Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, this is my first post but I've been a lurker for a few years now. I have tried unsuccessfully to make my player region free. here are my attempts so far:

my dvd player is: sa-pt450
I went and bought a kameleon urc-8308
I programmed the remote for the player using the code 1834. All previous posts seem to be using 0490 but that wouldn't work for me:(.

I then programmed the 10 codes via the keymagic setup.
checked and re-checked, but it doesn't work for me at all. the only thing that i notice is that when I press key 5 I get "remote1" on the display of the player. apart from that....Nada.
I know that I can but a chipped remote, but I wont out of principle. its not a money thing...I just paid 35 quid for a remote just to try this hack. This is a knowledge community and people freely offer advice and help. If that knowledge is to be bought and bartered who knows where if will end up..." I know why your setup has X problem...pay me 12.99 via email and ill tell you the solution"....you get the idea.
Im just mentioning it because i dont want someone to refer me to those chipped remotes people.

So, has anyone had success with a sa-pt450 with a 4in1 remote?

Regards

T.

Son_T did it for me - Harmony 785 & now multi region BD30.

Thanks Son_T!:)

Speaking of the Panasonic L50, I have one which I bought in HK many many years ago. It was PAL region 3 but converted to region-free when I bought it.

However, one day it suddenly reverted back to its original region setting. Any idea how I can make it region free again?

Hi Justin@UH,
You said in a post a few months ago that:
"L50s are over 10 years old and based on a differnt design. They can only be modded via a hardware mode (chip) or a special firmware dvd. If its Region 1 as you stated, then its not PAL, its NTSC only and this age of Region 1 Panasonic has no PAL video memory so it will never read a PAL disc, even if you made it multiregion."

I have an older Panasonic DVD player. It is a SA-HT67. As far as I can find, there is no region hack for this model. And I have read all 45 pages of this thread. I could get a newer, better player, but this is a challenge. I'm a firmware engineer, and I have no doubt that eventually I will get it. I have updated the firmware, and have found info (from Virus) on taking that upgrade disk, and disassembling the code. Hopefully this will lead me to a solution for this model that may help others. Anyway, I have a Chinese disk that I am fairly sure is region free, although it is PAL, and it won't play on my system. My question for you is: is this only because my player is missing this PAL video ram? It says "No Play" on the front panel when I try to play the disk. A company called JVB Digital has a memory upgrade kit for "older Panasonic players" to enable them to play PAL disks. I have emailed them asking if my player is one of those. I havn't heard back yet. If it is, I really just want to know what kind of memory chips are needed. (We probably carry them in stock at my company.) I'm guessing if I disassemble the player, I'll find a place on a board with components missing where the chips need to go. Any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated. I have searched on Google and many other forums and have not found much useful information.

Hi all,

Same as Taliesin, have been looking for some time. I needed a DVD-r that could take firewire and be region free. From this forum DMR-EZ27 seem to cover all the bases and be unlocked. But when I got it home first, my Treo 650 couldn't. I followed the http://www.dcevolution.net/

I also skipped my IBM T60p -according to this forum- and tried with a Dell D820 laptop. Found the right setting, created a boot disk, played with the bios setting and ran the program. Only thing that happened is the DVD changed channels. No region 2. :confused:

I then tried another Treo, 680 this time and remote control installed and macro worked fine. Same result. I even checked the IR sender with an IR camera to see if there was any output. The DVD changed channels, but no "Hello". No region 2 :mad:
Am I doing something wrong or is my EZ27 sick?
Do I have to shell out some more dough and get a universal remote? Will that work?
:lease: help. I'm loosing my mind and the kids are getting really tested on their patience skills since they can't see their Danish DVD collection.

Besides the region problem the DVD works fine.
Thanks in advance guys!!
Pansur

Hi All, I've read as much of this forum as I can and I can't tell whether or not there's a simple remote control solution to unlocking the regions on an SC-PT460. Can anyone help me?

Hi son_t

I have a Logitech Harmony 895 and a Panasonic DMR-EX87
I am not sure i understand what you mean by
"Login to the region free hack account (using Harmony client software)" ?
I have tried to log into the homepage using the Harmony Client software issued with the remote.
I have not been able to make it work though
Please can you help ?

gemik

No problems guys...

So anyone with a Logitech Harmony 520, 525, 555, 668, 785, 880 or 855 remote§ with a Panasonic device that is known to be able to be made region free with the codes from this post, then PM me and I'll send the details of the account for the device with the codes programmed in to the 1 to 9 and 0 buttons.

Below is a list of Panasonic devices that work so far:
DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player
DMR-EZ27 DVD recorder
DVD-S53 DVD player
DVD-S54 DVD player
DMR-EH57 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EH67 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX77 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX87 HDD/DVD recorder

The region free hack procedure:

* Login to the region free hack account (using Harmony client software)
* Update your remote (this will wipe out existing setup)
* Select the only device on the remote (the Panny device with the hack)
* Switch your player on without a disc in
* Point the remote at the player and press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 in that order
* The player should then reset and be region free, if not, try the process again.

§Looks like the profile will work with any Harmony remote... just accept the change of remote number when updating it.

Good Luck! Leave a :smashin:THANKS if it works for you! :) Press the THANKS button over there, below ---->
--

Hi, new to forums. :hiya:

I have a SA-MT1 home theatre system and have read that cannot unlock it with own remote. If i can use a kameleon 6 universal remote, can anyone confirm which codes work with that?

Cheers

Ned

Panasonic DMR-ES20D Region Hack

I went to Argos and bought the One for all 6 (URC 7562)
Catalogue code 535/6209 £19.99

The user manual was wrong because it tells you to enter a 3 digit code when it only accepts 5 digits.
If you have another one for all remote, it may need the 3 digit codes, simply use the 5 digit codes below but remove the first two 0. So 00191 would be 191

If I say the DVD button blinks twice, it must do this, if it does not you must try the sequence again and again until it does blink twice.

prepare:
1. select dvd device on remote
2. hold magic button until the DVD button blinks twice
3. enter device code 0490 (DVD button blinks twice)

program buttons with the following codes:

1. 00191
2. 00120
3. 00065
4. 00180
5. 00143
6. 00155
7. 00122
8. 00117
9. 00129
0. 00123

1. hold magic button until the DVD button blinks twice
2. press 994 (DVD button blinks twice)
3. press magic
4. enter 5 digit code from above
5. press button (1,2,3 etc..) where to program it (DVD button blinks twice)
6. repeat steps 1 to 5 for all keys.

Switch on DVD player, make sure theirs no disc in it.
Press the One For All Remote buttons in the following sequence
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0

Then simply wait until the Panasonic makes it self region free (takes a minute or two).
When its finished it will not actually tell you its region free, just simply try it with different region DVDs.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just tried this process on a Panasonic DVD S33 using a 'One For All' universal remote that I happened to have and it worked great. Just make sure you follow the many steps in the process and make sure you use the five digital code ... not the three digits.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi son_t

I have a Logitech Harmony 895 and a Panasonic DMR-EX87
I am not sure i understand what you mean by
"Login to the region free hack account (using Harmony client software)" ?
I have tried to log into the homepage using the Harmony Client software issued with the remote.
I have not been able to make it work though
Please can you help ?

gemik

Best to PM me... I have a 'shared' profile username and password to use with the client sofitware... I asked Harmony to put in the device (for the hack) along time ago. They said they would but never did. So I've set up this shared profile with the device hack programmed, so you just login to this account and update your remote and then activate the hack... PM me for the username and password...

Hi,

I did just apply the patch "Sending the IR code with an PocketPC" on my Panasonic DMR-EH575, but something is not working too fine.

My standard region is "2" and I am now - after using the patch RCE - able to play other regions as well. However, accessing the DVDs takes now up to 1 minute (compared to maybe ten seconds before) and some of my "region 2" DVDs cannot be accessed at all anymore (error message "unable to read" after the player tried to access them for more than one minute).

I did reset the setting with the IR code patch to "DEF" (I guess that means "Default") and it is now working in standard mode again, but not playing my several RC1/3 DVDs anymore, of course.

Does anybody know this problem and has an idea how to solve it? After applying the patch, I want to be able to see all DVDs and not some of them!?

(One small different question: Does anyone know, which percentage of DVDs is in fact RCE-protected nowadays)

Thanks in advance for any support on this issue.

Regards
Maro

I have a SA-HT545 and bought a remote hack off eBay after reading the reviews.
It cost £15 inc p/p and took less than 5 minutes to do. Works a treat, although you do have to redo all your settings i.e. picture format, video output. But make sure you read the instructions first as it can only be used once, there are others out there that can be used continuously.

i can confirm that this hack works on the new blu ray players, DMP-BD35 & DMP-BD55 for DVD playback

i used a OFA Kameleon URC-8206 and a panasonic DVD PLAYER handset.

Cheers
Adam

Hi All, I've read as much of this forum as I can and I can't tell whether or not there's a simple remote control solution to unlocking the regions on an SC-PT460. Can anyone help me?

Hi folks.

I've just bought this system, did you ever find out if there is a multi-region hack?

Cheers!

hello Son-T,

I have read your post regarding the process to crack the region code for panasonic DMP-BD30 bluray player.
i actualy own a Logitech Harmony One universal remote controller and was wondering if its ok to try to crack it using H-One and will that be usefull for bluray discs as well as normal DVDs.

and all i gotta do is start my logitech interface and add the panasonic player DVD-RFH
and after installing the device i should point the remote to my bluray device and press in order 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 buttons????

is there anyother steps i should be following and is there any sideeffects to my player that i should be aware?

thnx for your assist and time

cheers
burak

vormulac

The remote hack I bought from ebay covers your SC-PT460. Read my post above.

vormulac

The remote hack I bought from ebay covers your SC-PT460. Read my post above.

Cheers Sleepyhollow, if there are no ill effects from using one of those I might head over to the 'bay and take a punt.

V.

vormulac
I've had no problems, if you do go that route make sure you read the instructions carefully as mine could only be used once.

Thanks Sleepyhollow, as it happens I spoke to the Panasonic bods about enabling the multi-region and they're going to bring round their special remote and do it for me when they deliver the new telly :)

I can confirm the hack shown below works on the new Panasonic BD35 Blu Ray player for DVD playback, I presume it will also work for the BD55 too.

I did it using an old One for All - URC 8305 Kameleon 5.

Just a couple of points to note when using the Kameleon.

1. Use the Key-Magic button and not the code 994.

2. The buttons on the Kameleon are very sensitive and it's easy to press the buttons for too long once you have programmed and send the same code twice. For this reason I set the 1-0 key press sequence up as a Macro on the RED button and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Nick

prepare:
1. select DVD device on remote

1. 00191
2. 00120
3. 00065
4. 00180
5. 00143
6. 00155
7. 00122
8. 00117
9. 00129
0. 00123

2. press 994 (DVD button blinks twice) (KeyMagic on a Kameleon)
3. press magic
6. press ESC on the Kameleon
7 repeat steps 1 to 6 for all keys.

If all works ok the Blu Ray player will reboot
When its finished it will not actually tell you its region free, just simply try it with different region DVDs.

I can confirm the hack shown below works on the new Panasonic BD35 Blu Ray player for DVD playback, I presume it will also work for the BD55 too.

I did it using an old One for All - URC 8305 Kameleon 5.

Just a couple of points to note when using the Kameleon.

1. Use the Key-Magic button and not the code 994.

2. The buttons on the Kameleon are very sensitive and it's easy to press the buttons for too long once you have programmed and send the same code twice. For this reason I set the 1-0 key press sequence up as a Macro on the RED button and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Nick

prepare:
1. select DVD device on remote

1. 00191
2. 00120
3. 00065
4. 00180
5. 00143
6. 00155
7. 00122
8. 00117
9. 00129
0. 00123

2. press 994 (DVD button blinks twice) (KeyMagic on a Kameleon)
3. press magic
6. press ESC on the Kameleon
7 repeat steps 1 to 6 for all keys.

If all works ok the Blu Ray player will reboot

This Hack works like a charm for DMR-EX98V

:clap:

:smashin:
No problems guys...

Worked fine with BD30K and Harmony 880!! Thanks, Son_T!
Only one minor issue, some Pal discs from China does not work in my US_code BD30... Anyone have solutions??

James

So anyone with a Logitech Harmony 520, 525, 555, 668, 785, 880 or 855 remote§ with a Panasonic device that is known to be able to be made region free with the codes from this post, then PM me and I'll send the details of the account for the device with the codes programmed in to the 1 to 9 and 0 buttons.

Below is a list of Panasonic devices that work so far:
DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player
DMR-EZ27 DVD recorder
DVD-S53 DVD player
DVD-S54 DVD player
DMR-EH57 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EH67 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX77 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX87 HDD/DVD recorder

The region free hack procedure:

* Login to the region free hack account (using Harmony client software)
* Update your remote (this will wipe out existing setup)
* Select the only device on the remote (the Panny device with the hack)
* Switch your player on without a disc in
* Point the remote at the player and press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 in that order
* The player should then reset and be region free, if not, try the process again.

§Looks like the profile will work with any Harmony remote... just accept the change of remote number when updating it.

Good Luck! Leave a :smashin:THANKS if it works for you! :) Press the THANKS button over there, below ---->
--

Just made my Panasonic DMR-EX87EB DVD HD Recorder region Free using the IR port on my laptop. Nice one, made a real difference. Just need to work out how to turn off DRM detection so that I can record "on-demand" programs from my cable provider now!

So just to confirm this hack works on the Panasonic DMR-EX77EB & The DMR-EX87EB player.

Again many thanks

Hi,
I was trying to hack a Panasonic DMR-EZ47V (bought in the USA) with a laptop having a IR port (with the special boot CD). The DVD recorder didn't see any command (button 1, button2 etc.). The IR port can be configured as mode SIR or FIR (I was in FIR), IRQ select (mine is 3), DMA select (mine is 1). I supose that the IR port configuration should match the one of the DVD recorder. Do you know if changing the IR port configuration may help? Many thanks, Liviu

Just made my Panasonic DMR-EX87EB DVD HD Recorder region Free using the IR port on my laptop. Nice one, made a real difference. Just need to work out how to turn off DRM detection so that I can record "on-demand" programs from my cable provider now!

So just to confirm this hack works on the Panasonic DMR-EX77EB & The DMR-EX87EB player.

Again many thanks

Which page of this thread has the instructions for this?

(sorry)

Ta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom