1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peugeot 307SW Blaupunkt CD Player- Help Req'd

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Nav & Dash Cam Forum' started by smoggy4u, Nov 21, 2005.

1. smoggy4u

smoggy4u Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Factory fitted Blaupunkt 5 Cd changer has just given up the ghost.
    Radio unit operating ok but CD will not select when SRC button pressed.
    All that is happening is that each CD slot (numbers 1 to 5) is flashing.
    Managed to get all but 2 CD's ejected.
    Unit seems to have "locked up" apart from the flashing indications.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted as kids are doing my head in!!
  2. conkerman

conkerman Member

Ratings:
    +42
    This is a very common fault. New unit req'd. they are pretty rubbish TBH

Mine does it too. has ate some of my CD's too.
  3. Ruco

Ruco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have had two cars with this unit, both Peugot 307SW and both have had a problem. the first car had intermittent problems which i never could resolve, my most recent one stopped about three months ago. today i decided to do something about it. so i looked on the web and found this trail. i removed the CD changer and unplugged it from the cables then took it into the house and, on the basis that it was an intemittant fault assumed a good bashing might dislodge something, so gave it a good basking with the handle of a screw driver onall sides. i took it back to the car plugged it in and atleast this time it made a noise. i fed a CD in and nothing happened. i unpluged it a few more times, giving it extra bashes in between and then fed a CD in during power-up, hey presto it is working again.

i guess something was stuck or mis-aligned or something and it is back in place now. of course i don't know how long tis will last bt it took be 20 mins so it is probably worthwhile trying.

good luck
  4. martUK

martUK Member

Ratings:
    +73
    It is common that the mechanism breaks, they are made for Pug and the aftermarket version will not work so a new one needs to be sourced from a Pug dealer