1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic GT50 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by El1te, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDR82

JDR82 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I have the opposite worry, sitting here in my living room thinking maybe the 50" is going to be too big, probably just because I have had this 40" tv for far too long, will find out on Thursday anyway.

I have promised the other half that if she absoloutely hates it that we will return it..... :rolleyes:
  2. El1te

El1te Member

Ratings:
    +208
    Only the VT50 has fans mate, the ST/GT have none :)
  3. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +148
    tv's only look big for about a week,then you start thinking "hmmm,i wonder if i should have bought a bigger set".when i made the jump from 37" to 46" i first thought god the tv is massive.

but now i think 46 is too small,so my next set is gonna be a 55" and even now i think that i should go bigger.

when i look at the 64" Samsung and 65" Panasonic i don't think they are that big.
  4. Ricky27

Ricky27 Member

Ratings:
    +142
    correct ;)
  5. oliverreed

oliverreed Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Paul Taylors, my parents and a colleague purchased some Panny's off them years ago, good all-round service tbh.

I'm watching their site to see when they have stock of all three.
  6. El1te

El1te Member

Ratings:
    +208
    50GT50 now available online @ JL
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. mikej

mikej Member

Ratings:
    +100
    Ah - I stand corrected !

That's a major plus point for the GT50 over the VT50 then, IMO. While the fans on my GT30 aren't too noisy, you can hear them occasionally during quiet scenes so I'd rather not have them, given the choice.
  8. bob mushroom

bob mushroom Member

Ratings:
    +15
    well I have decided the 50" to small gone to another make- shame as I believe this is the best value tv out there....
  9. Raidevita

Raidevita Member

Ratings:
    +47
    I'm exactly in the same boat. I have a 40" Sony LCD in the corner next to the bloody fireplace which has been a hindrance for years. I'm worried about the 50" looking too big so I've also promised my missis that we will return it if it looks stupid. Someone mentioned an app that you can use to see how it will look. Anybody??
  10. fluxo

fluxo Active Member

Ratings:
    +471
    It's the "Panasonic VIERA AR Setup Simulator".
  11. dannywooly

dannywooly Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Funny same boat, just ordered the 50GT50 being delivered on Thursday can't wait, replacing Sony Bravia 40" which has been an awesome set, was going to go for the 55" Samsung D8000 but to expensive and massive.

Will post findings when it arrives, I have MotorStorm Apocalypse, Ocean Wonderland and Close to the edge sitting here on my desk ready to put it through it's paces over the easter bank holiday! Awesome

Managed to get it for £1399 with 2 glasses, 5 YW obviously and free delivery, Buy Now pay 12 months no interest from local retailer.

:thumbsup:
  12. jimmya200

jimmya200 Member

Ratings:
    +165
    Close to the edge is quality. Guy Martin is a nutter. Sorry OT.
  13. ilikehd

ilikehd Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Exactly! I couldn't agree more. I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma S20B and when I saw a 50" ST30B at my friend's place I thought its too big. Then after a couple of visits to his home I felt even that was small. Now I am planning on buying a new tv and need to decide between 50GT50B or 50VT50B or 55VT50B. Its unfortunate that Panny has decided not to do 55" version in GT models this year :(
  14. dannywooly

dannywooly Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Couldn't agree more, if they had I would have paid the extra £400 or so for it, so they lost out there, hope the guy that decided that got fired!
  15. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +148
    yeah its annoying as i would have got the 55" gt50 and put the saving i would have got towards a pro calibration.

guess most people would have opted for the 55 gt over the Vt so i think Panasonic wanted to have a difference between them on the larger sets so people spend more.
  16. ilikehd

ilikehd Member

Ratings:
    +15
    If it is really worth that extra money then I wouldn't mind paying up for a 55" VT. Waiting eagerly for the 50GT50B review now. :)
  17. bighfishing

bighfishing Member

Ratings:
    +157
    totally agree thats why i thought i best mention it. i will only be looking at buying the ST or GT this year as i would never buy a plasma with fans again. for anyone contemplating whether to get the GT or VT, knowing about the fans could help them decide, personally i think it should be listed in the manufacturers specifications.
  18. deon444

deon444 Member

Ratings:
    +148
    had a 50" Vt30 last year and i could not hear the fans unless i put my ear at the back like an idiot.so quite happy to get a vt50 this year
  19. jimmya200

jimmya200 Member

Ratings:
    +165
    +1
  20. Raidevita

Raidevita Member

Ratings:
    +47
    Printers not working at the minute. Any other apps available? Plus, that app looks a bit confusing. Anyone used it??
  21. bighfishing

bighfishing Member

Ratings:
    +157
    you are one of the lucky ones, anyone who lives in a quiet environment and has good hearing will easily here the fans, and it is very annoying it can totally ruin the viewing experience as may people have mentioned on these forums. unfortunately fans have to make noise to move the air, so the sooner they are removed from all plasmas the better. i think the VT will be the only new plasma on sale in the whole uk with cooling fans. i know the samsung's didn't have them last year so doubt the new models will have them this year and i don't think the LG's have them either. so it looks like the VT is the odd one out, I'm quite glad really because i probably couldn't afford one anyway.
  22. mancs

mancs New Member

Ratings:
    +169
    no fan?
  23. mancs

mancs New Member

Ratings:
    +169
    guess plasma's are like society in general, regressed , not progressed lol.
  24. JDR82

JDR82 Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Ok so going to grab a pair of 3D glasses for this set arriving, anyone know which pair I need is it the:

TY-ER3D4ME

or

TY-EW3D4MA

Cheers in advance.
  25. bighfishing

bighfishing Member

Ratings:
    +157
    sorry don't know what you mean by this.
  26. mancs

mancs New Member

Ratings:
    +169
    or what i was pushing at , is that a old plasma like mine did not need a fan , yet today most models have fans.. doesn't make sense really.
    you would think it would be the other way round.
  27. mancs

mancs New Member

Ratings:
    +169
    surely a loud fan noise is a no buy situation? i wouldn't like a loud fan on a set, it's bad enough living with fan noise from my ps3! crap, put another fan as loud as my ps3 one , it would deafen me, and , i wouldn't be able to enjoy my av system.
  28. bighfishing

bighfishing Member

Ratings:
    +157
    yes you would think it would be the other way round. panasonic did start doing away with fans a few years ago, the hd ready sets lost them from 2007 onwards and haven't returned and the some of the full hd sets the g20 and gt20 lost them in 2010, but then the fans made a return in the 2011 models and i think the reason was because they became a lot thinner that year, so there was a lot less room for ventilation.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  29. mancs

mancs New Member

Ratings:
    +169
    over substance.:thumbsdow
  30. bighfishing

bighfishing Member

Ratings:
    +157
    i always try and buy the quietest gear possible, imagine having a PS3, an xbox, a sky hd box and a plasma with fans all at the same time, it would ruin anyones enjoyment.

unless you have noisy kids of course.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.