1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-42PX60 - No DVB Service Found

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cev478, Oct 3, 2008.

1. cev478

cev478 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a TH-42PX60 for nearly 2 years and am very pleased with it.
    We normally view TV via a Sky box connected with a SCART lead. Occasionally we look at French TV (we are in France) in DVB/Analogue mode using an outside aerial connected to the aerial socket on the back of the TV. This has been working fine in both DVB and Analogue modes until recently.
    Now in DVB mode I get the message 'No DVB Service Found' and 'Please check aerial or local DVB Service availability' and setup cannot locate any channels.
    In Analogue mode there are 4 or 5 channels there, but they are very 'fuzzy' in sound and picture.
    If I pull the aerial out completely in DVB mode the above message is displayed and in analogue mode there is just black and white 'noise' as you would expect.
    If I plug the aerial into another (analogue) TV, the channels and pictures are fine. I have been on the roof and checked the aerial/cable.
    This may be the result of a thunder storm, we had a large one recently which knocked out my PC router.
    If it had 'killed' the aerial input on the TV I would not expect any picture at all in Analogue mode.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
  2. bonners1

bonners1 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    hi i have exact same issue with my px60,same message, did you find a solution??
  3. yorkie

yorkie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same with my 42. Any soloutions as yet :lease:
  4. CARTER984

CARTER984 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    As regaurds to the first post it sounds asthough its your signal problem not the tv as both anolog and DVB are effected. (storm might have damaged a amp/booster).

you can do a self check to check to see if the DG pcb is faulty.

press the "F" button on the front of the tv then press the "VOL -" and hold then press the "I" button on the remote.

you should see self check in the top left hand corner. then some writing should appear. on the left hand side is the names of the pcbs and if they are working correctly next to them it should say "OK" if it doesnt and theres red writing its a fault.

turn the tv off on the front, then back on it will now do a retune and sometimes cures little problems like that.

if its still the same or it came up red in the self check the pcb needs replacing.
  5. yorkie

yorkie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for info,did the self check,all came up ok.Problem still exists,will get an engineer to it.