Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I know this has probably been answered, but trawling through the threads takes forever!

Does anyone PLEASE know how to make my UK DMP-BDT310 region free? I am not really interested in the blu side of things, it's just the DVD side I am interested in making region free. I don't really want to send the machine off, or pay for some dodgy non-Panny firmware that I have to make a "donation" for. Hopefully there is a remote hack or similar. Panny players used to be very easy to remote hack.

:lease:

OK, does anyone know if those Panny hack DVD remotes that are selling on popular auction sites are worth their money?

Or does anyone have on they no longer need?????

:lease:

Please!!! I try 3 times and nothing... send me a copy [email protected]

I managed to get through this time as well, and now have enhanced firmware :clap: Everything is working as described on the website, but haven't been able to test multi region Blu-ray yet.
My advice to anyone applying is to copy the model number exactly with hyphens and in the correct case, same with the MAC address it needs to be exactly the same as in device information on your player. As for expectations just state the obvious (as advertised on the site) multi region DVD, blu-ray support and additional audio/display options.

Please!!! I try 3 times and nothing... send me a copy [email protected]

Apart from it probably being illegal it wouldn't work in your player as it's customised for the mac/hadware address of the specific player - I suggest that you keep trying to register properly.

Jim

@ BrownWink

Is the regionfree code only for Panasonic DVD players, or will it also make Panasonic blu-ray players regionfree on the DVD part?

@ BrownWink

Is the regionfree code only for Panasonic DVD players, or will it also make Panasonic blu-ray players regionfree on the DVD part?

He was a spammer with nothing genuine to say.

I have just done the Incure hack using the Palm & OmniRemote method. There were one or two technical difficulties:

1. my Palm Zire 71 is a bit long in the tooth and won't synch with 64 bit Windows 7. I had to pull out the old WinXP notebook.
  2. It didn't work with the Palm .mpa file. Not sure why - it wouldn't load. But it did work with the .pdb file.
It worked first time.:clap:

So, big thanks to Incure (who started this thread on page 1!). Luckily his website is still up.:thumbsup:

G

FirmwareInfo.com is a waste of time. I just spent the day trying to get the enhanced fw and kept getting my account deleted with no reason given. I followed the application instructions and still nothing. People are willing to pay for the enhanced firmware and they're turning people down. I don't get it. Now I have to look another media player, more $$ out of my pocket. All I wanted to do was play MKV files. What a effing bummer.

Thanks a lot FirmwareInfo.com.

Used codes with URC 7140 on Panasonic DMR-EZ28, it worked a treat (had to use 5 digit not 3 digit code) Happy days thanks to all contributors on this thread :)

Does anyone managed to get the DMR-XW380 to play region 1 dvds and which method is needed??

I've managed the hack on my BD100 with a One for All URC 8308 remote.

I used the following procedure:

1. hold "MAGIC" button for 3 seconds to get into programming mode (line above DVD blinks twice)
2. press "DEV SET"
3. select "DVD" device on remote
4. enter device code 0490 (line above DVD blinks twice)
5. confirm DVD works with control
6. press "ESC" on control
7. press "Magic"
8. hold "MAGIC" button for 3 seconds to get into programming mode (line above DVD blinks twice)
9. Press "KEYMAGIC" then "DVD" then "MAGIC" then the 5 digit code below followed by the numbered key:

00191 - Key 1
00120 - Key 2
00065 - Key 3
00180 - Key 4
00143 - Key 5
00155 - Key 6
00122 - Key 7
00117 - Key 8
00129 - Key 9
00123 - Key 0

10. turn on the DVD
11. ensure drawer is closed then press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 in succession. Player will restart and you will be region free.

Different experience of firmwareinfo.com here. I made sure all the requested information was correct, and got the hacked firmware no problem. The whole process took less than two hours from start to finish and it worked a treat.

Problem with firmwareinfo is that you have to pay every time Panasonic upgrades the firmware (like they just did in the last couple of days for my BDT110).

If you choose not to upgrade the firmware (in order to keep your hacked firmware) you won't be able to access the online content page in the GUI so won't be able to stream VUDU etc.

This was my experience anyway.

Different experience of firmwareinfo.com here. I made sure all the requested information was correct, and got the hacked firmware no problem. The whole process took less than two hours from start to finish and it worked a treat.

Same here all done in 2 hours on Friday morning

Works a treat:thumbsup:

I'd love to take the two hours to get it all set up, but their site removed my account. First time because I apparently took too long to request the hack, and I have no idea why the second time when I included all of the info they requested.

From what I've seen here, no one has yet said how much they want for a donation. That alone may be enough to keep others from even bothering to apply.

Can someone please tell us what the developers are expecting for a forced "donation"?

I'd love to take the two hours to get it all set up, but their site removed my account. First time because I apparently took too long to request the hack, and I have no idea why the second time when I included all of the info they requested.

From what I've seen here, no one has yet said how much they want for a donation. That alone may be enough to keep others from even bothering to apply.

Can someone please tell us what the developers are expecting for a forced "donation"?

Also can someone confirm if you really need to donate again every time a f/w upgrade is released ?

Jim

OK now we have discovered that you can MR the 100 set with a O4A .. has anyone done the same with the 310?:confused:

Well, after my third try, they finally replied saying they're not currently taking new applications. What a bunch of morons.

Anyone have any idea now how we may go about getting a working copy of this for the DMP-BD655P-K since they don't seem to want to sell it? I'm not sure if the hack is a copyrighted product, so maybe it is possible for someone to pass on their copy? If this appears to be acceptable, and if the price is right, and you've got a Paypal account, I'd be willing to consider your offer. If they need the MAC address, that's probably all that needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Well, after my third try, they finally replied saying they're not currently taking new applications. What a bunch of morons.

Anyone want to pass on their copy for the DMP-BD655P-K? If the price is right and you've got a Paypal account, I'd be willing to consider your offer. If they need the MAC address, that's probably all that needs to be changed.

How strange these folk operate Styler :confused: I would have thought the more business the better! More the fool me! :rolleyes:

Maybe it was that your "offer" wasnt "generous" enough and you got the standard refusal email

Last edited:

Anyone want to pass on their copy for the DMP-BD655P-K? If the price is right and you've got a Paypal account, I'd be willing to consider your offer. If they need the MAC address, that's probably all that needs to be changed.

As it's "donation-ware" I'm not entirely sure that your post is "actually" suggesting piracy but it's still not really on now is it ? :nono: - but I'd suggest you either edit or delete it..... :(

Jim

How strange these folk operate Styler :confused: I would have thought the more business the better! More the fool me! :rolleyes:

Maybe it was that your "offer" wasnt "generous" enough and you got the standard refusal email
I didn't make an offer. I asked what they expected as a "donation". I'm not willing to say, "Yeah, I'll give you $50," when they only think they can get $25. (Not saying those are actual figures, but you should get my point.)

As it's "donation-ware" I'm not entirely sure that your post is "actually" suggesting piracy but it's still not really on now is it ? :nono: - but I'd suggest you either edit or delete it..... :(

Jim
If it's not copyrighted, it's OK to distribute freely. Since I haven't seen a copy of it, I can't say one way or the other. Anyway, I've edited my original post.

Thanks.

OK. I have yet to see a solution for my player using a remote. What is it?

If it's not copyrighted, it's OK to distribute freely. Since I haven't seen a copy of it, I can't say one way or the other. Anyway, I've edited my original post.

Thanks.

The three stooges are talking together :)

What is your point guys ?

Why don't you simply ignore the site if it doesn't work for you ?

There are alternative solutions available (remote controls, hardware mods, etc.)

Just forget about the site and take an alternative route for the multiregion stuff !

No need to be sarcastic/abusive - only other option really is hardware mod which is likely to be considerably more expensive so why not get things in context before you post ?

OK. I have yet to see a solution for my player using a remote. What is it?

Absolutely - no remote based hacks offer Blu-Ray RF :lesson:

JIm

I'm not too concerned about Blu-ray hacks (not yet, anyway). I just need the hacks to make it region free for normal DVDs. I know (at least according to that other site) that this is possible, so I would hope that it can be accomplished through a 3rd-party remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom