Panasonic GT30 Owners Thread Part 5

Does anyone know how to get into the Service Menu on the GT30? I got a full screen replacement over two weeks ago and have been running in default THX mode since. I was wanted to check how much time I've put into the thing now as I'd like to go back to using different settings.

chrisgulliford said:
Hello just taken delivery of a 46" gt30 and was over the moon until tonight. It appears it has developed a fault. On the screen there is a vertical red line which runs continuously from top to bottom about 10" from the left hand side. Anyone else seen or heard of this problem?

Thanks

Seems a few have had this. Think a trip back to the shop or a call to Panasonic in order for that.

Hi all,

Well, I took the plunge last week and bought a 46" GT30 at £699. I had a PV500 37" for 7 years so I was due an upgrade. Was very wary of buying it after reading this thread but at £699 I thought it was a reasonable punt.

Must say, in the 2 days I've had it I have been very, very impressed. HD is stunning, the XBOX 360 images look vibrant and overall I am very happy. The sounds is average compared to the PV500 but was made better by tweaking the sound equaliser little.

Fingers crossed I don't see some of the problems mentioned on the forums here. It really is a fantastic set for the money.

Thanks
Mark

NeilF said:
How do you FF or RW in the youtube application?

ie: If you're watching a youtube clip and want to fast forward or rewind, what do you press?

Flick the switch on the bottom of the remote to tv and use the forward rewind buttons this works for me

Hi Guys,

New to this site, I have just bought one of the last 46GT30's that JL had and the Tv looks great only one or two things i just want to hear other peoples views on. I have only ran it for about 30 hours so far so its still very very new. I have been reading through pages and pages of posts but thought it might be better to post my own questions to get the answer i am looking for

1. Fan noise, This is about the same level as my PS3 slim and is noticeable. I site about 8ft away from it. Does this quieten down with time?

2.Buzzing, Buzzing on light images and white. Same question for this.

3. Green patch have a slight one of these on the right hand side is this a fix for this yet?

neddyuk said:
Hi Guys,

New to this site, I have just bought one of the last 46GT30's that JL had and the Tv looks great only one or two things i just want to hear other peoples views on. I have only ran it for about 30 hours so far so its still very very new. I have been reading through pages and pages of posts but thought it might be better to post my own questions to get the answer i am looking for

1. Fan noise, This is about the same level as my PS3 slim and is noticeable. I site about 8ft away from it. Does this quieten down with time?

3. Green patch have a slight one of these on the right hand side is this a fix for this yet?

Mines the same but my PS3 slim is a bit louder than my TV and even louder when the Blu ray drive spins. I have a tiny buzz on white screens and I think I have a green patch on the RHS too but I only notice it in a pitch black room and when only black is being displayed on TV, not sure if that is light image retention from playing COD(the names of players are on the right) or green blob.
Either way, I love this TV and wouldn't trade it for anything other than a Panasonic VT30, GT50 or VT50 lol.

Mines the same but my PS3 slim is a bit louder than my TV and even louder when the Blu ray drive spins. I have a tiny buzz on white screens and I think I have a green patch on the RHS too but I only notice it in a pitch black room and when only black is being displayed on TV, not sure if that is light image retention from playing COD(the names of players are on the right) or green blob.
Either way, I love this TV and wouldn't trade it for anything other than a Panasonic VT30, GT50 or VT50 lol.

Well, I had a TH37PV500 which was brilliant for 7 years. However, with your points:

1) Yes, I get a fan hum but compared to my PV500 it is quieter
2) I get *very* slight buzz on all white screens but again, better than my PV500!
3) I suffered from a green halo effect on the PV500 which is there now but much less than

To be honest, I don't mind these. Minimal in the grand scheme of things. I love this TV. Even Freeview HD (and Match of the Day) were revelations to me!

Hi Guys

I've had my GT30 for about 9 months. Very happy except over the last month or so the fan noise has increased considerably.

Has anybody else found this and contacted Panasonic and been given a solution?

I have a contact at their support centre who has helped in the past, but just wanted to see if anybody else has had this problem.

I look forward to any views.

All the best

Paul

Has anybody else found this and contacted Panasonic and been given a solution?

I've had my 50GT30 for around 3 months and the fan noise is pretty bad. It sounds like a twin engine plane about to take off with the engines going at slightly different speeds, kind of a throbbing sound, which is highly intrusive even from 10ft away with my surround system turned up. I can't hear the fans over louder passages, but they're always audible over dialogue. I might also describe them as sounding a bit like the washing machine doing it's spin cycle in the kitchen and being audible through the door.

I contacted Panasonic who recommended that I call out a service engineer (which may have been a standard response to any fault report as I did it through email). I haven't done so yet and am slightly wary of being told that I can't expect the fans to be silent. I don't expect them to be silent, but my old Panasonic 42" plasma panel, which I still have, had three fans and they were inaudible. The only time I would notice them was in a silent room with the TV sound turned down, then if I turned off the TV I could hear the very gentle purring of the fans stopping.

Not sure what to do but I need to do something as the fans spoil watching the TV for me.

I've had my 50GT30 for around 3 months and the fan noise is pretty bad. It sounds like a twin engine plane about to take off with the engines going at slightly different speeds, kind of a throbbing sound, which is highly intrusive even from 10ft away with my surround system turned up. I can't hear the fans over louder passages, but they're always audible over dialogue. I might also describe them as sounding a bit like the washing machine doing it's spin cycle in the kitchen and being audible through the door.

I contacted Panasonic who recommended that I call out a service engineer (which may have been a standard response to any fault report as I did it through email). I haven't done so yet and am slightly wary of being told that I can't expect the fans to be silent. I don't expect them to be silent, but my old Panasonic 42" plasma panel, which I still have, had three fans and they were inaudible. The only time I would notice them was in a silent room with the TV sound turned down, then if I turned off the TV I could hear the very gentle purring of the fans stopping.

Not sure what to do but I need to do something as the fans spoil watching the TV for me.

If your not happy you need to speak to your retailer no Panasonic, your contract is with the retailer, the set is their responsibility under SOGA. Under the SOGA you have 6 months in which time the retailer must prove there was no fault when you purchased the set.

Hi Guys,

I have replied to this in your thread already, if you no longer wish to use that thread I will close it for you. Please do check your thread for replies though out of courtesy of those members who reply. In future if you decide to re-post in an existing thread instead, please request your other thread be closed or removed, you can do this by ether PMing myself or another mod, or simply request it in your thread.;)

Hi

Been in touch with Panasonic tech support re fans.

They have put me in touch with a local service company who are coming to my house on Friday to put in new fans.

I will let you know if this resolves the issue.

The service company said they replace the fans on many plasma tv (not just panansonic) and it normally fixes the problem.

Any other thoughts please let me know.

Regards
Paul

While I would not necessarily recommend it to others:nono: I have on previous plasmas and the current one "covered" the fan grilles with some acoustic foam with no problems with heat etc and I get no noise at all:D.........so now I can only hear the buzz from white screens:(:D

Thanks deblee

I'm sure you are right that they are not that essential - my G20 the previous year did not have fans but did buzz more and the GT50 I think does not have fans this year.

But as under warrenty with panasonic I'll take the new fans for now and another 4 years with Richer Sounds insurance hopefully I will be ok until I get and OLED (if they are any good and a sensibiile price in a couple of years or so).

Cheers

Paul

just had the panasonic says its within spec call from engineer regarding uneven brightness and vertical lines (50gt30) whats my next move.

I am having problems getting sound from my TV to the receiver using ARC.
I have a Pioneer SC-LX75 connected via HDMI to the ARC HDMI socket on my 50GT30.

I set the Receiver to use HDMI for sound, select Viera Link and choose Home Cinema for sound but there is no sound from the receiver.

If I adjust the TV volume it changes the volume on the Receiver so there does seem to be "backwards" communication between the TV and Receiver.

I've tried 3 different cables, resetting both devices, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Hi there, I'm new to this forum - I hope i am posting this in the appropriate place.....

I have the TX-P42GT30 and the TV Guide function seems anything but intuitive. Is there really not a way to watch (?) or even listen to the tv channel whilst browsing the TV Guide?

Many thanks in advance, Colin

I have the TX-P42GT30 and the TV Guide function seems anything but intuitive. Is there really not a way to watch (?) or even listen to the tv channel whilst browsing the TV Guide?

Unfortunately not - both the sound and picture from the channel you're watching is lost when you open the TV Guide.

This is common to all Panasonic TVs and PVRs (etc) AFAIK.

colin t said:
Hi there, I'm new to this forum - I hope i am posting this in the appropriate place.....

Many thanks in advance, Colin

Lol that is only gripe about this telly. Especially when viera cast manages it and in the guide there is the lefthand part of the screen,where it could quite easily display a picture.

I have had my 42 inch GT30 for about six months and have had no problems. No Green blobs or Fan noise

Has been a really good buy. Good picture quality for Films and sport. Also good for gaming to on my PS3

Could anyone recomend a coaxial cable for connecting my Sony surround sound cinema system to my SKy HD box?

Like to buy from Amazon, but will buy eslewhere if needed

Had mine since June 2011 and have to say (without tempting fate) I've got no picture issues with dead pixels, green tinges etc - certainly not to my eyes anyway. I do get a bit of fan noise and buzzing but I can live with it. I did an update in November 2011 but am slightly dubious about doing another now, given all of the issues people have. I guess my logic is the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' - anyone have any thoughts? Last thing I want is to update and cause a problem but my warranty expires in June so if there's going to be issues, now's the time for them.

I did an update in November 2011 but am slightly dubious about doing another now, given all of the issues people have.

I'm fairly sure the last software update (1218) was issued at the end of last year, so you might actually be up to date. To check if you have it, go to :

Menu - Setup - System Menu - System Information

Had the GT30 50" since October not having any problems so far. I am not sure how many hours I have used it for but I lowered the contrast, brightness and colour right down and picture was fine but lately started to feel the picture is maybe a bit dark so I set it back to default factory settings.
I game a lot is it ok to use factory settings or is there any other settings you guys reccomend to get the best possible picture?

Hi everyone,

Brought a ex display 46 gt30 yesterday from pc world for 699 and was told it had only been used for a few weeks. The picture looks ok to a tv newbie like me but I checked the service menu and it's been used for over 4000 hours and turned on off 500 times. There is one dead pixel as well in the bottom right hand corner. I'm really not sure if I should return it or not as this means they have had this tv on in their store for over a year now, on shop settings would this have ruined the quality at all? Any advice for things to look for or what to do would be appreciated, thanks!

Had the GT30 50" since October not having any problems so far. I am not sure how many hours I have used it for but I lowered the contrast, brightness and colour right down and picture was fine but lately started to feel the picture is maybe a bit dark so I set it back to default factory settings.
I game a lot is it ok to use factory settings or is there any other settings you guys reccomend to get the best possible picture?

According to those who know things i don't ... something happens to these sets at around 500 hours viewing and again at 1000 that might affect the settings.
I have thought mine was getting a bit darker too so maybe just up the contrast a little bit.
There are two peoples settings on here that are quite good. Tele62 are the best. Worth trying.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom