Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TX-P42VT30B Best Settings

Discussion in 'TV Technology: Smart TV, 3D, Ultra HD, 4K' started by Ross-P, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Ross-P

Ross-P Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Forgive me if this has been covered but I can't find the thread anywhere !

I'm very happy with the TV but when watching 3D everything appears too dark is there a dedicated 3D setting regarding colour, contrast, etc.

Has anyone improved their picture with any settings ? the menu is a bit daunting as there's so much in there !

My standard picture is brilliant though, my main issue is with the 3D darkness issue.
  2. Ross-P

Ross-P Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I've found out the best way to deal with the darkness issue is to have the Dynamic setting with your settings for 3D set a bit brighter and use the normal mode for 2D TV.

A bit of a pain to keep switching between the two modes. You would have thought Panasonic would have had the brightness to automatically go up when switching to 3D mode.

The other issue is screen glare be prepared to shut the curtains if the angle you view at means you get glare from your windows light ( not an issue for me luckily ).

Other than these problems the picture quality on 2D and 3D is amazing. By far the best TV i've seen for picture. It blows the Sony's and other makes away for picture quality particularly in 2D
  3. jasonkruys

jasonkruys Member

Ratings:
    +69
    The brightness on my GT30 DOES visibly go up automatically when switching to 3D mode. I assume the better VT30 should do the same?