Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TH-37PW5 and TU-PT600 colour problem

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sharkys, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Sharkys

Sharkys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic TH-37PW5 and TU-PT600 colour problem

Hello,
    the green seems to have disappeared from the picture of my Panasonic display! meaning the red and blue colours are overbearing. I connect using a TU-PT600 tuner box. The display is OK because when I connect the PC to the display the picture is fine. Initially I thought the problem was the Tuner terminal board but I bought a new one and the picture was still wrong. I have also bought a new cable and this hasn't made a difference. I can only guess that the problem is either the tuner box or inside the Display.

Has anyone got a clue what the problem is ?

Any help would be appreciated
  2. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    im surpised you have lasted this long with the tuner box, its shocking.

if its working ok with the VGA to your computer then it seems the panel is ok, which is a good thing.

not sure how much a new tuner box would be, but if your using scart to connect your sky or cable box you would be better off either sourcing a scart input board or what i use which is the JS RGB > VGA convertor.

i could not believe the difference when i went from the tuner box to the JS box.

i hope you get it sorted matey :thumbsup:

Dal
  3. zadar

zadar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i just saw your old post and realised that you have the same plasma and the box as me,TH-37PW5/PUPT600. i have got the plasma but haven't got the lead that connects tuner in to the box, please could you help me if you know where i can obtain one, tried everywhere, if you have a spare i would buy it, please help, thanks

Hello,
    the green seems to have disappeared from the picture of my Panasonic display! meaning the red and blue colours are overbearing. I connect using a TU-PT600 tuner box. The display is OK because when I connect the PC to the display the picture is fine. Initially I thought the problem was the Tuner terminal board but I bought a new one and the picture was still wrong. I have also bought a new cable and this hasn't made a difference. I can only guess that the problem is either the tuner box or inside the Display.

Has anyone got a clue what the problem is ?

Any help would be appreciated[/QUOTE]
  4. zadar

zadar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just saw your old add and realised that you have the same plasma and the box as me.i have a huge problem in finding the cable that connects the plasma to the box,tuner in.please can you help me if you know where i can obtain one, i have tried everywhere but no luck, if you have a spare one i would like it to buy it.please help.bought the plasma on ebay without the cable. (TH-37PW5/PUPT600):):lease:
  5. maci234

maci234 Member

Ratings:
    +0

where did you buy the cable from as cannot get hold of one the display out cable from the tu pt 600 to the monitor tuner help please
  6. curlydog

curlydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is a really old post - but I have just developed the exact same problem - did you ever find a solution? My screen is also fine on VGA but purple from the tuner box.
    Thanks
    curlydog:lease:
  7. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    CD - out of interest why do you use the tuner box? As these really do hold back the picture quality and for a few quid maybe be able to use a JS box depending on what you use the tuner for.
  8. curlydog

curlydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that there is no analogue TV available I guess there's less need for it. But what it does is accept up to four AV inputs and outputs it via a 26 pin D Sub connector to the screen. Also it gives me stereo output of sound to my amp.
    Is there a way of achieving this without the tuner?
    I'm assuming I'd have to find another type of input card for the screen..eg Scart or find some device that would combine into the VGA?

Is that what you where thinking?
  9. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    You using sky or a freeview box as the tuner ?
  10. curlydog

curlydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed - Sky+ or Freeview acts as the tuner, but has scart only out.
    Cd
  11. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    In which case have a look for a JS RGB > VGA convertor in the classifieds.

I ran this setup for years and the JS performs so much better than the media box - picture quality was outstanding.

Edit - http://www.js-technology.com/store/product.php?id_product=15

They go for peanuts on this forum now
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. curlydog

curlydog Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks w3dal. That looks like just the thing to sort it.
  13. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    Pleasure fella :thumbsup:

Will give the screen a new lease of life, let us know how you get on :devil:

Dal
  14. ngah

ngah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for reviving the post, I have a problem here on the same device, the TU-PT600
    I have Panasonic TV TH-50PHW5, recently the sound broke down every time the TV is turned on after several minutes. I was informed that the TV Receiver TU-PT600 went bad especially the Block Processor (DG Board) TUCC 5778 TNA. How to fix or get parts of the Receiver or Block Processor, or get a compatible TV Receiver. Please help. Thank you.

:lease:
  15. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    a solution is in my posts above
  16. ngah

ngah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    which one @w3dal? thank you :D
  17. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    forget the media box and order a JS box instead - connect that to a freeview box and your screen will come to life. the media box was terrible TBH
  18. ngah

ngah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry pal, but the problem I have here is in the sound, does it solved with the same solution here? thank you :D
  19. w3dal

w3dal Active Member

Ratings:
    +346
    well the media box is probably knackered so you need another way of getting a signal to the screen - the JS box will do this and improve the picture quality to boot.
  20. ngah

ngah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, where can I buy the JS box, my friend? :D

for a profounder information
    The problem I have here is :
    firstly the screen showed a great picture and a bad sound (and worsen every second), after a while, the picture suddenly disappeared along with the sound so I turned it off. After several minutes I turned the TV on and the picture showed up again and the sound is still bad.

Can it be solved using the JS box too? :thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013