Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Party Invitation ideas/templates

Discussion in 'General Chat Forum' started by Orson, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    My daughter is turning 16 in a months time :eek: and she's having a party. Foolishly, I thought that popping into the local stationary shop to buy a pack of invites would be fine, but it appears that is not so :rolleyes:. They are all a bit childish, and so she'd like some cool/trendy party invites to send out.

So I'm looking for some templates I can use or get ideas from. I thought about a concert ticket type format, but any suggestions/images/links would be great :smashin:.

Now I'm okay with a PC & have a graphics package, which I know how to use, so putting something together shouldn't be a problem, and I've got a colour laser printer & decent paper, so the finished article should look okay, but I'm no designer, and have no idea what to start with.

So if anyone can help, it will be appreciated.

2. Toasty

Toasty Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,257
    Surely facebook is the answer ;)

A friend of ours issued a concert backstage pass style invite with ACCESS ALL AREAS on them, quite cool.
  3. Singh400

Singh400 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,416
    Mate, no one does party invites any more...

Create a Facebook Event and send it out. Simple as :smashin:
  4. 7ofnine

7ofnine Active Member

Ratings:
    +438
  5. HMHB

HMHB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    Haven't there been problems in the past with party invites on facebook and then the whole town turning up?
  6. Toasty

Toasty Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,257
    I've used facebook invites a few times and they are very effective providing you set up the privacy options specifically to your event type. It is true you can publicise to all and sundry, but its also true that you can invite only named people and only they can view the invite, to the point its never shown on anyone's public profile. Its very flexible.
  7. Crocodile

Crocodile Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,745
    Reminds me of something I've been meaning to suggest to you. Next time your neighbours fire up the "music", bash out a Facebook invitation on their behalf. Given that that appear so keen to share. :devil:

Edit
    Sorry OP, way OT. :blush:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  8. Orson

Orson Moderator

Ratings:
    +601
    I don't suppose you have an image by any chance. Unfortunately I'm too old & uncool to know what a real backstage pass looks like :)

Facebook... sorry, I'm in the Luddite camp when it comes to that. And I've only just allowed my daughter to have access to it, so she could send some out, but from what I understand, Facebook users don't get out much :D

But seriously, that would limit the invitees to just facebook users, so we'd still need to send some out to others, the non-Facebook users. And I would be worried that it would go all wrong, and we'd end up getting half the town there. And in my town, that's not advisable.

I've looked at the other links thank you, but they all seem a bit 'kid-like', and I couldn't find anything more up to date.

So if anyone has any more... :smashin:
  9. Toasty

Toasty Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,257
    I don't have that particular invite any more, but this site has loads of examples and may give you some further ideas.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. IronGiant

IronGiant Moderator

Ratings:
    +12,745
  11. scsracing

scsracing Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Bit of paper with date,time and address on.Thats what we do anyway,and word of mouth.:smashin:
  12. signs

signs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308

Just an idea ,but to save even more money,have you considered using old envelopes ? and if your really lucky you might find a stamp that has not been franked and you could use it again :eek: :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  13. scsracing

scsracing Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Who said anything about postage,lol:eek:.Just hand um out,i have loads like that so it probably is quite common,its the party thats gotta be good,not the invite:)