Panasonic Green Tinge Fault:Gathering numbers affected.

My 2011 Panasonic plasma has/had this issue.

• Total voters
new 55 inch vt30 delived today from TPS replacement 50 inch
Serial number starting 15
Green tinge to right of the screen.

OK can all who have had a call from panasonic about the update please post the fact on here. As and when.:)

If you havent reported your set yet you wont get a call, so contact Panasonic ASAP.

42ST30. green on right, pink on the left.
Only had it a week.
Can only see it on the DVB tuning screen though, normal viewing doesn't really show it up thankfully.

TX-P50VT30B
R/H side of screen slight 'Green' tinge
S/N FB16400xxR
Not informed Panasonic as of yet
Noticed slight green sky tinge from day 1, Late December 2011
Just tried Grey slide today and confirm 'slight' green tinge R/H side.

Thought i'd done this? sorry 'Scooby' :smashin:

PS, I would have liked to have my ''EXTENDED WARRANTY'' ( posted 3/01/12 ) in my hand before handing over this information ( S/N ) ? :(

Last edited:
46" GT30

Serial no. FF-123****

Apologies for the poor photographs. I have highlighted the affected area's.

Attachments

• 10 IRE.JPG
    10 IRE.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 238
  • 20 IRE.JPG
    20 IRE.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 241
  • 10 IRE Markers.JPG
    10 IRE Markers.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 265
  • 20 IRE Markers.JPG
    20 IRE Markers.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
50vt30 number 155
Completely clear until about the 1000 hour mark then overnight green splodges,extreme banding and colour issues down the r/hand side and very easy i/r from the epg but none from hours of gaming,the so called update reduced the splodge alot but it's still visible on about 60% of all content,panasonic have been made aware through tps.

42ST30

FF-13XXXXX and FF-11XXXXX

Awaiting final set. If this one has it I'm getting a refund.

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
46GT30

Serial No. 13xxxxx

Green blobs on certain scenes and in particular on gaming.

Still have set and have contacted Panasonic.

This thread is to gather numbers, no chat please.

Just post your model and size(i.e. 46" GT30) if you have at this moment in time got the green tint/splodge whatever you want to call it.

If you had a model with this issue and no longer have the set, can you also please post that you no longer have the set.

I will add a link to this thread here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/plas...-fault-panasonic-vt30-gt30-st30-part-2-a.html

The green tinge fault thread above is where you need to post opinions and experiances.

Thank You.:smashin:

If you wish to post a picture of your screen showing the issue feel free to add this to your post if you wish.;) A link will be provided to some grey slides that show the issue more clearly in photos. If you have the time can you please use the slides and post a single picture showing the issue on your set.

UPDATE.....

If you have a set with this issue please contact your retailer and then Panasonic on this number 0844 844 3899 and ask to speak to Dominic.

Please also add:
  • Your sets serial number found on the back of the set. leave this blank if you wish or just add the first two numbers.

• If you have informed Panasonic of your issue.

• How long it was before you noticed the issue on your set.

Could have sworn I posted details when I voted.....anyway:

42 S30 - serial starting with 155 and so apparently updated at factory. Quite noticeable on the right and both top corners. Noticed straight out of the box.

I'll post on behalf of my uncle:

50 S30 - huge blobs (really bad) left and right of the centre. But he can't see them :/ - issue noticeable right out of the box.

edit: contacted Panasonic but informed them I'll run in for 100-200 hours and see how it goes.

Last edited:
50"ST30.
Serial No FF 134
Had green tinge from day 1. Almost 100 hours on this set now.
Should be having update applied Tuesday afternoon.

TX-P46GT30b serial FE-146. Had the Tv since oct Green Tinge from new

50GT30 slight green blob straight out of box faded considerably after a few hundred hours. Contacted panasonic about the fault and I've had the update applied. Will report back in a few days to give feedback with regards to it's effectiveness on my set. Serial number 131 and I have had no other issues.

UPDATE - Set is now back with the retailer and my money has been refunded as the fault worsened after the SD card update was applied. Was "Livable" before this and did seem to improve as the panel settled. I would advise against getting the update if you can tolerate the tinge.

Last edited:
Serial no: FA-123, 50"G30, All clear uptill 1000 hours. Still got the set.

Guys i have the 50VT30B from John Lewis.

I have the green tinge fault.
Also I have dark to light, light to dark, flicking of screen in films.

Its starting to get to me now.

Rod

50VT30

Slight green banding / blob / bad panning issues.

Notified Pana Store within first week, screen settled a lot. However, still noticeable.

My 42st30b came today and has slight green/pink haze on certain parts of white/grey screen. Reported by email to dixons and panosonic.

IT seems to go at and then reappear, it was not there for the first ten minutes. Its not the worst I have seen in this thread but I have spotted it.

the updates been done, only 2 things that's changed on the self test screen are
before
PDP-DCC 73.60
PDP-PDROM 35.01

after
PDP-DCC 73.66
PDP-PDROM 35.02

any better ? maybe 20% it wasn't that bad on this set, i did hope it would clear but its not. maybe time will tell?

50ST30
SN: FF-142xxxx

Noticed within first hour of use. Will notify Panasonic when I hit the 200 hour mark (to avoid them requesting I wait).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom