1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PANASONIC TX-P42V10E pictures ....

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Modelistis, May 22, 2009.

1. gamen

gamen Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi.

In the spanish forum forodvd, one user asked Panasonic about Cinematic Playback (USA) and Smooth Film (Europe). They answered when the input is 24p with Cinematic Playback plays to 96Hz while Smooth Film plays to 56 Hz.

Moreover, if you visit the website of Panasonic for V10 in USA (V series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic) and Europe (V series (Plasma) | PRODUCT | VIERA | PDP&LCD TV | Panasonic) the explanation for Cinematic Playback and Smooth Film is different.

Can someone confirm the European V10 plays 24p sources to 56?

Thanks.
  2. alsina

alsina Member

Ratings:
    +620
    Last year's V10 equivalent (PZ800) in Europe displayed 1080/24p sources at 96Hz unless 24p Real Cinema was switched on, when the tv then displayed at 60Hz with frame interpolation. The V10 also displays 24p sources at 96Hz. When 24p Smooth Film is switched on, the tv displays at either 60Hz or 100Hz, although I am still waiting for confirmation from Panasonic about this last point.

They definitely do not display at 56Hz.
  3. gamen

gamen Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks.

I am surprised, V10 uses 60Hz when Smooth Film is activated, I prefer it plays Blurays in 96. it is better, not?

Are those plasmas prone to burns? Sometimes I play to Killzone 2 (FPS) from 2 to 4 hours, I don't want to be worried by burning.

My other dude is the quality of the SD (Freesat, in Spain is TDT), I'll be to 2-2,2m of the tv, I'm afraid the quality be bad. I proved a Samsung B6000 and the quality of SD was good but I read with Panasonic the SD quality is other story.

Thanks.
  4. tvbox

tvbox Active Member

Ratings:
    +589
    Panasonics are quite resistant to Image retention or Screen burn, but take the occasional break (normal tv) or turn down the settings to prevent this from happening.:)
  5. rewerb

rewerb Member

Ratings:
    +661
    It does, just dont use IFC, it will then play back 24p at 96Hz.
  6. rewerb

rewerb Member

Ratings:
    +661
    96Hz, definitely.
  7. TeggDon

TeggDon Member

Ratings:
    +9
    KILLZONE 2 is very burn in friendly. worst case scenario. plus i am sure that v10 can handle the grain
    better in motion.
  8. chaosrealm

chaosrealm Member

Ratings:
    +21
    :confused: sorry what do you mean burn in friendly it does burn the V10 on KZ2 or not
  9. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie New Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    "Burn in friendly" means that the game has been designed to avoid burn-in happening. So, score counters, on-screen displays, etc., will not stay on the screen permanently.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. gamen

gamen Member

Ratings:
    +15

Thanks for the comment, I neither knew the meaning. :D

I want to make you a question, I apologize for the annoyances. In your opinion, which is the quality of the digital tuner integrated for SD (TDT, similar to freesat)? Does it shows a good quality?

I am very worried by this point of the tv because in your review you recommend an external decoder and I'll sit to 2,2 meters of distance.

Thanks.
  11. chaosrealm

chaosrealm Member

Ratings:
    +21
    thanks David.....you learn something new every day :thumbsup:
  12. onesolo

onesolo Member

Ratings:
    +2
  13. chaosrealm

chaosrealm Member

Ratings:
    +21
  14. TeggDon

TeggDon Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Sorry i was on my mobile.

Meant to say Kz2 isnt a worry for burn in. All the pixels have movement, lots of transparency and even the HUD dissapears in single player etc. Online has all round transparency and screens shift alot. So no worries.

There is a constant post processing grain movement designed for the game which washes out alot of detail on my LCD. Should be good going back to plasma! :D
  15. chaosrealm

chaosrealm Member

Ratings:
    +21
    cheers for that tegg i was not to sure what u meant :smashin::smashin:
  16. HenryHonda

HenryHonda Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Downloaded it... It's for the V10E - and in Spanish! Therefore, the spec and menu options (don't get me started on Advanced Picture menu!) will not match UK 'B' models :(
  17. ADDA35

ADDA35 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    some sd pictures on my 42v10

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Han_Shot_First

Han_Shot_First Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously considering getting a TX-P42V10E and I have a few questions :

1) Is it worthy the extra bucks compared to the G10's ?
    2) Shoul I really worry about flickering ?
    3) Shoud I really worry about phosphor lag on console gaming ?
    4) Are those Panasonic plasmas the best after the unbeatable Pioneer's Kuros ? What about LG ? Samsung ? Others ?
    5) Are the SD sources' upscalling that average ?
    6) Should I get this telly if I have the bucks ? Is it worth it ?
    7) Could the Panasonic V-10 owners rate their tv on a scale of 10 ?

Thx in advance for all your enlighted answers.
  19. gugie

gugie Member

Ratings:
    +0
  20. ScoobyTV

ScoobyTV Member

Ratings:
    +15
    1. That's subjective. There's not a lot in them, same panel. It depends whether the differences are worth it to you. Personally, I wanted a thin(ner) panel and THX.

2) If you're sensitive to it, YES, definitely. I find the V10 flickers compared to a PZ85, if you've seen one.

3) Nope, not in my opinion, though you may notice a general afterglow affecting dark scenes if your ambient light is low.

4) I won't enter that debate. IMO Panasonic make the best plasmas but then I didn't feel a Pioneer was worth the extra.

5) With a Freesat signal, I find SD quality to be very good, but then I'm comparing to my previous picture which was from a terrestrial aerial. I don't notice any blockiness to betray the lower resolution. I think it handles it well.

6) If you're not sensitive to flicker, yes. If you are, try one out first and see what you think. If you're not sure if you are, try one out!

7) 9/10.
  21. mudstuff

mudstuff Active Member

Ratings:
    +355
    Hi, just wanted to bump this. I have recently bought the 50" and find I'm slightly underwhelmed with the black levels, maybe I was expecting too much. The contrast and shadow detail is good and when there's a fairly bright scene, your eyes make the black bars merge with the black bezel of the V10 but I find in a dark room I can see the black bars quite visibly and they stand out from the black bezel - In the last picture above for example, I can clearly see the difference between the letterbox bar at the top and the bezel and this is only more apparent in lower light.

Am I being unrealistic? It's just the blacks don't look that much better than my LCD in this regard (though the TV is better in every other dept). I appreciate that when the tv is off, the panel is a dark grey so I guess it can't get darker than that and it's down to perception?
  22. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie New Member

Ratings:
    +1,459
    1) Yes. The extra accuracy improves the realism and depth of the picture.
    2) No, but go and see one first.
    3) Somewhat, it is an issue on some games with some people. Again, try to see one first. Personally, it annoys me much less than LCD TV blur.
    4) Yes, overall, they are the best PDPs second only to the Kuros.
    5) Yes.
    6) Yes.
    7) I'm not an owner, just a reviewer, and I already rated it :)

mudstuff: what you describe about black level: it sounds like your eyes are simply adjusting to the room lighting. Even the Pioneer Kuros don't look jet black on an all-black screen in a dark room because of this.
  23. tele1962

tele1962 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,955
    Some times some ambient light behind the screen helps with percieved contrast/black levels.:)

Got mine from here:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TWIN-12-STRIP...X&its=C%2BS&itu=SI%2BUA%2BLM%2BLA&otn=5&ps=63
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  24. mudstuff

mudstuff Active Member

Ratings:
    +355
    Thanks David and tele1962, I may have to investigate the ikea dioder mod a lot of people do.Can't say I'm a fan of that though so I'll likely get used to it. I'll just have to get a projector sooner rather than later as then there'll be no black frame :D
  25. Romero

Romero Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Lads, don't know if many of you have the E version of the V10's I have an issue with the teletext, I selected english and E-EU during set up, and it worked fined but the teletext has lines of eeeeeeeeeeee under titles, I take it it's because I set it up using E-EU and it's looking for another language teletext, and recommendations on what country to select to get rid of this (Ireland and UK are not on the options)
  26. Romero

Romero Member

Ratings:
    +50
    It's ok I sorted the issue, if you hit the options button on the remote, it will bring up the teletext option that allowed me to select Western style teletext so all sorted now :)
  27. Neoklis

Neoklis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

i am an owner of a TX-P42V10E and i can say i am very pleased with my TV.

Although i have couple of questions if anybody can help me.

1. It plays Divx through the network from my PC but i didn't manage to play a divx movie with subtitles. Did anyone manage to play a Divx movie with subtitles? i manage to do this with embeded subs but it takes 2-3 hours to embed the subs on the movie. (I tried both movie file and srt with the same name and it didn't work)

2. is their a way to check online if there is an update firmware version for the TV? ( I want to check if there is an update version to fix the Divx issue)