1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photography areas of interest in uk...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by achoudry, Aug 2, 2009.

1. achoudry

achoudry Active Member

Ratings:
    +422
    is there a site where photographers can go and check for areas of interest for taking photos...eg where there may be natural scenery to take photos of or interesting architecture etc? maybe a site to which people contribute by posting photos?

i know you can do searches on flickr for keywords but it would be nice to be able to go to a site where you can search maybe by postcode, city or county and find places which could be of interest close to you?

i'm primarily interested in the yorkshire area but a site covering the whole of england and uk would be good too.
  2. Pirate!!

Pirate!! New Member

Ratings:
    +1,250
    Start with Spaghetti Junction and move N, S, E, or W from there.
  3. Garf

Garf Active Member

Ratings:
    +537
    ^ :rolleyes:

Is this the sort of thing you mean ?

Photospots

Not used it myself, but might be useful.

Similar one here..

The flickr search thing is kind of useful as well. I've found some good stuff that way.

I read somewhere that Ordinance Survey maps can be good for this as well..
  4. Pirate!!

Pirate!! New Member

Ratings:
    +1,250
    What flicks your switch? No point in taking boring landscapes if hot totty on the beach is your style is it?

Give us something to work on. Bournemouth beach is full of 'glamour photo ops' at the mo. Maybe you're into caravans . . . . help us!
  5. achoudry

achoudry Active Member

Ratings:
    +422
    yes, those links are the types of sites i was talking about. having had a look, photosanswers looks particularly good.

pirate - my interest is fairly varied. i could quite easily take photos of beautiful scenery eg waterfalls, the sea, mountains, sunsets...cars, flowers, interesting buildings, pretty much anything really. there just has to be something of interest to take you to a place in the first instance i guess...something you can find out about and think, yes, i would like to go there!
  6. Stinja

Stinja Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,343
    Why dont you just go to Google Maps, type in your/any postcode and see what photos have been uploaded from people?

eg: great chesterford - Google Maps

then click on "More" for the drop-down menu and click "Photos" and see the many shots which will give you an indication of what it's like in the area :smashin:
  7. achoudry

achoudry Active Member

Ratings:
    +422
    i was thinking of checking out google maps. thanks!