Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips BDP8000/12 Blu-ray player - Huge Wlan issue

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by xtr3m3, Oct 22, 2010.

1. xtr3m3

xtr3m3 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I have bought this new 3D capable Blu-ray player.

[​IMG]

I tried to connect to my N router and the setup gave me this error message:

"Wi-Fi dongle not found. Please connect the Wi-Fi dongle and try again."
    [​IMG]

:confused:
    The funny and sad thing here is that this model has no support for Dongles because this model has an integrated wlan b/g/n chip.

This player came with firmware version 1.37.

I'm sad until they release the first public firmware that hopely fixes this issue. Until that this new black little fellow is out of Internet connection.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. xtr3m3

xtr3m3 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Totally Mystery.

Today I contacted Philips of the Netherlands and they told me that this device is not even on their market yet, huh. :eek:
    The person who I talked with was suprised to hear my problem and said that it sounds really odd.

I tried the wlan setup once again just to be sure that there wasn't any little mens inside my Blu-ray player trying to fix this... and guess what.. it magically started working. It found my router and gave no "Wi-Fi dongle not found." error messages. :clap:

Now I'm worried what to do if this happens again...
    I hope this will be fixed in next firmware update. Or at least they should admit that this is an issue that needs to be fixed.. wait a second.. what happened next. It told me that there is an update available and asked me if I would like to download. Of course I will. :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems to be working now. :)
    The current Firmware version is 1.48.

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  3. Revaan

Revaan Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Hi,
    Im interested in this player...

whats it like, especially the picture/sound and opening/loading times ?
  4. xtr3m3

xtr3m3 Member

Ratings:
    +41
    Much better picture quality than with my old player BDP7300.
    Opening? This player don't have disc tray.
    The loading times are pretty fast (few seconds before the movie starts, depends on the movie).
    The sound quality is super with my 7.1 speaker system with 700W RMS.

I like this player and I can recommend it. It has 7.1 analog outputs that are missing from cheap models and also has full Net TV. :smashin:
  5. Revaan

Revaan Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Cheers mate, thanks... Sounds all very good.
    Though I dont need the analog, will go ahead and purchase it anyway and report back.
    No disc tray is a plus :thumbsup:
  6. walmo

walmo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi, can you tell me if the player is compatible with NTFS Hard drives?
  7. Revaan

Revaan Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Hi,
    Just received mine and I have to say the picture is absolutely splendid... it really is. And I didnt think I'd see much improvement over my sony 350 but was proved wrong in a big way.

Strangely, the first disc I put in (dark knight) looked totally awful, so much so that I thought I'd pack it and return it immediately. Then, thought I'd try two other discs (crimson tide and toy story) and it was simply amazing picture quality. Forgot to retry the Dark Knight disc but Im sure it will be fine as its my finest disc.

One thing Im not happy about is that there is no Eject button on the remote :mad:

So, my first impression is that Im impressed :thumbsup:
  8. franky391

franky391 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

last week, Ive bought BDP8000 along with 52PFL8605 to enjoy blue-ray and 3D world. When i put original disc that came along with the box, disc jammed and wouldn't load or eject. I went to store and they have replace it with new one and told me that the problem is with software, and the new one that they have given to me is updated. When i cam home i put burned DVD movie and it worked, on new 31.12.2010. ma pregnant wife and me went to store to buy some blue.ray disc so we can finally enjoy new equipment.

Sadly same happened again with original blue-ray disc, wouldn't play and wont eject.

can somebody help, does someone have same experience.

regards to all