1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Philips 2010 - 8605/9705 3D Ready LED TV Series *Part 4*

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Curly99, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Curly99

Curly99 Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,018
  2. walmo

walmo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    The fact that this thread is now onto 'Part 4' tells you how many problems this tv has had!

Just had a call from Philips, they said I'll get a call about delivering the replacement tv by tomorrow at the latest. I will then get a call after from someone else who is collecting the old tv. This is different from the last time where the person that delivered the new tv also took the old one away. I asked why this was and they said because the new tv was "coming straight from the distributor". I don't really know what that means to be honest or why it makes a difference!
  3. djnata

djnata Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what week are your tv?
  4. boysid

boysid Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Im still waiting for them to call back in discuss the issue with me. Hopefully this time they will fully solve your issues. If they can combine the best of both versions of this TV I think it will be a very good TV.
  5. boysid

boysid Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Hi,

I have just checked and the panel in my week 48 9705 is a Sharp D3LA73 46" (257). Do we know what screen was in the prvious weeks?
  6. walmo

walmo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    My current one is a week 48. Won't know what the new one is till I get it.
  7. walmo

walmo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Mine is also a Sharp D3LA73 46" (257). Does anyone know what the panel number refers to? Can anyone with a week 33 model see what their panel is please?
  8. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Spoke with my dealer today and the TV has been confirmed to be faulty (week 46) and i'm not sure if to be pleased or ticked off!

He said the screen had panel warp on the bottom left corner I did not see that, I was more conserned about the obvious streaking down the display with the dynamic backlight off!

He's basically going to swap it out for one hes had on display for the last week its a week 41 so a few weeks younger and is testing it with a new batch of 3D specs tommrow, its also running the older firmware so not sure if to update to the .27?

I should no more tommrow when hes tested it wether to apcept it or not or hes happy to still send it, what a mess huh?

what a saga!

And now we are at thread 4!....but then again so is the Sony HX900 ;)
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  9. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Yes but most of ours are in praise of the Sony.

Signed. Very satisfied 52HX903 3D owner.
  10. walmo

walmo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Oh dear, here come the fanboys! :D

I am glad you are happy with your tv, I hope eventually everyone can be happy with their purchases!
  11. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Well thats the first 4 Title long sony thread with the customers praising the TV they usualy don't bother comming on if there are no problems!

The logical thing is if you don't have a problem dont complain!....wow sonys market share must be up with all this forum praise!

So I guess you are just the one proud owner?

Sorry I find it hard to believe its all praise now go back to your forum...and stop comming on this wishing you had a 9705 and regretting it to this day by looking in on us obviously the 9705 still atracts you if your posting here! :laugh:
  12. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Wasn't gloating, just a jokey response to Aibo's dig.

I liked the Philips and almost got one, but the problems reported here put me off and I went the Sony route instead (Also got a VERY good deal).

Hope everyone ends up with a good tv, whatever make, but I would give up on the Philips if I was having as much trouble as some of you are reporting to be experiencing.
  13. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    I had a quick scan of that thread I was intrigued ... and to my suprise its full of issues with the 3D trasmitters and such like...so hardly perfect but maybe less troublesome than the 9705!

But still the 9705 draws me back to ambilight and the matte screen thats the same sharp panel in the HX903 just that I don't have the effect of looking through a fishtank in a resturant effect with it! ;)
  14. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    You've been complaining about and returning sets for quite a while now, and you still haven't one that pleases you. What would it take for you to admit the Philips is flawed and move on to another set?. It's only a tv.
  15. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    You've mentioned that fishtank thing a lot now, I've no idea what you are talking about. Sited correctly, I have no reflections. Do you work for Philips ?.
  16. walmo

walmo Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Both of you please stop it now, don't want this thread turning into a stupid slagging match. This thread should remain about the despair of our 9705's. Thanks.
  17. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    But It isnt flawed because I was extreamly satisfied with the TV apart from the panel which was a fault cause by SHARP the SAME SHARP panel sitting in some of your loved HX903's

You may have issues with your panel but less willing to admit it or go out looking for them most people its not so obvious but I am sure there is something your TV does not do properly you living with!

Samsung owners are still complaining, sony owners and panasonic bassically all brands are having issues just different ones so philips are hardly flawed just the 9705 has that many features its alot to get right!

Just becuase you TV is perfect does not mean you can speak on behalf of the 100's who use them I have seen satisfied people with 9705's on forums.....

So I aint going to justify it anymore getting into which ones better or less problem debate....NO TV's perfect!
  18. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    No Ive owned glossy TVs I hate them there ugly cheap looking and mass produced eyecandy!

I hope your happy paying £400 extra for your SONY logo

Just a TV anyway :)

Back to the 9705 guys well said walmo....
  19. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19

Some people will never be satisfied.
  20. ali54

ali54 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i go with you on that one way to many problems with 9705 if it dident have the deep black it would be the worse tv avere made
  21. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I hope your happy paying £400 extra for your SONY logo

.[/QUOTE]

Yeh it's neat thanks. I can turn it on and off too.
  22. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Properly set up, I can't tell where a black part of scene ends and the black glossy bezel begins.
  23. ali54

ali54 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i seen the black on sony in the shop and its not good as the philips trust me on that one
  24. ali54

ali54 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    one of the reson why the picuter was so good on the pioneer kuro its was glass used on that tv
  25. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Like I said, PROPERLY set up the blacks on a picture merge with the bezel. Can't comment on how your shop set their one up.
  26. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    was it "ugly cheap looking and mass produced eyecandy!" ?
  27. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    Without getting into a major thing glass is reflective so if you bounce pure white light agaist it (TV image) some of this light is going to bounce back onto the black areas of the image causeing less image contrast (plasma's suffer with this glare)

Then you have to take into account the fact that you have another layer of subsrate between you and the actual display and im sure sony wont use the highest optical grade thats polished to perfection and mark free, so you will always have a sense of something stuck over the panel.

If you remove the glass your looking straight at the actual LCD panel nothing else in turn better more light getting through better contrast, image and no reflection!

Its why Apple have brought back the MATTE screen option in the macbook pro line as it cant be matched for photo editing performance...
  28. ali54

ali54 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    i dont no but it was world best tv and two years on still is
  29. Denis247

Denis247 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I asked some time ago why this set was discontinued without a better one to replace it. I understand the manufacturer stopped making them, but any idea why another manufacturer hasn't been able to match ( or, with time/progress) or better the Kuro's performance? Usually things progress with time, but it seems Plasma's haven't. I'd be interested in your comments on this Ali, you seem to know what you are talking about.
  30. aibo82

aibo82 Member

Ratings:
    +32
    I think panasonic are trickling the Kuro tech out for customers to keep stumping up for it and to give them a fighting chance agaist oled, pioneer was onto a winner but £2000 for a TV back then was considerd expensive and the market was not there!