Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

photo/camera/message/whatsapp crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by ranked1, Jun 5, 2013.

1. ranked1

ranked1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, I've been googling for some time about the issue i'm having with my iphone4, but can't seem to find anything specifically for the problem i've got!

My iphone4 is jailbroken (tether boot through redsnow) It's on ios 6.1.3, but uses the ipsw 6.1.0 (i think? may be 6.1.1, i'm not at home to check)

It was jailbroken quite a while ago and all has been fine up untill now.

Whenever I open the camera to take a picture, the focusing square appears, but then the app crashes and returns to home screen.

Whenever I open the photo app, it crashes and returns to home screen.

Whenever I try to add a picture to a message/whatsapp, it crashes and returns to home screen.

Whenever I try to save a picture from a site it crashes and returns to homescreen.

The only way i've found to rectify this is to tether reboot the phone, where it will work as normal for a short while then begin crashing again.

I've already deleted all of my photos thinking it might have been a memory issue, but it's still doing it.

If the only option is to restore via itunes and start again, I probably won't bother jailbreaking it again and just leave it running as standard.

Any ideas?

Cheers
  2. ranked1

ranked1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    3 day, 163 views and no replies? Anybody? :hiya:
  3. g8tecrasher

g8tecrasher Member

Ratings:
    +148
    What you said would be the best solution