Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic LED D25 Audio Out Sync\Drift Problem?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by jwb9000, Aug 27, 2010.

1. jwb9000

jwb9000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic L42D25, Panasonic BT230 home cinema system and SKY HD.

If I connect SKY HD to the TV then route the sound via optical out or ARC on the TV to my BT 230 the sound drifts out of sync. If I change the sound input or reboot the BT230 it re-syncs but then slowly drifts out again.

After about an hour the sound can be 0.5 seconds behind the picture. Setting audio delay makes no difference as the sound is behind the picture, so it actually makes it worse.

Sound is in sync when routed through the TV speakers and also when coming from a DVD\Blu Ray playing on the BT230

I have solved this problem by connecting sky directly to the BT230, however there are two other people on the Amazon forums having the same problem with the D25 range of TVs.

The sound is clearly getting delayed with the TV. Does anyone else have this issue - I think it may be a design problem on the D25 range of TVs?
  2. Ikki

Ikki Member

Ratings:
    +100
    I would always feed the sound directly from the source to the home cinema amp anyway. Why introduce another possible delay inducing factor by unnecessarily routing the sound through the TV?
  3. jwb9000

jwb9000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was initially set up by my AV installer like that. I would have connected everything directly to the amp, which is what I'm doing now.

Surely any delay caused by the TV should be consistent? The delay caused by this TV actually increases the longer you use it, rendering the Optical out and ARC connections useless. This can't be acceptable on a TV costing nearly £1k?

As i'm not the only person with this issue surely that is indicative of a design\component issue?
  4. ianmacaulay

ianmacaulay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have just bought exactly the same combination of TX-L42D25B and SC-BT230, and have exactly the same problem. I use the HDMI2 ARC port on the TV to connect to the sound system, because this means that whatever input source is selected on the TV (I have three video recorders!) is automatically switched through to the sound system. But at the moment it is unwatchable due to the delayed audio, which does seem to get worse over time. If I bypass the TV and connect one of the video recorders directly to the sound system everything is fine, but of course I don't want to have to unplug/replug each video each time I swap from one to another. I have emailed Panasonic so I am hoping that they will provide an answer, and also plan to ask the retailer for help.

However if anyone knows how to get around this please let me know.

Otherwise the TV and soundsystem and excellent all round.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1