Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, like many others, can vouch for son_t's hack. Worked brilliantly with a DMR EX75, using my Harmony 525.
:clap:

Hi there, from browsing the forum did I get right:
- no hacks for the Panasonic SA/SC - PT models (I have an SA-PT950)
- requires chipped remote

Where could I get a working remote, am a little scared about spammers from Uk which seems to offer working chipped remotes.

All help much appreciated!
cstf

Could someone either pm me or list out the steps to make the dvd part of the Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player region free please.

Hi Everyone. I downloaded the file with the step-by-step screenshots from the german forum and translated it to english and added some text to make it easier to understand. I hope it's ok to repost it here (there was no copyright in the material, so I guess, it's ok, right?
The link to the .pdf file is http://www.hejdo.wz.cz/Panasonic-DMR-EX85-Regionfree.pdf

I also attached it to this post, so it would be easier for people to get hold of it.:)
Thanks for this, I spent ages trying to use my N95 and irremote, several versions of tv remote controller on PPC and a couple of laptops with IR!

Installed Novii on PPC, worked through the pdf, taking about 5 minutes and then took a couple of seconds to make the BD30 Bluray player multiregion. Tested fine with R1, R1 RCE and R2.

I'd recommend anyone with a PPC to try this method, it works!!!

Any words on this one?

Where could I get a working remote, am a little scared about spammers from Uk which seems to offer working chipped remotes.

All help much appreciated!
cstf

Yes thats correct, see the "looking for a hack - start here" sticky or read this thread from the begining for conformation. Theres plenty of posts on this forum about various chipped remote suppliers, theres even the the forum sponsor banner at the bottom of each page for chipped remotes! For example if you read the threads before posting you`d see that just a few posts back on this very thread there was a member mentioning using a chipped remote to resolve their problems:

Hi,
problem's solved by a multiregionugrades.com kit :thumbsup:
Thanks, Antonio

am a little scared about spammers from Uk which seems to offer working chipped remotes.

With regards to your comments about people from the UK apparently being spammers with chipped remotes, sorry but what are you on about? Where is this spamming you refer to, theres only comments from people whom have used said remotes? No-one on this forum has done this spamming you refer to that I`ve seen. This thread discusses the FREE hacks that can be done yourselves for some Panasonic models. :suicide:

Thanks to son_t! The hack worked for me with Harmony 555 on Panasonic DVD-S53.

With regards to your comments about people from the UK apparently being spammers with chipped remotes, sorry but what are you on about? Where is this spamming you refer to, theres only comments from people whom have used said remotes? No-one on this forum has done this spamming you refer to that I`ve seen. This thread discusses the FREE hacks that can be done yourselves for some Panasonic models. :suicide:

First of all thanks for your statement! That helped.

There have been many bad comments and even investigations as far as I remember in this thread on http://www.dvdcodes.net/ so that is the reason I am a little hesitant to just order at any place a chipped remote.

There have been many bad comments and even investigations as far as I remember in this thread on http://www.dvdcodes.net/ so that is the reason I am a little hesitant to just order at any place a chipped remote.

So because one site has a bad reputation, you assume that all UK suppliers are spammers or are troublesome? Not to mention the fact no-ones spammed anything on here anyway so why state that in the first place? Read the earlier threads, search the forums, do a google search, theres many, many reputable places that have supplied modifications for many many years, including the forum sponsor below.

At the end of the day, if you want to mod your model you don`t really have much choice you need a clone of the factory remote and theres plenty of posts on earlier pages where you can obtain these that work.

So because one site has a bad reputation, you assume that all UK suppliers are spammers or are troublesome? Not to mention the fact no-ones spammed anything on here anyway so why state that in the first place? Read the earlier threads, search the forums, do a google search, theres many, many reputable places that have supplied modifications for many many years, including the forum sponsor below.

At the end of the day, if you want to mod your model you don`t really have much choice you need a clone of the factory remote and theres plenty of posts on earlier pages where you can obtain these that work.

Wow, you seem mad now;) Thanks anyhow for your help and relax:thumbsup:

Ah, another thing, why are these remotes only sold from the UK, is that a legal problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've successfully taken the disc and made a bootable CD ISO image ... anyone wanting it drop me a PM for a link
I want to send you a PM, but I'm not aloud because I have not posted enough posts. I'm looking for a hack to make my DMR-EH57 region free and your cd iso image sounds like the soulution, but I need the link to it. Do i need any detailed information on how to make it work or is it easy with the iso image?

Thanks.

Hi,

I tried searching the forums and read through this thread but cannot find if the portable Panasonic LS86 can be hacked for multiregions. I want to purchase this player because of the long battery life but want to know if I will be able to crack it or not. Any one knows?

Thanks

Anything on this one guys?

whoooo ! Wait up dudes ! I got a remot chip device from multiregion (after waiting two weeks for delivery) and have followed instructions meticulously. It does not work. Now my Sony 78 does not play anything and has shut down !"!!! So much for reliable sites and chipped remotes. Now I'm mad as hell !:mad:

:thumbsup: I am happy to say that the hack described in this post also works for the new Panasonic DMR-EZ48 which I got today. I just followed the instructions from
http://www.dcevolution.net/panasonic

I used an Dell Inspiron laptop (with IR port) as a substitute for a universal remote control. The tips provided by maytrees in post #361 above were also useful, especially the one about checking that COM2 is set to InfraRed in the BIOS.

Everything worked well (after one failed attempt) and I can now play my Region 1 DVDs again.

Thanks to everyone for the info.

It's not mentioned if anyone has tried this on a harmony 885, nor on a Panasonic EX47V, however if i can get the files then i'm prepared to give it a shot :)

Paul

Has anyone successfully got the Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player region free. I followed the instructions on the dcevolutions website and using a laptop/boot disk but no joy

It's not mentioned if anyone has tried this on a harmony 885, nor on a Panasonic EX47V, however if i can get the files then i'm prepared to give it a shot :)

Paul

Have just tried this out on my Panasonic DMR-EZ47V with Harmony 885 remote. Because this is also a Video and Digital TV machine i thought there might be some problems, so i just made sure it was set to "dvd" and then hit the buttons 1-0 straight one after another.

I got a couple of squigley lines on the screen for 2 seconds, the machine rebooted with the "hello" screen on the unit itself....

Have tried Region 1 and Region 3 dvd's (it's a naitive Region 2 unit), and all seems to play fine :)

Many thanks to son_t for the file and for the info. Now i can watch all those R1 dvd's i have :)

Paul

I know this is an old model and previously there has been no definitive hack, but wondered if anyone had come up with a hack for a Panasonic L50. It is a PAL Region 1 - I need region 4 or free. Have tried Virus's CCF file on my pocket PC - didn't work

I know this is an old model and previously there has been no definitive hack, but wondered if anyone had come up with a hack for a Panasonic L50. It is a PAL Region 1 - I need region 4 or free. Have tried Virus's CCF file on my pocket PC - didn't work

L50s are over 10 years old and based on a differnt design. They can only be modded via a hardware mode (chip) or a special firmware dvd. If its Region 1 as you stated, then its not PAL, its NTSC only and this age of Region 1 Panasonic has no PAL video memory so it will never read a PAL disc, even if you made it multiregion. Not really worth bothering with it TBH if its a Region 1 machine.

Thanks Justin. It took me a while to find out which region it was - but luckily my brother-in-law had imported Stargate SGI Series 10 from the States in PAL format. Bought unit second-hand - I was just looking for an easy inexpensive fix, sounds like there isn't one. Cheers anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I just bought a PT860 system, is there a region hack for this available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom