1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic VX300 65"

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Cadet, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    The new 65” professional plasma display from Panasonic joins the company’s existing large format 3D display products, which include the 85”, 103” and 152”.

Exhibited at CEDIA HTE last month, the VX300 offers several customisable features designed to enable the image and viewing experience to be enhanced for high-end home theatre. These features include Colour Gamut, which can be selected from five different settings; the ability to allow the user to modify the placement of RGB; adjustment menus; white balance settings; an advanced memory that allows users to name or save data; and an independent RGB ON/OFF function that checks secondary colours or monochrome images.

Equipped with high-speed drive technology that achieves clear and detailed 3D video, the TH-65VX300 also allows simultaneous colour correction where both the left and right 3D images can be seen on the screen at the time.

Panasonic shows latest home cinema plasma at CEDIA HTE

David Martin, general marketing manager for professional displays at Panasonic Marketing Europe, commented: “With this display we’re bringing broadcast-level technology into the home to deliver an exceptional viewing experience that delivers realistic 3D images. However, the variety of features and size enable other industries such as post production, retail, design and simulation to use it. We’re continuing to develop technology that appeals to a number of sectors, yet doesn’t compromise on quality.”

Reflecting on the CEDIA HTE experience, Daniel Rose, category manager, professional projector & display Europe for Panasonic, told IE Residential: “CEDIA was a big hit for Panasonic with the whole show talking about how amazing the 152” looked, many people enjoying the chance to experience 3D gaming on the 103” and giving us a chance to preview the new 65VX300 to the people who know the market demands best.”

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Panasonic has used the current Home Technology Event at London’s ExCel venue to unveil its latest high end home cinema display, the TH-65VX300E.

This new 65in screen is equipped with high-speed drive technology, which Panasonic claims achieves clear and extremely detailed 3D video. What’s more, it benefits from a ‘pro-quality engine’ not found on Panasonic’s typical 65in consumer screens (like the P65VT30), which doubles the panel’s colour reproduction.

The new pro picture engine also delivers smoother gradations than Panasonic’s consumer panels, especially in dark areas, and carries a number of customisable features aimed at high-end home theatre customers such as five different colour gamut settings, modification of the RGB placement, gamma curve options, white balance settings, and an advanced memory that allows users to save settings data

Attached Files:

3. Dellboy

Dellboy Member

Ratings:
    +78
    So it appears the our American cousins are due to have the 65", 50" and 40" displays delivered to their shores around September/October time.

Does any one know when Panasonic are releasing them to Europe and the UK and will we get the 50" and 40" flavours?
  4. hdiam

hdiam Member

Ratings:
    +84
    The thought of this coupled with a Lumagen processor has me salivating at the mouth, unfortunately have not got a spare 10k at the mo!
  5. hdiam

hdiam Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Does anyone know if the VX 300 will require a Video Processor to run along side it to give reference results?
  6. Dellboy

Dellboy Member

Ratings:
    +78
    There is a lot of speculation on the USA av forums. Panasonic are less than forthcoming about their professional panels, which is a shame.

Still have a read on this forum for some info on these screens:

Official Panasonic VX300 Series Q&A

I just hope my ailing PH4 can last until these are released in the uk.
  7. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    It was confirmed today that the VX300 will only be available in 65" -no 50/42 " , approx retail price is 9000 GBP..:thumbsup:
  8. SATM

SATM Member

Ratings:
    +124
    Has there been any indication as to when it will be released in the UK?
  9. Mogli

Mogli Member

Ratings:
    +65
    :thumbsdow Its list price in the US is....$6250...how does that translate to £9000??
  10. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +3,890
    Could the $6250 be before there tax?
  11. Mogli

Mogli Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Quite possibly, though thats list so I would think most would get a discount, whats the average sales tax in the US? 4-5%?
  12. MrGrumpie

MrGrumpie Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,663
    I get bored of the old rip off britain mantra, but I have to say if that really is the price difference it's more than taking the biscuit...
  13. Insanity202

Ratings:
    +3,890
    Not got a clue mate.
    got that right it wouldnt just be taking the biscuit it will be taking the whole bloody cookie jar.;)

9k sure does sound a lot.
  14. Mogli

Mogli Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Agree, especially when you consider that it uses the same panel as the vt30 (albeit with different internals apparently), with the 65 vt30 being available for £3699, surely the law of diminishing returns kicks in, can it really be 5k better then the vt30?

I am all for Pro Panels my Fuji is still going strong after all these years (thankfully it wasnt too upset with me after being replaced by the 55 vt30 for a few weeks!) but 9k is too much :(
  15. Insanity202

Ratings:
    +3,890
    I wonder if its 9k worth of goodness.
    Want to see some reviews now. 9K is alot of cash.
  16. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40

No comparison on this pro panel , complete different league mate...hence price..
  17. Inferno

Inferno Active Member

Ratings:
    +736
    In what way? can you list them?
  18. mikelj

mikelj Member

Ratings:
    +242
    But it's 3K cheaper than a 65" Aviamo was:).
  19. mikelj

mikelj Member

Ratings:
    +242
    Well I bet that you'll be able to turn the Nanodrfit off on the VX300:D
  20. Inferno

Inferno Active Member

Ratings:
    +736
    I thought that was on like it or not?

Wigan Warriors who are they :laugh:.
  21. mikelj

mikelj Member

Ratings:
    +242
    A new 'feature' for the PF30 series, apparently.

Going by your user name, I assume you'll be able to relax this Saturday too:).
  22. Inferno

Inferno Active Member

Ratings:
    +736
    Ok not seen any specs.

:( i was numb for days was there and was well hacked off, still am that was the worst display from us in months :suicide:.
  23. OC4J

OC4J Member

Ratings:
    +47
    New Hampshire = 0% :eek:
  24. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Official release date is October 26th 2011,
  25. hdiam

hdiam Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Is this really going to be 9k english when the U.S. gets it for approx 6k?
  26. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Sure is, price confirmed will be retail between 9-9.5k:eek:
  27. Paul D

Paul D Active Member

Ratings:
    +348
    I had to read that $6000 - £9000 price a few times before it really hit me.
    For some reason my brain kept saying convert it to pounds and add VAT and it will be about the same.

Then it struck me, the 9000 and 6000 should have been the other way around!
    £9000 is about $13,800!!!
    There HAS to be some mistake here.
    There is no way they can justify double the price between the US and the UK...
  28. mikelj

mikelj Member

Ratings:
    +242
    Everyone else does the same. Basically, where you can separate a market, you can apply a different pricing structure (petrol companies have been doing it for years with forecourt prices - in fact I used to work for a company that developed software to enabled them to do exactly that).
  29. Scooby2000

Scooby2000 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,391
    Guess it depends on how many they expect to sell, US market is huge compared to the UK. Still that is taking not only the biscuit, the jar, but the whole bloomin shop sellin the jar! The way things are at the mo 9k for a TV?...hmm let me think...lotto winners, premier footballers and bankers telly? spose thats actually quite a few sales.
  30. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Here is the latest review on the vx300 by Robert against the pioneer elite /VT30 ETC..

Quote By Robert:

We compared the VX300 against the VT30, PN59D8000 and Elite 60"

First, I want everyone to know that everything was good, nothing bad to report at this time. Tomorrow Kevin Miller is stopping by and Saturday evening D-Nice is flying in to do his evaluation and I may have him calibrate and save his calibration in a separate memory. So stay tuned for more professional comments.

The monitor calibrated beautifully gamma set at 2.35 perfectly flat from 10 to 60 IRE with very small bumps above 70 IRE, but the Delta E was below 1.5 and the gray scale was also excellent with a Delta E of less than 1.5. Kelvin was easily set to 6520 K

The image quality was simply stunning and in comparison to the very best TVs on the shoot-out wall the VX300 looked the best. It has a more natural look, closer to reality, better color accuracy than even Samsung's PN59D8000, which BTW won for the best color accuracy in our recent shoot-out. Skin tones for black, Asian and Caucasians was dead on perfect. They have a pure life like accuracy.

The image is more finely detailed that makes the picture look life like and for lack of a better term it actually looks sharper, but with no noise whatsoever. Which brings me to the built-in processing, which must be one of the factors in delivering the exceptional reference quality picture.

The MLL is .004 with a 1% pattern. We could not measure the IRE with a zero IRE signal as the panel shuts off like the LED TVs do. With a zero signal feed the VX300 measures .000

This display has a lot of possibilities as you can see from our early evaluation, plus the endless special settings that only a studio reference monitor would have. For example in the "Advanced Setting" you can select the following color spaces:

1. Rec 709, (which of course, we calibrated to)

2. Digital Cinema, (I think Hollywood authors to Digital Cinema)

3. EBU, (European Broadcast Union)

4. SMPTE C, (For SD material Rec 601)

5. And finally Custom (so you can invent your own color space)

3D is awesome and we did not have time to calibrate the 3D mode tonight, but I did pop in Avatar. The depth, color, and what looked like zero cross talk made this epic stereoscopic experience fun to watch again.

All in all a beautiful display for the most discerning enthusiasts.

'' Quote End