Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
fidelityutensil said:
Does anyone know a hack for the Panasonic DMR-EX75?

I've been looking, but can't find!

This maybe due to stupidity, but any help would be much appreciated!

Ta
Will the hack mentioned in this thread not work? 'Someone' further up said it worked on the EX-85, which is very similar.

I have tried the region free hack on the DMR-EH55 with no luck.
I used the Laptop method and the remote.txt provided.
I see the player reacting to the commands and even reseting but I still cannot play other region DVD ... (bought the DVD in region 1 and trying region 2 DVDs).

I tried 3 times ... 3 resets ... no succes ....

I must have done something wrong as I can't believe the hack to be working with all other models except this one ...

Any ideas of what to double check ?

Thanks,

Foreigner.

foreigner said:
I have tried the region free hack on the DMR-EH55 with no luck.
I used the Laptop method and the remote.txt provided.
I see the player reacting to the commands and even reseting but I still cannot play other region DVD ... (bought the DVD in region 1 and trying region 2 DVDs).

I tried 3 times ... 3 resets ... no succes ....

I must have done something wrong as I can't believe the hack to be working with all other models except this one ...

Any ideas of what to double check ?

Thanks,

Foreigner.

You are trying to play PAL DVDs on an NTSC Unit , You cant do that.

Steve DVD Chips

Foreigner

You are trying to play PAL DVDs on an NTSC Unit , You cant do that.

To Expand on this a little..well a lot actually.

Some Players Made for the Region 1 Zone ..which is an NTSC Area..are not what is known as Dual laser

This means that the Player is not capable of reading PAL at all and it appears that your Region 1 Player is one of those ...and Steve1971 would know this as he is far more experienced in these matters than me.

The Main Reason for this besides cost is that most DVD Disks are Released in the Region 1 Zone first ...so the demand for Multi Region capability is supposed to be Less in those areas.

And it also appears that the practice of single laser (NTSC Only) Players seems to be mostly in the domain of the "Top End" Players rather than the "Budget" Players.

From what your post Says

I see the player reacting to the commands and even reseting but I still cannot play other region DVD ... (bought the DVD in region 1 and trying region 2 DVDs)

I tried 3 times ... 3 resets ... no success ....

The Hack has worked ..and will play all Regions ...but NOT PAL Disks if you were to purchase for example a R2 Japanese disk it would play as Japan is an NTSC Zone

So you will need to steer clear of European R2 and Australian R4 Disks as these are PAL Zones

The Panasonic DMR-EH55 European (R2) or Australian (R4) models (if available in those areas) will be Dual Laser ... but sadly yours is not and therefore will not be able to play PAL no matter what.

Hope this helps

Hackeroonie

Hackeroonie is on the right lines but is wrong to say it has anything to do with the laser , NTSC playback requires less memory that PAL playback so it's simply a cost saving decision to leave some electronic components out of NTSC units that are fitted in the dual format NTSC/PAL units.

In the case of portable dvd units NTSC screens are cheaper so again Region 1units are sometimes fitted with NTSC only screens.

Steve
DVD Chips UK

Folks

Oh well I was Close enough hehehe:D

I did say that Steve knew more than me on the Subject :)

And I was Right :D

Cheers Steve :)

But the basis of the thread was correct ..the player will not play PAL

Hackeooonie

Thanks a lot guys for the lesson, I appreciated the detailled explanation.
Not so proud of my ignorance of the basics but ... at least I learned something !!

Jeff.

I've just hacked (with PSP remote) DMREX-95V (bough at QVC brand new for £300) but no RCE playback. What's wrong?

I used a laptop to do this successfully on my DMR-EX95VEBS, which is presumably the same model as yours.
Did the unit restart itself and display the "HELLO" message after you had entered the codes. If it didn't, then it probably didn't receive all the codes correctly.

the unit did restart and it plays back R1 DVD but not RCE protected. I've found one RCE protected dvd in my R1 collection - The 6th Day with Arni. When you try this DVD it shows world map with regions and a message which says something like "this is nothing wrong with your player. this dvd is not supposed to be used in modified dvd players...." that means that dvd is RCE protected. I wonder if anybody else has RCE protected discs and the same problem as me.

I will try some other discs to see if mine is the same.
Is there any way of telling if a disc is RCE protected from the markings. I have some R1 and some R3 discs.

I have just tried Maid in Manhattan, which is RCE protected, and it plays fine.

Have you checked to see if you have used the correct codes for RCE, and not just for Multiregion.

davb said:
I have just tried Maid in Manhattan, which is RCE protected, and it plays fine.

Have you checked to see if you have used the correct codes for RCE, and not just for Multiregion.
I thought that the IR hack was the same for ultiregion and RCE... pls correct me if I am wrong

There are a number of posts in this thread relating to the problem you have. Look at #39 and #40 by bigguy283 which may be your problem.

An update for the Panasonic S49 and S295 users, Tom made a breaktrough by releasing the first Macrovision and CGMS disabled firmware for these players! Now you can record (commercial) DVD's to any source, digital or analog.

You can find the new firmware here:
http://www.dcevolution.net/panasonic

Please remember that these kind of hacks or only possible trough modifying firmware, never trough a remote control hacks.

An update for the Panasonic S49 and S295 users.....
Is that an actual model number or the chipset used? My recorder is the EH60D. Could the firmware be modded using that file? Burn to CD etc..??.. (already made MR using PSP). shame I can't access rapidshare files though. Many ISP's proxies are seen as already having downloaded the file too many times and can't get them.. :(
Thanks..

can someone please tell me if there is 1 for the pany s29:thumbsup:

Dazap

Read the Threads ...it says on thread #54

The use of the region free codes cannot damage your player or lock it forever! If this in a rare occasion happens, it is easy to recover from it by re-initiliaze your player from the setup.
- Don't ask if your player/recorder can be made region free using this code, just try it! Again, you cannot damage your player using this code.
I removed a list from my site which players/recorders where known to be supported to prevent the "does it work with my player?" questions. However I would appreciate if you succeed to post your player type.
also on thread #73 it says this
I have just tried this and it's TRUE ! pressing the Cancel button makes the screen show Init and FT02 disappears , we used to remove and reprogram the flash chips to reset this code at one time and Panasonic Service were no help , no-one knew how to recover from this !
and this on the same thread #73
I have just sucessfully done a DVD-LS5 portable player. It came up with the FT02 message as well. I used the cancel button on a normal Panny DVD remote and it reinitialised just fine.
So after reading all this what have you got to lose?...it will either work ..or not ...you will probably wait more time for an accurate answer to your question...try it you will soon find out if it works ...if not you are no worse off than now....although I suspect it will work.

Hackeroonie

For those of you wanting to know about the DMR-EX75:
I have just tried the ccf file on my pronto remote and I am now watching Star Wars III R1 on my UK R2 machine! Fantastic!

Just to be clear: this is the "Panasonic ccf region hack" available at www.dcevolution.net.

I checked the disc tray was empty, closed it, selected DVD mode.
Then I put the pronto on the floor about 2 feet from the player, pressed the RCE button and stood back. the process took about 20 seconds.

When first playing a R1 disc, the player warns that it is in the wrong mode ie. PAL. It is necessary to go into the setup menu and select NTSC before playing the dvd.
When going back to view PAL discs or live tv, the picture is the wrong colour until you go back & select PAL mode.

It is necessary to go into the setup menu and select NTSC before playing the dvd.
Seems strange - don't know why you need to change the display. Do you need to do that for other NTSC (R0) discs? Or maybe you don't have any.
Anyone know about the firmware usage on Recorders? Hackeroonie, assume your post was not aimed at me - mine is already MR. Looking at the macro etc. bits..

Hackeroonie, assume your post was not aimed at me - mine is already MR. Looking at the macro etc. bits..
SJW

Well Presumed :) :thumbsup: ...as My post does start like this

Dazap
Read the Threads ...it says on thread #54
Regards

Hackeroonie

Just Multi-regioned my DMR Es10 with a Plam VX and Omniremote 2.02.
Thanks to crocodile for the Palm.:thumbsup:

I'm trying to try the hack with my Nokia 6600. I've got Total IR Remote and have put the ccf file on my phone. When I select the .ccf file it starts up Ir Remote and says that it'll take a while to load. It doesn't but then it leaves me on a screen with the heading 'Select Device' and (no data) in the middle.

Now what? 'Options' just gives me the option to go 'back'?

Just to re-confirm the Pocket PC hack works on the DMR-EX85.

Thanks to all those who worked so hard on making such an easy to use upgrade :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom