1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pioneer 560 region hack.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by keyap, Mar 12, 2009.

1. keyap

keyap Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Does anyone know if this is the right code for a Philips Pronto to make a 560 region free? PioneerFAQ

It is the link listed in the DVD Recorder section under:-

DVR440/540/545/645/940H(X)
    DVR555/LX60(D)/LX70

Although the 560 is not listed I am assuming it is as 'stand alone' remotes are available for this purpose which, in addition to showing all the above, also list the 560.

Pioneer DVD / Blu-ray player multi-region hack remote on eBay, also Region Free DVD Players, DVD Players, DVD Home Cinema, Consumer Electronics (end time 05-Apr-09 22:39:50 BST)

Pioneer Multiregion DVD Hack Remote ( Chipped ) on eBay, also Region Free DVD Players, DVD Players, DVD Home Cinema, Consumer Electronics (end time 13-Mar-09 15:40:27 GMT)

As I am assuming these remotes only transmit one signal I am guessing it is reasonable to also assume the same signal is used to unlock the 560 as the older DVDRs.

The link to the Pronto code should therefore hopefully work but it would be reassuring to hear from someone who has actually tried, and succeeded.
  2. keyap

keyap Member

Ratings:
    +10
    After a bit more research on the net it looked like this was going to work.

I already have a 560 which is region free and shows region code 14 however my friend has just bought an ex display model for £179 which was region 2.

Tried it with the pronto code and it worked :thumbsup:.

The process was really simple:-

1. Swith machine on
    2. Hit the code free symbol on the pronto
    3. The machine switches off
    4. Wait about 2 minutes - machine will not respond during this time.
    5. Switch back on.
    6. Run through all initial set up routines as machine has reset.
    7. Check region code which is now 14

Have only tried it with region 1 disc which it now plays fine.

Just in case anyone else is going to try this remember you will invalidate any warranty therefore only do it if absolutly necessary.