Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCH-A110 - Standby Issue...

Discussion in 'Streamers & Network Media Players' started by WeegieAVLover, Sep 1, 2009.

1. WeegieAVLover

WeegieAVLover Active Member

Ratings:
    +723
    Hi All,

I have a PCH and have had it for 6 months so I am fairly abreast with everything on the system.

However one wee issue is for example:

- I watch an episode of Still Game (scottish comedy series) late at night and once finished it goes back to the DVD menu (listing different episodes in the series).
    - I decide to go to my and switch the TV off but leave the PCH on at the still game menu.
    - I get up in the morning and decide to watch a film on my PCH.
    - I switch on the TV and the PCH screen is frozen.
    - I press the menu button and select the resume but and that seems to wake things up and I could select another episode of still game if I want.
    - However because I want to watch a film so press the stop or source button on the remote control.
    - The screen then goes black and nothing happens.
    - I am forced to switch the PCH of at the back and then back on again and it works no problem

Is this just a "feature" of the PCH and I just need to be less lazy and switch it off at night and back on in the morning :)
  2. KyleS1

KyleS1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +958
    I dont know if it is a "feature" but why would you not want to switch your PCH off overnight? Surely you don't get free electricity?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  3. WeegieAVLover

WeegieAVLover Active Member

Ratings:
    +723
    No I do not get free leccy but I am sure you can understand when I say "I'm a lazy toad!" :rolleyes:
  4. KyleS1

KyleS1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +958
    There is a power button on the remote as well - not a full power off, but standby is one step closer ;) You dont even have to leave your seat to do it.