Pearl and dean

Thanks Mark,
MrD is working on it over the weekend....I think.
So whenever I have something in a usable format we will let everyone know.

Cheers

Chris

Yes .

Replicated the typeface and the background. Also setup some animation curves based on the original. Now I just need to knock up some images for the zooming geometric shapes and dots.

Hoping for finish on Sunday. Then I'll get the files to Chris. I haven't had any luck with generating an avi sequence yet thats readable by mediaplayer . It works fine with the compositing package I'm using though.

Just order myself a new PJ and just found this thread.....:clap: :clap: :clap:
Well done to all and keep up the good work. :smashin:

I was wondering how this is coming along, especially now that I have got myself a projector :D

Has the project run into problems or has it just been put on the back burner?

Regards,
Iain.

Well there are no problems beyond the fact that Harry Potter 3 needs to get somewhere at the moment..

can i join in the ride..........(walks away rubbing hands)

Is this gonna actually surface?
Ive been bursting with excitement with th prospect of getting the original pearl and dean intro/outro for a long time.
hows about posting it regardless of quality? and we can clean it up if we feel the need DIVX will do me fine!
all the best :smashin:

As I'm way too busy at the moment to get to this I have dumped the original off to CD and will be sending it to Chris.

When I get the chance ( believe me I'm that busy).

I'm currently working on a project of higher importance and technicality than Mr D, so I know exactly what he's going through....

Now, where's that other Star Wars laserdisc, and what were those settings in TMPGenc again? ;)

Gary

Just going to say, many thanks for undertaking this work and I, we fully understand that you have actual jobs during the daytime. The good news is, by the time this gets finished I shall probably own a projector to fully enjoy the cinema exprerience, as I've been given the go ahead by my other half. :D

Regards,

Boink!

Just found this thread - I'd love to get a copy of this when it's finished.

I was interested to see the 70s B&H ad mentioned in the article that Jules posted the link for: http://film.guardian.co.uk/Film/gallery/image/0,8545,-10904653702,00.html

I remember going to the Odeon Leicester Square in '77 when The Spy Who Loved Me came out (I was 11), and I vaguely remember seeing the B&H ad. I think there were also some very spectacular ones for Levi's around that time, or slightly later. I would have thought they were originally 35mm (possibly anamorphic?) for larger cinemas.

Has anyone seen prints of these ads anywhere recently? Maybe the advertising agencies would have them.

By the way, I'm not sure whether cinema adverts are subject to copyright. I believe adverts published in periodicals aren't.

I need to add that finding original 70's / 80's ads from the cinema is near on impossible without spending a lot of money.
I have only been able to find stuff from the 60's which is pretty cool anyhow.
I have it on digi beta if anyone is interested in a copy.
I think most ad's from the time we are looking at will be owned by major corporations etc.
But I am not giving up yet.....

C

I found this website and gave them a call:
http://www.hatads.org.uk/merchandise.htm

The good news is that they can supply copies of old adverts for £35 (£25 for newer ones). The bad news is they can only do VHS...

They are looking at doing DVDs though.

Surprisingly they told me that the copies they supply to the BBC are also on VHS! I guess that's why whenever you see old ads on the telly (e.g. those programmes about the 70s) they look really crap.

Just found this.

Would be interested (to the extent that I would part with money) of any outcome!!!

Yeah, they were great. I wonder if the dude that runs the website has them on better quality?

Cool Link. I haven't seen some of those adverts before, some i have, brought back great memories !! :D

Good luck with the P&D project, looks good..........

Cheers

Cosmic

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom