Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Panny PHZ81B

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Olly116, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I am wanting a quick sell on a 42inch Panny PHz81. Would like to do it within the next week or two so am lowering the price. It is virtually BRAND new. i cant take it back, as nothing is wrong with it.

Still have reciept and qaruantee.

Would rather a pick-up or a half meet, or the delivery cost will be horrendous!

I cannot give you a demo of this TV to show everything is in order unless you pick up. Please keep that in mind.

asking price - £680

P.S. please do not try and get the price much lower, this is a NEW model and i am already losing a hell of a lot by going after a quick sale.

but you are welcome to make suggestions.

Kindest regards,
    Olly

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.

By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  2. fondie

fondie Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Hi, FYI, I don't think Panasonic make a 40 inch version.

Possibly it's the 42 inch TH42PZ81?
  3. n0chex

n0chex Active Member

Ratings:
    +257
    Can you please confirm a firm asking price as stated in the forums trading rules.
  4. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Sorry Fondie! you are correct. It is 42". Have ammended the title.

As for price. I will 'state' as per rules £680. But want a pick up. rather than going through delivery couriers etc, unless the other party is willing to pay.

People are free to make offers though, should they choose.
  5. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    I am working on getting some pictures up.

Also, after a bit of thought, i am going to officially lower the price to £650. I think this is perhaps more fair, considering i am after pick-up.
  6. TopMeTom

TopMeTom New Member

Ratings:
    +270
    Why you selling sooooo cheap?
  7. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    cos i would like a quick sale and who ever it is would really need to pick it up, so i have to go by the facts;

it is technically now second hand, even though it its in new condition. They have to pay petrol. They also have to go to time and effort to pick it up.

I'm after a sale within 1-2 weeks. Looks like theres not much interest anyway.
  8. a3malawimatt

a3malawimatt Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Shame you are so far away, i would have been very interested in this!

Have you got the box at all?

Good luck with the sale.
  9. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Yeah still have box, i can't quite stress this enough, everything is as new.

If you don't mind the lack of personal demo and paying a bit extra for my petrol, i could try and meet half way?

or at least between northanpton and oxford or somewhere like that. Obviously i can't demo it....though if you paid by cheque things would be a little more fair?
  10. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    I cant seem to find any info about this screen !! someone point me in the right direction please:lease:

A link ??

Regards Bacus
  11. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    Olly116,

Do you have a link for this screen mate ? for some stupid reason i cant seem to find any info !!

Regards Bacus
  12. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Hi Bacus,

Here;

Panasonic TH42PZ81B / TH42PZ81 Preview

I dont have a digi cam and i can work out this bloody software from my phone. All it would be is a photo of this tv against a white wall anyway (the one in this photo would have been more used anyway).

I think there is a review of the 50" on that site to, if you can find it. It did get a very good review, ifyou go to the panny web-site you can see what various awards this range has won.

best wishes,
    Ollie
  13. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    Thanx Olly, ill have a quick read, also do you know how many HDMI inputs it has and if there version 1.3 ? :smashin:
  14. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    There are 3. As far as i know they are version 1.3. I believe the 2008 range are - but im not 100% wil try and find out. It also has intelligent frame creation and 24p real cinema (basically no a crap 3:2 pulldown or judder).
  15. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    Does this also have the build in HD tuner & free sat to be able to receve ITV HD ?

16. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Yes, this is the FreeSat model. I think it is the only one of the Z series that has it.

Do you live close? i can arrange a viewing if you would like...
  17. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    Hi i am local ish mate (Worthing, west sussex) but i have a maximum budget and your a bit above it !!!!

18. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Thats a shame, whats your budget?
  19. Bacus

Bacus Active Member

Ratings:
    +380
    Exactly £180 below your asking price mate :(
  20. a3malawimatt

a3malawimatt Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me, i am interested its just the logistics of it really. Also i am so busy with business at the moment i don't know when i would get a chance to get down to oxford before christmas. Would you consider me arranging for a courier to collect it from you and upon it arriving to me i would pay the balance? I use a courier for my business who is a same day courier and could possibly arrange for him to collect from you when he is on a run. I would like to point out that i am not making a firm offer at this point but need to know whats possible to make an offer.

Thanks in advance

Matt
  21. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Hmmm, i don't really like the idea of payment afterward. but i suppose i'm open to it. To be honest i was hoping for some help geting the damned thing down the stairs!

what day, would you want him to collect it?

im sort of asking out of possibilities too here.

thanks.
  22. Flimber

Flimber Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,265
    The AVForums review of this set can be found here.
  23. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    thanks,

Would have thought there would be a bit more interest in this model at such an asking price, especially as it is so new.

Anyway, we'll see...
  24. fhpt

fhpt Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Edit: Withdrawing offer...can't help feeling if I bought it I'll keep thinking I should've gone for a bigger screen. Nice set though, and good price.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  25. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Hi Fh,

no worries, thanks anyway.
  26. mike530

mike530 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Olly I can offer £580 & I'll collect.
    It's the best I can do + it's a 300+mile round trip.
  27. a3malawimatt

a3malawimatt Member

Ratings:
    +44
    Hi Mate,

Please pm me your postcode so that i can get a price from the courier. Basically they would just come to your residence, pick it up and make sure it is in shippable condition i.e. packaged well. Bring it back to me, i would then check it to make sure theres no shipping damage, which there wouldn't be with them, they courier far more delicate and expensive things for my business, i would then power it up and check it, upon everything being fine which i am sure it would be, i would go online and pay you via Bank transfer directly to your account. Only problem is to make it worth while i would need to get the courier to do it as a favour and pick it up when they are in southampton. To get them to do it specially would cost £100's but if they are there they usually just charge me a nominal fee for there troubles.

Anyhow, leave it with me, if it sells in mean time then no problem but we may be able to do something.

Thanks

matt
  28. Olly116

Olly116 Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Hi,

Sorry i have decided as of this morning to accept mike's offer, as the pick up is going to be more straight forward

I'm now moving away from the forum into private comms with Mike.

Thanks for any interest that has been shown.
  29. BOBMCCAUSLAND

BOBMCCAUSLAND Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Can't believe it - I go away on business trip for a few days and miss out on this :suicide: If the deal falls through with Mike please contact me as I live in Bath area and would be perfectly happy to come and collect.

Thanks!

Bob
  30. mike530

mike530 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Deal done,Long drive but, Very happy!:thumbsup:
    Cheers Olly!