Panasonic HDC-TM300 25p or 50i

zZee

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have the Panasonic HDC-TM300, pal system and love it, but i have a doubt about the frame rate. Either i record in digital cinema mode on or off, the mts file always have 25p. I mean, it should be 50i with digital cinema off. Am I wrong? See image below. Thanks

Attachments

• 25fps.jpg
    25fps.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hi

Hi. I have the Panasonic HDC-TM300, pal system and love it, but i have a doubt about the frame rate. Either i record in digital cinema mode on or off, the mts file always have 25p. I mean, it should be 50i with digital cinema off. Am I wrong? See image below. Thanks

Regardless of which mode you use the output is exactly the same, 50i. Sometimes this still gets reported as 25fps. You could download MediaInfo (windows) and that should report more information.

The 25p mode on Panasonic's is still 50i, it is known as PsF (Progressive segmented Frame). Basically it is 25 progressive frames per second but packaged as 50i for ease. When you play it back on a progressive TV it becomes de-interlaced to 25p.

Regards

Phil

No I see, regardless be in 50i or 25p is 25fps, i thought that 50i was 50fps. Thanks for the info!

All the cams /dslrs i have used 25P has been 25P progressive and 50i thats 50i interlaced,i prefer 25P to interlaced.The TM 300 must do things differently.

Hi

All the cams /dslrs i have used 25P has been 25P progressive and 50i thats 50i interlaced,i prefer 25P to interlaced.The TM 300 must do things differently.

A lot of camcorders record 25 progressive frames a second inside a 50i wrapper, this is called PsF or progressive segmented frame.

It is still 25 progressive frames when viewed on a progressive display.

Regards

Phil

Ok. Now make sense. I was thinking that 50i was 50fps and that made me confuse! Thank you for explanation!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom