Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I've read quite a bit in this thread (admittedly not 41 pages, but a good chunk) and haven't found any mention of the SC-HT880, I can play some R1 DVDs but am having problems with some R1 DVDs with RCE. Any ideas?

Thanks to son_t!
The hack worked with Harmony 855 on Panasonic DVD-S54.

Hello son_t

I bought Harmony 525 and would like to hack my Panasonic DMR-EH67. I really appreciate work you'v done. Please share your knowledge with me.

All the best

No problems guys...

So anyone with a Logitech Harmony 520, 525, 555, 668, or 855 remote with a Panasonic device that is known to be able to be made region free with the codes from this post, then PM me and I'll send the details of the account for the device with the codes programmed in to the 1 to 9 and 0 buttons.

Below is a list of Panasonic devices that work so far:
DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player
DMR-EZ27 DVD recorder
DVD-S53 DVD player
DVD-S54 DVD player
DMR-EH57 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX77 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX87 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EZ47V DVD/VHS recorder

The region free hack procedure:

* Login to the region free hack account
* Update your remote
* Select the only device on the remote
* Switch your player on without a disc in
* Point the remote at the player and press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 in that order
* The player should then reset and be region free, if not, try the process again.

Good Luck! Leave a THANKS if it works for you! :)
--

I am having a serious problem here...And for once my engineering brain is not working the way I want it to!

I have read the forum from front to back and have yet to figure out which codes apply to me. I have a One for All URC-8810 remote and a DMR-EZ485V DVD/VHS player. I need to make the DVD portion of the player region free so I can watch the DVD's I had purchased in Germany. (I'm in Texas at the moment)

Does anyone have any idea which unlock codes work for me?

Also I have tried the programming of the One 4 All remote to my DVD player, that works fine. I also tried to program the numbers to the 10 3-digit codes. Whenever I try to enter these codes it always thinks I am trying to change the channel. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Best to PM me... ;) (And make sure you can receive PMs back...)

son_t Thank you worked a treat, Just to add a remote to the list worked with my Harmony 785 no problems.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

I tried it about 20 times until i got it right. If the sequence was not right the player just respondend as it usualy does to the keys pressed. I don't think it will damage the player if you try but thats just my opinion.

I also have a DMR-ES15 and I used my Palm Tungsten T along with Omniremote to enter the complete sequence. After that, the receiver just rebooted itself (I tried that twice and verified that this was due to what I was doing) and I tried to play a DVD in PAL format and it was not accepted.

Is this "region free" hack limited to NTSC format discs (in my case, my player is Region 1).

Thanks!

-GandalfPR

Hi

Is there a firmware hack for Panasonic
DMR-ES10? Or can I use one for another model.

The model I have is a recorder.

Chris

Hello,

I have a US model DMR-EZ47v that I have been trying to make region free. I have used the boot CD with Winsamp, and entered the codes about 100 times with no luck. I know my COM port is set correctly and I am getting a signal because my player does see Buttons 2 (as 6), 7(as 8),8 (as 1) and 10 (as 4). I never get the Hello message and I even after rebooting I can't play the DVD's I have. I am using a newer Dell (620) and realize that maybe this is a problem as other posts indicate success using older laptops. But why are my signals registering then? When I have entered all 10 codes, it ends up on channel 4-3. Also, my dvd player always says NO DISC, but it still shows a TV Picture (local channel TV), even though it is in DVD Mode. I can't get it to just be on the DVD screen and say no disc. Has anybody had similar experiences with this player?

I have also tried firmware from Feb 08 and April 08.

Any help would be appreciated! Should I just go buy the Kameleon???:lease:

THANKS!!!!

Someone please help! I'm going crazy trying to get this damn thing to be region free.

I've got the Panny DMR-EX87 (UK model, region 2) and am trying to unlock it with the PSP as the laptop wouldn't work for it and the others don't have IR. I've got the software on the PSP, and and files and it is sending signals to the player, and when I enter the keys in sequence it appears as though it's rebooting (Says HELLO for a min or so and goes back to normal) however it hasn't unlocked it at all!! It's done nothing.

All the guides say to switch the player to DVD and that it will then show noDisc the entire way through mine doesn't. The moment there is no disc, it switched to the HDD, and if I turn it back to DVD it just continues to play TV and not display noDisc, so it is just not working.

PLEASE can you help!? Thanks

Hey Guys,

Need a little help with my SC-HT540 Panasonic Home Theatre. I've recently got my boyfriend to take the above product to get it made region free. It's come back, (I think region free) but doesn't seem to work like it used to. As it's a home cinema I've got the surround sound linked to my tv and other products, eg. PS3 and I can't use the surround sound for these aspects anymore as the selector button does absolutely nothing. There's no hello/wait/loading/goodbye screens, probably to be expected with the lack of regions, yet the remote has little use at all now. The power button works okay, and the enter button and volume but apart from that - nothing.

I've even gone so far as to download the official firmware from panasonic again and burnt it to a disc to get back my precious panasonic how it once was, however, since my player has been back with me the buttons on the player or the remote won't work so when I put the firmware disc in and it prompts the answer to "Do you want to update? Yes or No.... I can't move across to the left to select Yes.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I really don't wanna have to take it back to that shop...

I don't even care about the region free hack anymore - just want my surround sound to work with my tv.

Thanks,
Sarah :uk:

Hi,
Has anyone had any luck with an SC-PT560 system, I'd like to try it using either a PDA(Dell AXIM x51) or maybe getting a Harmony remote, as they look useful, my wife would certainly appreciate a 'watch tv' or watch'dvd' button.
Would Son_t's harmony solution or the PDA /generic panasonic multiregion/RCE method work on this model?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Need a little help with my SC-HT540 Panasonic Home Theatre. I've recently got my boyfriend to take the above product to get it made region free. It's come back, (I think region free) but doesn't seem to work like it used to. As it's a home cinema I've got the surround sound linked to my tv and other products, eg. PS3 and I can't use the surround sound for these aspects anymore as the selector button does absolutely nothing. There's no hello/wait/loading/goodbye screens, probably to be expected with the lack of regions, yet the remote has little use at all now. The power button works okay, and the enter button and volume but apart from that - nothing.

I've even gone so far as to download the official firmware from panasonic again and burnt it to a disc to get back my precious panasonic how it once was, however, since my player has been back with me the buttons on the player or the remote won't work so when I put the firmware disc in and it prompts the answer to "Do you want to update? Yes or No.... I can't move across to the left to select Yes.

Does anyone know how I can do this? I really don't wanna have to take it back to that shop...

I don't even care about the region free hack anymore - just want my surround sound to work with my tv.

Thanks,
Sarah :uk:

I think these are your options:
1, Get yer BF to get you a replacement as he broke it!
2, Take it to the shop, not saying what BF's done, and say it is not working properly and demonstrate. Get them to fix or replace it...
3, Try using the buttons on the front to see if you can get on to YES.
4, Forget surround sound - it's overated ;)

I think these are your options:
1, Get yer BF to get you a replacement as he broke it!
2, Take it to the shop, not saying what BF's done, and say it is not working properly and demonstrate. Get them to fix or replace it...
3, Try using the buttons on the front to see if you can get on to YES.
4, Forget surround sound - it's overated ;)

NONE OF THE ABOVE. :eek:

When performing the update on a SCHT it resets the unit back to factory settings, as if you just bought it and took it out of the box. You just need to set it back up how it was, refer to the user manual.

Nothing else.

Has the Panasonic SC BT-100 been sucessfully multi regioned yet?
:lease:

Hi First time poster, and i only want to send a pm to son_t to get his solution. Cheeky maybe, but i'm sure no one will mind. :O)
Thanks all.

Just a follow-on from son t really.
Yes, the DMR-EZ27 CAN be region-hacked with the URC-7562.
The only thing that I would add, is that the 3-digit codes must be prefaced by '00', at least on the remote that I bought.
So, procedure is:
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00191 1 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00120 2 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00065 3 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00180 4 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00143 5 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00155 6 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00122 7 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00117 8 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00129 9 (hold down) (2 blinks)
HOLD MAGIC (2 blinks) PRESS MAGIC (1 blink) 00123 0 (hold down) (2 blinks)

Turn on dvd recorder without disc and turn to AV1.
Press DVD, then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 consectutively and wait for the recorder to reset.
Machine should say 'hello' and will then play non-Region 2 discs.

Hi, I have tried following these instructions with the URC-7562, but I seem to have a problem. When it comes to hold down the key that the code is assigned to, it never ever blinks twice. The only time I get a double blink is with holding down Magic. What am I doing wrong? :lease:

Son_t -- You sir are a genius, a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks very much :clap:

Hey guys well I have sat here this morning and read through all of these posts looking for a crack to multi region my Panasonic SC-PT550 system, but with no luck :confused: So I figured seeing as I have only had the unit 3 months I would call Panasonic's customer helpline here in New Zealand.

Have to say they were very helpful indeed when I told them I was dissatisfied that I couldnt play my DVD collection because it wasnt Multi Region capable blah blah. They suggested I take the unit to my nearest Panasonic service agent here who would make it multi region at no cost to me under warranty !!! RESULT !!!:thumbsup:

So anyone contemplating buying one of these dodgy remotes that I have read about this morning that tend not to work very succesfully DONT ! Call Panasonic first, who knows they may do it for free in your country too !!.

Keep up the good work guys.

Son_t account worked perfectly for my panny BD30 with my harmony 555
Thanks to him.
Laurent.

Last edited:
:lease: I have a Panasonic DVD 4 head stereo Hi-Fi DVD player model #PV-D4743S I cannot get it to play the DVD of 2008 opening ceremony of the olympics. I have no idea how to enter the codes I printed earlier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Marie

Hello,
I used remote codes that I saw in this thread with a OneForAll 7730 on my Panasonic DMR-EX87 and it's okay until the dvd player says "hello" but after I can't read region 1 dvd.

Actually the remote seems to have problems because when I press "1" it doesn't put the chanel one and when I press "2" it puts the chanel 6. However I used the code 0490 to program the remote for my Panasonic dvd player.

Should I turn on the dvd player when I try to put my dvd player region free ?

Thanks for your help :)

son_t is a legend! Made my EH57 region free easy as with my Harmony 525 using the details/account that he provided. Thanks son_t.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom