Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH42PZ81 colour swap ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by next010, Feb 25, 2009.

1. next010

next010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,800
    I have acquired a Panasonic TH42PZ81 and am quite pleased with it but one small gremlin in the works is bugging me.

The TV is plugged into a Sony RHT-G900 [all in one stand/sound system] which has a PS3 and Xbox 360 plugged into it & everything is connected via HDMI.

Occasionally when I switch to HDMI1 which is the channel the stand is on & power on the PS3 or Xbox the colours of red and blue are swapped.

Simply turning either console off then on again solves it but I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this and knows of a solution ?
  2. Rossimac

Rossimac Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey,

I've got the same problem with my RHT-G900/RHT-G800/RHT-G500 and all three have the same problem connecting to my Panasonic TX-L37G10 and PS3 or Xbox 360.

The colours are often inverted on the red/blue channels and it requires a restart of the either the console or the amp.

Surprisingly, it never occurs when using my Sky+HD box.

Does anyone have any ideas, or could there be a possible fix? I have an extended warranty (Whatever Happens) with Currys and I guess they could do something if there is a fix to be had!

Many thanks,
    Rossimac.
  3. next010

next010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,800
    Blast from the past, I never did find a solution to this, it's something to do with Panasonic alright as I have since used a Philips and Samsung TV with the same sound system and they are all fine.

What you could try are HDMI output splitters which handle the hand shaking so they act sort of like a buffer between the two devices, I used one for Philips when it had dodgy HDMI hand shaking and it worked.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Rossimac

Rossimac Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, I decided I'd resurrect this thread as you're about the only other person who has the same setup/problem as me! Quite annoying. I guess I'll just have to live with power cycling the Sony speaker!