1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic Receiver Cable Extension

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Yid219, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Yid219

Yid219 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I Have had my Pan TH42PW6 plasma always connected to the Pan TUPT600B receiver and now have to move the plasma without taking all the cables out of the wall. What I am looking for is a cable extension which will connect to the display cable supplied with the receiver. The cable has a 26 pin connection on it and I only need to extend it by about 2 metres max but can't seem to find one anywhere.

i would really appreciate any help with this as apart from knowing it has 26 pins and conects my receiver to my plasma, I don't really know anything about this type of cnnection cable or if it has any specific name !!!!!

The only info on the cable in the manual states it's a D-Sub 26 pin.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Craig K

Craig K Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you have any luck with this?

I have now got the subD 26 pin connections and sourced a 50 wire cable.

Just now wondering whether to proceed - whether it will work or not?

Many thanks
    Craig
  3. tbb

tbb Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i see your post is from awhile ago, but did you have any luck? i am having the exact same issue.
  4. Craig K

Craig K Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did, and it worked!!

I bought the cable from a local retailer and sourced the plugs from a manufacturing company called xxxxx (actually on reflection I better not publicise). I feel bad dropping their name on here since they really only deal with large orders (like 1,000 at a time!). They did it as a once off for me.

It worked second time round for me because I was having a not so bright moment and forgot that the soldering joints needed to be a mirror image of each other :suicide:

MH connectors didn't give me the name of someone they supply with this particular plug.

You can buy a ready made cable from Panasonic, but they charge something like £100 for a 15 meter extension - and I needed 20 meters.

Good luck!