Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD players region free hack - Part 2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Bald Monkey, Sep 28, 2011.

1. shotokan101

shotokan101 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +13,646
    Only works twice ;)

Better to buy a cheap one-for-all and program that then you can use it any number of times :)

Jim
  2. videonasty

videonasty Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Managed to get accepted & get the updated 1.70A firmware for the Panasonic DMP-BDT110EB. :clap::clap:

Gonna have a try tonight to see if it works ok:lease:
  3. videonasty

videonasty Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Tried it last night & it worked. :clap::clap:
  4. noelinbrum

noelinbrum Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Congratulations!:thumbsup:
    Do you know what the 1.70 has over 1.68?
    I don't really want to keep upgrading unless it's something I really need...
    The only thing I can see that would be of any use to me is .MKV playabilty - it's already good; but what has the 1.70 upgrade given it over the 1.68?
    Thanks in advance
    Noel
  5. videonasty

videonasty Member

Ratings:
    +38
    Not sure, as I upgraded from firmware 1.61.

I've downloaded the info & I'll have a read of it to see what's new.
  6. keyser

keyser Member

Ratings:
    +1
    How can i get the Complete device model name if I´ve thrown away the box?? If I look through the players menu I only get DMP-BDT210. I bought it in the UK.
  7. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it on the back?
  8. shotokan101

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +13,646
    should be listed on the plate on the back/underside that also has the unit serial number :)

Jim
  9. CvikoM

CvikoM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just finished upgrade to 1.70A ..Firmware maker polite and efficient..installation smooth and as specified, all works perfect..Just follow up ALL instructions and there should be no problems at all..Thank You "firmwareinfo" !
  10. Miyagi

Miyagi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, I cannot believe how incredibly hard they are to deal with! I've never been so stressed dealing with someone on the internet as much as I have with them.

Ultimately, after quite a few tries and a lot of grief, I got the firmware. They are not very nice at all. I think in hindsight I should have held out for a player that doesn't need a firmware update like this.
  11. keyser

keyser Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry for being lazy, but it's a total pain in the arse to take out the player. I have to unplug it all etc. But I´m semi pretty sure I took a look before I put it in and it only had DMP-BDT210 and no extra letters, the ones I´m looking for. Don't all UK players have the same extra letters.. EU or something?
  12. keyser

keyser Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Am I to believe there is no for me to know if the player is DMP-BDT210EG/EB/EF/EE ??
  13. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You might be able to look it up on the amazon.co.uk or try to find the box in an electronics store.
  14. shotokan101

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +13,646
    According to the User Manual for the player - front cover - it states that EB is the designation for UK Models....

Jim
  15. dakeeper

dakeeper Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone successfully applied after having their email banned on firmware info.com? I made the 'mistake' of mentioning $ in my original application. And my emails have since been banned. I'm rather baffled by that attitude but its their privilege I suppose. were there 10 other such providers I doubt it would be the same... but meantime, wondered whether anyone had managed to persuade them to remove blacklist of their email, for whatever your 'sins' may have been...thx
  16. mentm

mentm Active Member

Ratings:
    +416
    I think others have just used another email addy
  17. Flexical

Flexical Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, apologies if this has already been answered, but I have searched for an age and cannot find a mention of my particular player.

I have a S48EB-K DVD Player and would like to make it region free/0. Any suggestions.

Thanks a lot!
  18. shotokan101

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +13,646
    worth trying the "standard" panasonic DVD RF codes anyway....
  19. briggsay

briggsay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also just got booted off for doing something wrong in my application. I wonder if it is because I listed my current firmware on the BDT310 (1.63) and asked for a new version of that one (1.63a), instead of trying to upgrade to 1.70 first, and then asking for 1.70a. Anyone think that might be an issue? Otherwise, I can't imagine what I did wrong, and I've read everything I can.
  20. asm64dx

asm64dx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you ask the guys from the firmwareinfo site about the problems with your application ??

This board is not a support area for rejected firmwareinfo users...
  21. briggsay

briggsay Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, considering that:

1. The last few hundreds of posts on this and the previous thread (I've read them all - have you?) have been almost entirely about firmwareinfo

2. That the only option for unlocking an existing player beyond the DVD aspects rests with them, and is thus the raison d'etre of this thread

3. That I shared my idea in a generous, polite way to try and help the literally dozens and dozens of others who haven't yet gained access to the firmware

4. That the operators of the site are famously unforthcoming with information about how to get it right, hence the fact that we are relying on each others for clues

...I'd say your outright dismissal of my post is a bit misguided, wouldn't you?
  22. Bald Monkey

Bald Monkey Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,109
    Welcome to AVF, as this is your first post I'll remind you that we have a team of volunteer moderators, so please leave the modding to them.
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  23. asm64dx

asm64dx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I thought this was in your interest because you were the one who asked to stop firmwareinfo promotion on this board.

Anyway, it seems to me like both parties - users with access to the firmware and users without access - can't help people with application problems on the firmwareinfo site so it makes sense to send them back to the origin instead of emulating firmwareinfo complaints office :nono:
  24. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If firmwareinfo actually responded to such requests that would make sense. Since they don't, people will have much more luck getting help here.
  25. asm64dx

asm64dx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you look at recent posts in this thread you will understand that your statement is nonsense.

Nobody here wants to help when it comes to firmwareinfo. This thread has become a bitch session for frustrated firmwareinfo users :(
  26. TheBlackCat

TheBlackCat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it's not like anybody got any help with their questions about finding the model number, or their questions about how to evade the email ban, or their questions, or long lists of advice and rules to follow. Oh wait. Did you happen to see the answer to the question 4 posts before yours?
  27. shotokan101

Media:
    Albums:
    Ratings:
    +13,646
    calms down peeps :)
  28. Gavtech

Gavtech Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,260
    asm64dx

As a newcomer you are managing to be quite disruptive.

This may be inadvertent and due to inexperience of these forums but...

Please tread with greater care and sensitivity - thanks.
  29. Bald Monkey

Bald Monkey Active Member

Ratings:
    +1,109
    Afternoon all, FYI: asm64dx was an existing member simply re-registering by his own admission to be disruptive. He is now an ex-member.

Please continue :)
  30. nitro

nitro Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello everybody !

I am a new member of this forum. I am from germany and I try my best to write in understandable english. :)

I read this threat and the last sites of the one before. I think it's no problem now, to get the enhanced firmware with the tips from the user "Insider", how to write correctly the PM.

But I still got 2 Points and I hope someone can help me with that.

1. I have still Panasonic warranty on my DMP-BDT310EG, but is there a problem if I have an issue with the player and send it to panasonic ? If once installed 1,70A, there is no way to put it back to regular firmware 1,70. Unlike for example a jailbreaked iPhone, which can be easily replaced with the original firmware. You think Panasonic recognize this, and refuse the warranty ?

2. How much of a "donate" does he want for that player ? I read the higher version of players are more expensive. There were numbers between 20 - 60 Euros. Someone received an enhanced firmware the last weeks for a BDT310 and can name a price ?

Ok, that's all. Thank's for your help
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011