1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Vieira link - how useful?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by petet66, Sep 19, 2009.

1. petet66

petet66 Member

Ratings:
    +159
    My Panasonic plasma arrives next week (42" X10 - roll on Wednesday!) and I'm getting a Blu Ray player for Christmas.

My current Blu Ray player short list is:

Sony BDP 360
    Panasonic BD35/BD60

I prefer the look of the Sony and it has coaxial digital out for audio which is useful as I'm short of optical inputs. The Sony is also a bit cheaper :) However I can shuffle the audio inputs around if I need to and the BD35/60 will connect to my Panasonic plasma with the added beneit of Vieira link.

What is Vieira link and is it something worth having? I really do prefer the Sony but would go for a Panasonic if the connectivity with my TV is better.
  2. YellowSphere

YellowSphere Active Member

Ratings:
    +487
    Viera Link allows the television remote to control the player, and also turn it on when you want to watch it.

To be honest, I think Viera Link's benefits lie more in HTIBs and recorders than Blu-Ray players.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. jaymac

jaymac Member

Ratings:
    +144
    I have the 360 and the 37x10 What connectivity could be better with Viera .Assuming you have an AV amp with Hdmi you dont even connect directly to the Tv.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. petet66

petet66 Member

Ratings:
    +159
    Thanks to you both for your replies.

I agree that Vieira link is more useful for a dvd/hd recorder - my dad has one and the whole "pause live tv" thing works much better because of Vieira link but am reassured that I'm not missing out with a plain old Blu Ray. Roll on an Blu Christmas with my new Sony BDP 360! :)
  5. paulr2006

paulr2006 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,575
    I have the older Sony S350 which I rate & it works perfectly via the viera Link on my Panasonic TX P50V10 :)