Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi region-free fellows,

I've tried many times now. I went through laptops and Treos. I tried a Harmony 9960. Didn't work.
I then bought an old Pana remote (EUR7631100) since the org. EUR7659T70 for the EZ27 doesn't have >=10 or the subtitle button. I also go a URC 8820 and have tried that.
The only result I get is that it changes channels to 614 or 814 depending on how slow or fast I do it.
I ofcourse have no disc in.
Is the panny ez27 sick or is there a special trick to it?
:lease: anyone on this tricy ez27?

Sincerely Pansur

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi all,

I got a DMP-BD55 and a Harmony One from America to use it in Europe.

I followed the instruction from hatchn and translated the guidance as best as I could in the usage of a Harmony One Remote. This is what I did:

I set up a new activity named "Crack BD55". In the function "Customize Buttons" I chose the option "Add Sequences". There I set up one sequence for each button and named it from S1 - S0. Back to the function "Customize Buttons" I applied the Sequences from S1 - S0 to the buttons 1 - 0 in this activity. After updating the remote I gave it a try. No DISC in. Transmittted all the sequences (the full hack) but NOTHING happened. No reboot. No change of handling different area code dvds. I tried sending the codes with the standard Panasonic remote. No difference.

What went wrong?

I highly appreciate any comments or advice in this regard. :lease:

Thank you!

I used the links from the following site and used my pda to get region free on my panasonic dmr 55 dvd recorder.

All R1 discs now playing fine.

linky.

Hi guys,

I couldn't find an answer or I just don't know how to search...
Anyway, I'm just about to buy Panasonic DMR EX 768. Is there any way how to make it a multi region?
I've been to multiregionupgrades' website and they have a chipped remote for this one. Should I go for it? Is it really going to work for this particular model?

Your help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

David

Hi guys i'm new to this dvd hacking multiregions, we've just moved to australia from england and brought our Panasonic DMR-ES10 Dvd player/recorder with us, only problem is we cant play aussie dvds we buy over here on it, been reading previous posts, and have seen it seems possible to hack the dvd with the psp we have.
Would it be possible for someone to post up the correct way we would hack our dvd player with the psp, it would be much appreciated, thanks ,Steven

Playing NTSC and Region 0
Help appreciated with this as until now I have always purchased UK DVDs but I want to get this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alison-Kraus...8987988&sr=8-8

Which is region 0 and NTSC whatever that means.

I have the following and wonder whether I will be able to play it?

Panasonic TH42-PX70 Viera TV

Panasonic DMR -E500H DVD player

I would be grateful for any advice, thank you.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi guys,

I couldn't find an answer or I just don't know how to search...
Anyway, I'm just about to buy Panasonic DMR EX 768. Is there any way how to make it a multi region?
I've been to multiregionupgrades' website and they have a chipped remote for this one. Should I go for it? Is it really going to work for this particular model?

Your help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

David

I can confirm that following the instructions in post #361 and using a laptop with an I.R. port, the DMR-EX78 can be modified to be multi-region - the DMR-EX768 can be modified in the same manner.

My DMR-EX78 is a PAL (UK) model and now plays region 1 (NTSC) discs perfectly (and without the need to change any output settings).

Many thanks to those who have put the effort into making the information accessible to others. :thumbsup:

READ ME PLEASE!

I no longer maintain the shared profiles for the region free hack for Panasonic DVD players/combos.

Users have screwed up the two accounts that have been in operation, by either accidentally deleting or modifying the region free hack profile.

I have no longer the time to maintain these profiles, and they pose a problem to users, as the last user had his machine's region set to some other unknown region, and hence the box rejecting all discs.

---

Original message below:

So anyone with a Logitech Harmony 520, 525, 555, 668, 785, 880 or 855 remote§ with a Panasonic device that is known to be able to be made region free with the codes from this post, then PM me and I'll send the details of the account for the device with the codes programmed in to the 1 to 9 and 0 buttons.

Below is a list of Panasonic devices that work so far:
DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player
DMR-EZ27 DVD recorder
DVD-S53 DVD player
DVD-S54 DVD player
DMR-EH57 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EH67 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX77 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX87 HDD/DVD recorder

The region free hack procedure:

* Login to the region free hack account (using Harmony client software)
* Update your remote (this will wipe out existing setup)
* Select the only device on the remote (the Panny device with the hack)
* Switch your player on without a disc in the tray
* Make sure the Panny is in DVD mode (not TV or Blu-ray - this is a DVD player hack!)
* Point the remote at the player and press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 in that order
* The player should then reset and be region free, if not, try the process again.

§Looks like the profile will work with any Harmony remote... just accept the change of remote number when updating yours.

Good Luck! Leave a :smashin:THANKS if it works for you! :) Press the THANKS button over there, below ---->
--

Hi there

Does anyone still have the login details for this account, or one with a similar function?? I'm trying to hack my DMR-EH57 with a Harmony remote and am going absolutely insane trying to figure out how to do it... If anyone could be of any assistance it would be greatly appreciated!

I know the remote has to send out a specific IR code, but how do I program the remote with the custom code? I've been searching the internet for hours and am unable to find a definitive answer...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Fellas!

I have a harmony 880 remote and a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player. Could anyone share with me how I could use my logitech remote to unlock my Panny Player?

Hi Son_T, are you around? I tried to pvt msg you but system refused

Thanks,
kumarrr

I'm sure that I'm not the only person that can spot the connection :rotfl:

The other rather daft thing is that each of the shills has included "dvdunlocks4u.co.uk" in their posts and as Google rather likes AV Forums all this has achieved is moving this thread to the top of the search rankings. Something about hoisting and petards seems to spring to mind.

Sorry to those of you bored with this long and tedious charade, but I was glad to find the good Sir Ian already battling these people, who are now actively threatening my friend, as far back as a year ago.

In a nutshell: my friend and I live and work in the South of France.
I'm sure a lot of you have heard of Sophia-Antipolis, the Silicon Valley of Europe?
Many of the bigger players in IT are here, and it's more than likely that most of you are using something we make right now!

My friend's experience with these dvdhacks4u people is now the stuff of legend! you can well imagine that, with things being as dour as they've been recently with the global economy , something as hilariously wacky as this dvdhacks4u/dvdunlocks4u guy's emails have been worth a ton of laughs round the water cooler!

His latest threat was sent late last night to my mate and I just picked it up:
"We will give it till noon tomorrow and if thes messages are still there in ANY and we will set the legal wheels rolling."

I know...even gramatically it makes no sense...oh, and we have real 'legal wheels' here...and they're not rolling. They're :rotfl:.

But Ian, no, you are NOT the only one to spot the connection, as per this sort of writing from this guy:

"Both of your forum messages follow the same pattern and are false and malicious and intended to damage the reputation of this service."

More threats of legal action for "breach of copyright and defamation all in one", "advising his solicitors", blah, blah, blah.

Now, the funniest image has GOT to be of this guy actually entering a Court of Law anywhere, berating the judge on behalf of his presumed DVD hack, and spilling out all his righteous indignation for.......a customer who dared to complain.

Happy New Year to all!!!

Let those that read the garbage that you have spouted decide that.

Personally I think that the way you are pursuing this lost cause shows that you are indeed very dumb as most other spammers would have gone into damage limitation mode by now and kept a low profile but you want to keep digging away at that hole until you will never be able to clamber out.

Hey Ian,

Unfortunately, this is exactly what these people (or is it maybe just the one bloke?...hmmm...) are doing with my friend...he's now received THREE threatening emails, and in the last one, the man actually seems to threaten coming down here to the South of France!!!
What to do? Call the Gendarmes, the Marseille cousins? What?!?!?! :clap::clap::clap:

Hi all, and apologies for re-treading old ground

I have been bought a Panasonic SC-PT460 Home Cinema DVD System for Xmas (by my lovely wife), and am trying to region free it. I have got the most info from this forum, and just wanted to post to see if I am understanding everything or missing something.

I have attempted the method using a PDA with IR on this site and as it isn't working, I am assuming that I need one of the 12 part codes for my system (?), if anyone knows where to go for this then I would be very grateful.

Otherwise I guess my alternative is the following item on eBay eBay Item, I am just a little nervous about splashing the cash and something going wrong, or I point it at the cat by mistake and lose my one and only attempt!!

Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Dan

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Trying to get this to work on a Panasonic DVR-EZ48V Region 1 DVD/VHS player.Loaded TV Remote Control on my Pocket PC and enabled CCF mode. Loaded Panasonic DVD Region Region Hack for TVrc.ccf. Selected RCE from the Pocket PC TV Remote. It beaps though the numbers and changes channels on my TV, but, it never shuts down and restarts nor does it ever go region free. Can anyone advise me as to what I am doing wrong?

Hello, I have a DMR-EX81S Panasonic, use Palm m500 with the trial versoin OmniRemote Professional V2.15 installed, and have followed the Palm method#2 using the instructions posted on Panasonic S42 / S52 / S49 / S295 Info site

My DMR-EX81S is a PAL (Germany) model and now plays region 3 (NTSC) discs perfectly (but WITH the need to change TV System from PAL to NTSC).

I wonder how to play NTSC discs without changing TV output setting with my DMR-EX81S.

Hello all,

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ37V (US) DVD recorder/player that I need to make region-free. (My husband is German and we want to show our young twin boys DVDs in German from Germany - in addition to our US DVDs in English - we need RCE/region free so we don't have to buy another new player.)

I have a Harmony 670 remote that I would like to use to do the hack - but I am just not sure what to put in a fresh Harmony profile to program the player. I have the information on what codes to use to hack - from Panasonic DMR-EZ25 region code and Panasonic DMR-EZ45V region code (I believe the EZ45V, EZ37V and EZ25V are very similar).

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, or give me access to a Harmony profile with this ready to-go.:lease:

thank you!!!

help read most of the forum and now lost i have a sc-pt750 can it be unlocked to o region code at the moment it canada region 1 ,or is it easer to copy disc so its 0 coded

MARK5012
As I said in a previous post I bought from this company DVD Chips UK
Took less than 5 minutes and worked fine. Note, read the instructions clearly as it can only be used once.

Last edited:
I've been trying for a while now to unlock a DMR-EZ48. I downloaded the .ccf file provided by VIRUS and imported the codes into a universal remote control MX-900. No luck so far. I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I've got a Panasonic DMR E50 DVD Recorder (region 2) that I'd dearly love to make multi region. I've searched through this entire thread/site but can't find anything for this specific model. I'm not very technical and was planning to buy one of those chipped remotes as the easiest option, but a lot of posters here say they only work once!!! Is this true? I don't want to pay £20+ for a remote and be ripped off like that. Can anyone help? I'm a novice and any advice would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom

Hi TG2,

When I've said in my posts they only work once, that is to say to make sure you do the procedure correctly, because if you don't you can not use it again, if you read the instructions carefully there is no problem. Obviously once you've done it it is permanent.

Took me less than five minutes and had no problems. One thing to note, when I did it, it set all my players settings to default, so if you have for example your TV set rgb you may have change it so you can see your player then set your player to rgb and then your TV and set your player to your preferences.

You can by remote hacks that can be used more than once, but they are a bit more expensive.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for that Sleepyhollow

I'm a little over my head with this stuff and ideally I'd like a remote I can use a few times in case I mess up the first time. Dvdcodes.net reckon their remote can be used 8 times. Of course anyone can promise anything online, but that doesn't guarantee its true. How do I know I can trust these sellers before I part with my money? Can you or anyone else recommend a reliable source?

Again, any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom

TG2,
I can't comment on Dvdcodes.net having never used them only DVDChips. Have you tried a google search for peoples opinions?
If you don't want to go down the remote hack route your only option is to have it chipped, which will be much more expensive!

Sleepyhollow thanks again for your help.

I've done some research and come to the conclusion that dvdcodes.net are to be avoided like a leper with bubonic plague. It seems most of these sellers are not to be trusted. You say you used dvdchips and give them thumbs up, so they may be my best option. Its just the fact that I can only use their remote once that worries me. As I said, I'm not very technical, and if I mess up first time I'm screwed.

Anyway thanks again

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom