Panasonic TX-L32E30B / L37E30B / L42E30B Owners Thread

Hello
I am trying to source a 32" version for my elderly parents. Thought I had found one at Direct tv on the website for £430 and asked JL to price check, however just gone back on website and it seems to have disappeared and there is only the 3b not the 30b, which has the different refresh rate and no internet access so I am still shopping around

I have a couple of queries

What happens to the Panasonic 5 yr warranty if the shop goes bust
If I went for the 3B how would I get viera connect ?
Is it worth the extra £80 for the 30b

Thanks

As regards the 5yr warranty, you'll need to get a stamp or signature on the warranty to show you've been to the store and been shown a demo, or the warranty will be in valid. Direct TV £430 + 5yr warranty possible if you go to the store. 30b gets you viera, but get the Netgear Doggle ~£30.
Hope this helps:)

Hi, Can anyone suggest how I can get my TX-L32E30B as a PC monitor?
When I plug the VGA cable into my laptop and adjust to 1920x1080 resolution nothing happens, I've tried pressing function F8 to move to the LCD other monitor. I think it could be that my laptop is too old (Dell Inspiron 1520 bought Jan 2008). The manual suggests Vertical and Horizontal frequencies on p98, the TV just shows 0Hz in red for both V and H freq. Cheers:(

It only accepts 1920x1080 through the HDMI input. IIRC the maximum 16:9 ratio signal it accepts through VGA is 1366x768 which of course won't give you 1:1 pixel mapping. I tried exactly what you have done and had the same problem. It does tell you in the manual though.

It only accepts 1920x1080 through the HDMI input. IIRC the maximum 16:9 ratio signal it accepts through VGA is 1366x768 which of course won't give you 1:1 pixel mapping. I tried exactly what you have done and had the same problem. It does tell you in the manual though.

Thanks for the heads up! I've just been looking up vga to hdmi converters for HDTV, prices range from £30 to £250, depending on quality. Warranties on ebay range from 3 months to 3 yrs for the £30 ones, so I might just go for one with a longer warranty and see if it'll work. Cheers :D

I am a bit torn between the ST30 plasma, and the E30 LED

I will mostly use it for PS3/360 gaming, will 100hz actualy make that much difference compared to my old 50hz 32" tosh?
or will i need a 600hz plasma to see the difference

Also can someone confirm that the L42E31B that comet stock is the same as the L42E30B

I will mostly use it for PS3/360 gaming, will 100hz actualy make that much difference compared to my old 50hz 32" tosh?

Also can someone confirm that the L42E31B that comet stock is the same as the L42E30B

1. I had the st30, too much fan noise for me. HD picture was also a bit soft. I'm considering this E30 too.

2. In my opinion, no. You won't notice any difference. Even with the st30 I didn't notice any difference over my old 50hz Panasonic. Hz figures are a bit of a con IMO, it's all tricks the tv does using software, not like the old CRT hz.

3. I'm certain the E31B is the same as the E30B. I can only imagine they do this to stop people comparing?

I believe its a cosmetic difference, ie a special for said store/chain.

600hz is different on a plasma to 100/50hz on an lcd. 600hz for the plasma is sub-field drive and how the plasma puts the image on screen, 100hz lcd is frame interpolation and helps to aid the inherent pixel response weakness of lcd tech.

Aaron

i purchased the 42E31B from comet yesterday, and so far i couldnt be happier.

I tried a starwars dvd first of all and from the sofa it looked like bluray quality, i then tried avatar on bluray and was blown away, the picture quality and motion handling are night and day compared to my old toshiba (which i always thought was a good tv).

going to put it through its paces tonight with some HD gaming

Thanks for the replies. I have now purchased a tx-l32e30b from JL after price match for £430 and also a Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter - WNDA3100v2 refurbed for £17.99

Hi guys,

New to this forum, but had to join as it has a good thread regarding the above TV i purchased at the beginning of this month.

I have read through most of this thread and can see where people are coming from with regards to this TV, as I still cannot seem to get the settings I desire to get a good picture.

I have been through Dynamic (awful!!) Normal, Cinema and True Cinema and the best i think is Cinema option as True cinema makes the picture very yellow imo.

I have turned off Cats, vivid colour, PNR, set the other option to normal rather than cool or warm, and finally on the advanced settings I have turned off IFC and resolution enhancer, left cinema 16:9 and overscan as on.

Contrast is roughly at halfway, along with colour, brightness while sharpness is about only 35%.

I have set these while watching a ggod source such as BBC 1HD and the picture is good, however on SD channels it is ok on bbc 1 & 2, but then gets worse on itv 1 Ch4 and ch5 which is very bad, other ones such as itv 2 get even worse.

I understand that the signal for BBC 1 & 2 is better but seeing a different picture every time you change channels is annoying!!!!

As someone else mentioned it seems as though one day the picture is better than other days!!!

The picture seems very blocky and peoples faces are not clear sometimes, I have no clouds or LED bleeding but am gettign frustrated as I cannot get an ideal picture.

Now I have also noticed that my signal for HD programmes is poor due to my aerial being in the loft, signal quality is about 50% but strength is about 10%!!!!! (it cuts out sometimes also).

Putting in a new aerial is costly so I was wondering whether this would improve the picture?

Let me know if anyone else has similiar settings.

Many thanks for your help in advance....

The only thing I don't like about this TV is that I can't see to completely switch off the internal speakers :mad:

I thinking of getting a sound bar or other 2.1 system. Either the Sharp or the Panasonic. The former having only analogue audio connections (phono/3.5mm), the latter also having a 'digital' one.

The problem is that if I plug the Sharp into the audio outs then the "volume" control on the remote will change the volume on the 2.1 but also on the internal speakers; rendering the 2.1 pointless. I could use the 'headphone' socket but then I'd have to go through the menu to change the volume every time, rather than being able to use the buttons on the remote :(

(I have an old 2.1 system in place to test!)

If I get something that uses either the "digital" sound connection or the ARC system, can I then just turn the volume down on the internal speakers completely and use that?

Help, and thanks!

Thanks to those people that gave me advice I have ordered the 32" version from JL for £430 (inc 5 yr JL warranty) together with a refurb netgear 3100v2. from trustedgoods on ebay, to connect to a thomson wireless modem provided by plusnet.

thanks again

If I get something that uses either the "digital" sound connection or the ARC system, can I then just turn the volume down on the internal speakers completely and use that?

Help, and thanks!

With our Panasonic TV, connecting it to a Panasonic Soundbar using ARC caused the TV speakers to automatically mute and the vol. up and down controls to control the soundbar.

I found the Panasonic Soundbar to be too shrill, though, so sadly I sent it back.

With our Panasonic TV, connecting it to a Panasonic Soundbar using ARC caused the TV speakers to automatically mute and the vol. up and down controls to control the soundbar.
Yes. So I discovered in the local Panny store the other day :)

I found the Panasonic Soundbar to be too shrill, though, so sadly I sent it back.
This one sounded fine to me; but then I'm not too fussy. (Not saying you are, btw! Just a general "not an audio-phile" comment ;))

Just browsing this forum again to see if there is a new firmware update for the TX-L37E30B, currently I'm using 1218 - is that the latest? Thanks. :)

I have a message saying new channels have been found. I've looked at the Viera market but nothing new of interest there. I wish they would get Lovefilm, 4OD, etc on there so I don't have to use the Xbox.

Just before Christmas I bought a handful of HMDI cable for my new AV kit (TV, Tivo and DVD Recorder.) I also bought a Bluray player. So far, so good.

This week I decided to go for a nice Panny 2.1 system (which included a BD player of course) to complement my TV.

It arrived today so I set it up okay but can't hear any audio through the ARC connection. So the only thing it could be was the cables; and it it :(

Apparently, ARC requires HDMI v1.4. The cables I bought? v1.3d :mad: :facepalm::rolleyes::suicide:

So here's my question. Can I make do with just the one v1.4 HDMI cable for the ARC connection and still use the others for everything else? Or do they all need to be v1.4 for the sound to be carried through the TV to the BTT-262? (I'll bet it's the latter :rolleyes::D)

Thanks.

Last edited:
This problem only started when I got this unit. It's not brand new but a 'refurbished' model; bought from a company on ebay who are supposedly 'authorised dealers' of Panny kit.

What could be causing this?

Notes:
- This is with the unit turned off.
- I have two other of the same type of HDMI lead and do not have the same problem with them on their connections.
(- Obviously there's some 'flicker' by virtue of my trying to record output from the TV ;) That's not the problem!)
(Hope it's not faulty :()

Thanks.

ETA:
Just had a thought. It's not noise from a 'bent' HDMI cable is it? (ie I could probably use one with a 90 deg socket on it. (If you see what I mean!)

Last edited:
Guys, is the Comet version of this TV (L42E31B), the same as L42E30B? The 42" is only available for astronomical amounts and with the Phosphor lag im getting on the Plasma I may got for the LED after all.

This problem only started when I got this unit. It's not brand new but a 'refurbished' model; bought from a company on ebay who are supposedly 'authorised dealers' of Panny kit.

What could be causing this?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Notes:
- This is with the unit turned off.
- I have two other of the same type of HDMI lead and do not have the same problem with them on their connections.
(- Obviously there's some 'flicker' by virtue of my trying to record output from the TV ;) That's not the problem!)
(Hope it's not faulty :()

Thanks.

ETA:
Just had a thought. It's not noise from a 'bent' HDMI cable is it? (ie I could probably use one with a 90 deg socket on it. (If you see what I mean!)

UPDATE:

The new v1.4 HDMI lead did the trick for the ARC but I'm still having "snow" issues.

I have been doing a little more investigating and have concluded that the problem only comes when the system changes to 1080p/60hz mode.

I have had a look at both instruction manuals and can't see any mention of 1080p/60hz mode and/or how to change it to something else. (ie it's fine playing DVDs at 50hz.)

If anyone has any knowledge in this area and have any suggestions then I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks for pointing it out :) Although Im still wary as I read one review which claimed they believe the E31B is a comet special of an earlier iteration (E3B?). When I saw the E31B in Comet it looked very cloudy indeed.

Thanks for pointing it out :) Although Im still wary as I read one review which claimed they believe the E31B is a comet special of an earlier iteration (E3B?). When I saw the E31B in Comet it looked very cloudy indeed.

No worries.

Which review was that? From my understanding its an E30 Comet special with a slight design difference although i haven't researched that heavily as i wouldn't consider buying from Comet myself.

Aaron

I have searched the internet ("1080p 60hz snow") and found that a lot of people seem to have been having the same problem for years. The solution seems to be to specifically set the BTT262 to 1080i mode; which will stop it selecting 1080p mode automatically. Result: No more "snow" :D

My only question now is..... why? :confused: Would getting a 'decent' (ie more expensive) HDMI cable sort out the problem and allow me to use 1080p again?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom