Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic VT30 Owners thread Part 9

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Curly99, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micks_address

micks_address Active Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Hi folks, I got a new satellite receiver during the week and it transmits 5.1 over hdmi. I have hdmi connected to the tv so my wife can watch Tv without turning on the av receiver. I get 5.1 to the receiver via optical. problem is that when watch channels that broadcast in 5.1 I don't get any sound through the tv. I would have thought the vt 30 could accept 5.1 via hdmi? Cheers Mick
  2. owen021173

owen021173 Active Member

Ratings:
    +249
    The store are well aware of the situation and I think there as baffled as me as to why Panasonic cancelled my visit.
    If I get messed around again tomorrow with the update then I will contact them to see what my options are. To be honest I wouldn't even exchange my 55" for a 65" if it was offered, I've had my fill of Panasonic tv's now after this carry on
  3. Lalami1990

Lalami1990 Member

Ratings:
    +88

I've found with my old 55" that the crickets didnt go from a firmware update and ended up getting worse around the 1000hr mark. No one should be going through this much trouble with a product thats under 6 months old. If I was in your shoes and didnt want another Panasonic, I'd demand for a refund and purchase the Samsung 64D8000. Its selling for the same price as the 55VT30, perhaps even cheaper.
  4. owen021173

owen021173 Active Member

Ratings:
    +249
    Yes it's a noisy so and so alright :(
    Had 2 Samsung before going back to Panasonic and they buzzed also !
    At this time I'd be happy to have my old px60 back lol!
  5. Lord Bunky

Lord Bunky Member

Ratings:
    +46
    My 55VT30B is now over the 1000 hour mark, and the crickets have died down to a faint sound. In fact, 90% of the time you cant even hear them.
  6. MrFurious

MrFurious Active Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I saw one of these yesterday while passing a tv shop and it looked great, was really tempted now to try and track one down for myself, I'm in two minds , how much more cash will the new vt50 be do you think, or should i steer clear of a vt30 altogether
  7. alsina

alsina Active Member

Ratings:
    +620
    The TXP55VT50 is £2399 and will be available in April.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Wayne00

Wayne00 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Sometimes a film will change scene, then a second after the screen will quickly change brightness like it's altering it itself. What's this and how can I turn it off it's v annoying!
  9. nictry

nictry Active Member

Ratings:
    +205
    That is the fluctuating brightness issue I'm afraid, there is another thread on the forums dedicated to this problem and explaining about a SD card implemented firmware upgrade done by a Panasonic engineer visit that may reduce the visibility of the issue
  10. Wayne00

Wayne00 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh great. I dodged the green blobs but managed to get a noisy screen with random brightness changes lol!

I'm seriously surprised with this massive minefield of buying the top of the range TV's... :/

I was hoping that it would be something to do with the room light sensor or something I know the TV has
  11. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +667
    I'm looking at buying one of these tomorrow, the 50VT30 with the 5 year warranty.

Should I stay clear or take a punt at that price, it's £1389 from a Panasonic dealer.
  12. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +667
    I've ordered a VT30 for picking up tomorrow. I already have a power lead in the wall for the plasma, how do you get round the power lead, can you attach new one?
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  13. micks_address

micks_address Active Member

Ratings:
    +166
    Just cut the leads and add wire joiners in between and tape up with electrical tape
  14. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +667
    I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

Is there a best settings thread for this model please :)
  15. rrfierce

rrfierce Active Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Just take the plate off the back and switch the leads. Cutting the wire is not needed!
  16. Wayne00

Wayne00 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm having lip sync issues with my panny blu ray, tv and onkyo amp set up. I'm trying to find the route of the problem, could it be the TV?Did I see a lip sync option somewhere could it be messing it all up?
  17. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Are you sending the audio from the TVs tuner(s) in to the amp, or do you have Sky or similar?

If you have lip sync issues with your bluray playback that has nothing to do with your TV. Both blu ray and amp will have their own lip sync controls to enable you to adjust this.
  18. Cadet

Cadet New Member

Ratings:
    +40
  19. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
  20. MrFurious

MrFurious Active Member

Ratings:
    +814
    That article is from 2nd of feb? i
  21. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4,224
    Sorry guys that old news, the artical originally said Panasonic finally issues fix now it says update as its not guarranteed to fix the problem.
    In the green tinge thread most owners are finding its not worked, introduced new problems and some rare cases of the update making the blobs harder to see.
    Not a 100% fix. :rolleyes:
  22. Simon Lill

Simon Lill Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Cheers for the info!
  23. Insanity202

Insanity202 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4,224
    Its a funny old thing though this green tinge mess. I had 2 55" VT30s and both were green splat free. :confused:
  24. Jazz Monkey Jr

Ratings:
    +667
    Just picked up my VT30 today, got it on the wall, not fun getting the power lead in with virtually no room and on my own :(
    I am just charging up the 3D glasses, I assum you can use normal PC USB or USB power plug (iphone one)
    Any tips, got it running it THX mode which I always used on the V10.

Not got a 3D blu-ray player yet, using PCH, I assume I can only play SBS 3D films, can I play them through USB or is it best to just play through PCH?

Thanks.
  25. kempstar

kempstar Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just picked up the 55VT30 with 5 year warranty for £1799 :)

Paid a bit extra to get it delivered tomorrow though. Now to buy a few 3D blur ays!

Does anyone here have the Logitech Harmony 1100 remote? I have a panasonic PZ50 tv, I'm hoping most of my activities will still work with the new tv, or will I need to set everything up again?
  26. kempstar

kempstar Member

Ratings:
    +2
    OK this just arrived. First impressions are... Its very small! It doesn't look any bigger than my previous tv, which was a 50 inch.

Watching films in 3D, the effect is nowhere near as pronounced as it was in the shop. I haven't seen any pop out at all, just a bit of depth. I wonder if I have this set up wrong?

Also, the screen is ridiculously dark. In 2d its just about watchable in normal mode, but in 3d it is so dark I can't really see much. I have to watch it in dynamic mode to be able to see it clearly. Does this sound right?

We live in a block of flats, and there is a shared sky dish here. If I plug the tv into the sat socket on the wall, will I get the freesat channels? Is it that easy? What cable do I need?

Thanks in advance
  27. kempstar

kempstar Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Also had one more question. How do I get the sound to play out of my amp when watching TV? There is already an HDMI cable going from the amp to the TV, it should be able to send a sound signal back via the same cable right?
  28. Wayne00

Wayne00 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Mines perfectly watchable during the day and that's on Normal with the contrast on zero which seems to make it even darker. I'm running mine in you see. You need to be v.careful using dynamic in the first 200 hours really mate so you don't get any issue with image retention.
  29. deblee

deblee Member

Ratings:
    +140
    make sure the cats option is turned off in the picture menu, think its switched on by default in Normal mode, Normal is one of the brighter presets
    On my ST30 Normal mode at 50% brightness and 75% contrast used for about 4 weeks now, no IR, nice sharp bright picture.........love it:smashin:
  30. hybridtheory

hybridtheory Active Member

Ratings:
    +387
    Hi

What video files can be played on the VT30?

Thanks

Baz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.