Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pc system pre built best buy upto £1500

Discussion in 'Desktops' started by zxdragon777, Dec 10, 2010.

1. zxdragon777

zxdragon777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello ,
    Budget £1500 must include case mobo memory psu chip cooler graphics card basically case and all relevent internal components i want a pre built supplied base system
    Needed for gaming mainly world of warcraft ( no work ) and light internet use ebay and stuff ( not bothered about films really ) i will buy monitor windows keyboard mouse etc seperately
    Wanted to purchase pre or post christmas anything worth waiting for ?
    What advise can you give me about level of performance i should be looking at i3,i5,i7 and graphics card gtx460.470.480 (580?) as guide lines
    I have looked at overclockers and mesh but would like advise :lease: as to suitability for running wow at max with good frame rates as a maxed out system maybe wasting my cash ( any pointers for suitable monitor would be nice as well )
    cheers Andy :thumbsup:
  2. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Intel are releasing a new processor architecture in January.

WoW is a five year old game and while it's had graphical upgrades I can't imagine it's terribly demanding.

How many and what type of monitors are you going for? If you want a demanding setup (triple monitors, 120hz, 3d etc.) then that'll influence the system you need.
  3. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake New Member

Ratings:
    +143
    Best bang per buck pre built machine right now is this one.

Gladiator BLACK OPS X Gaming PC - Aria PC

Amazing deal.

£1300 you get an i7 950 @ 4Ghz, 6GB Ram, 580 GTX. That gives you £200 left over to fit a nice SSD drive.
  4. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
  5. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Maybe for people who want those specific parts but I get the impression that zxdragon isn't terribly bothered about what's inside and just wants appropriate performance and you can get the same performance for at least £250 less.
  6. Mavisk

Mavisk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just got the Nemesis from Cryo PC
    Came in at around £1400 with a few changes.
    Well impressed :thumbsup:
  7. zxdragon777

zxdragon777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looking at a singular monitor setup
  8. zxdragon777

zxdragon777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looks nice fast setup anyone dealt with Aria PC at all are they good with customer service ?
  9. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    spending £1300 on WOW stupid, a £700 PC will slaughter WOW

ystem Specification
    - Case: Antec 300 Case with Nvidia Green case fans.
    - Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W
    - CPU: Intel Core i3 540 3.06GHz Clarkdale overclocked to 4.20GHz
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
    - Cooler: Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
    - RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    - Graphics Card: Nvidia 400 Series DX11 Compatible Graphics Cards
    - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
    - Optical Drive: LG DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

Aria is in my blacklist of computer retailers (sent something, wrong item and point blank refused to replace it)
  10. zxdragon777

zxdragon777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looking at a singular monitor setup on big desk upto 24" directly infront of me max 18"-24" away from myself been comparing std 60hz lcd vs 120hz gaming monitor vs likes of Dell U2410 n Hp's LP2475 ( but these are 6ms ? but very high picture quality )
    main uses world of warcraft and light internet use
  11. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I'd recommend TN panel for gaming, it may not have the widest gamut for photoshop and video use, but it doesn't lag that much. A few 2ms panels are around too, they're even nicer. WOW isn't exactly a fps demanding so 6ms will be fine. 2MS panels good for F.P.S. or fast action games.

Like I said spending £1300 on a PC for WOW is stupid, unless you're going to play latest games as well. I've just bought a new base unit. 580 for WOW is a waste of money. Buy that 580, give it to me and I'll give you a 8800GT and you won't notice the difference in WOW. lol
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. zxdragon777

zxdragon777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks re your reply . what level of system should i look at i3,i5 and what graphics card level would you suggest ? gtx 460 or higher ? also heard gtx 460's are possibly hot and noisy would any of the radeon range be more suitable at the same price level
  13. Berties

Berties New Member

Ratings:
    +606
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. zxdragon777

zxdragon777 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    gonna have a look at the bad news then probably need an I7 high spec arrrrggggghhhh watch all those pennies gotto a computer company :mad: . anyway red5 going in here goes nothing ( bangs the old iiyama monitor as the tube fades to black :( :( :( at least i don't use my hand anymore after i hurt it thumping the monitor till the screen came back on )
    very intersting rewiews / reports on gpu n graphics cards here re world of warcraft cheers for the heads up Berties nice one bro ( might have to treat myself to an ssd now )
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010