself Rob :)

^^
For what it's worth I use the Orbitor for gaming but leave it off for video content. The use of the Orbiter certainly seems to divide opinions, but go with whatever works for yourself Rob :)

I told Mark i wanted it on, so he left it on cant touch it now unless i use a variable preset and they look pants now compared to ISF and like you say, it works for me.

Has Piers done the calibration now?

Sorry about the delay in reply Costas.

I wasn't ignoring you mate... Was just on an enforced holiday shall we say ;)

Yes Piers has Calibrated my 500A on two seperate occasions...

Very very good he is too.

Last edited:
Sorry about the delay in reply Costas.

I wasn't ignoring you mate... Was just on an enforced holiday shall we say ;)

Yes Piers has Calibrated my 500A on two seperate occasions...

Very very good he is too.
No problem my friend... Actually.. sorry... perhaps I did not pick all this info from the start... I did not realise that Piers had already done your 500A.

He has done all three plasmas I had 433, 434 and 600A. Piers is indeed brilliant and particularly I like the methodical work he goes about it and how I can also interact and follow when he is doing it. I most highly recommend him again and again!

I enjoy still very much the 600A and still have the old 434 in full swing in the children's play room... well looked after and still going very strong for just over 10 years now! Was the first one to have an HDMI connection and remmber how frantically many of us here at the forum were trying to "find" to buy an HDMI cable!

I have just a watched a Doctor Who episode The Waters of Mars all i can say is woah, what a visual delight that was Mark Hodgkinson what fantastic work mate :D :D :D :clap:.

Last edited:
This is my service menu sub menus hinting that there may be an issue with my audio :rotfl:

ForumRunner_20130212_120635.jpg

There was an accidental power surge caused by immense bad luck. But it's in good hands and well on it's way to being fully repaired. At a very sensible price of a audio chip/ic replacement rather than the whole audio/mainboard job.

It was coming up with a error audio message of sorts and flicking onto the blue led error codes, but nothing hugely major fortunately :D

I have just found out that I can turn the orbitor off for the ISF setting as its a universal set adjustment, so i am going to leave it off for a day and see if i can notice any difference, but i doubt it.

Last edited:
I thought i would post this, and just to quantify this was done with a Klein k10 and it was dark room recalibrated to ensure it was reading correctly.

You can work it out for yourself, if you dont know how to just ask :).

I wouldn't look at the picture if you own a VT50 if i were you or you may need medical help :laugh:

robcontrast2_zps40c7b01d.jpg

Well if that's what it it is it sure does, looks like it shunts the whole picture, can anyone confirm for definite?

If it shifted that much on my Samsung I would notice that for sure :eek:, if your happy tho :thumbsup:. Sounds like Mark did a nice job :smashin:

Nah **** ***d me knocked it to full so it was definitely me :blush:.

Had my KRP-500A ISF'ed by Gordon yesterday and what a difference (why didn't I get it done years ago!).

Going back to the previous setting I didn't realise how "blue" the standard setting was and how washed out pure was. Now its colourful, crisp, sharp, 3D, ie life like, the gf couldn't believe the difference.

So, I'm very happy with my Kuro still. No signs of any red or other issues, so lets hope I get another few years before I need to upgrade (although interested to see what the Panny ZT60 can do, but not convinced it will be the Kuro killer just yet, happy if it is though...about time!).

stephenc

Had my KRP-500A ISF'ed by Gordon yesterday and what a difference (why didn't I get it done years ago!).

Going back to the previous setting I didn't realise how "blue" the standard setting was and how washed out pure was. Now its colourful, crisp, sharp, 3D, ie life like, the gf couldn't believe the difference.

So, I'm very happy with my Kuro still. No signs of any red or other issues, so lets hope I get another few years before I need to upgrade (although interested to see what the Panny ZT60 can do, but not convinced it will be the Kuro killer just yet, happy if it is though...about time!).

stephenc

I think Pure Mode was overhyped.

Pure on mine was (very) green tinged. But after Piers tweaked mine it looked an awful lot better

Standard was very blue on mine and yes pure was a little too green on mine too. Either way the ISF Night setting for each input (Bluray, Sky+HD, HD-DVD) looks so much better. Happy customer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom