Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help with the unlocking of my pana EH-67. I have the Harmony 525 but cannot find the DVD-RFH device in the datbase.

Thanks

Just to confirm that with the help on son_t I was able to muti-zone my EH-67 with a harmony 525 remote.

Now I am trying to multizone my panasonic LS-86. Any ideas out there?

Thanks,

Hi all, new to the forums, been lurking a while.
I've been trying to multiregion a DMR-EZ27 using a OFA Kameleon URC-8305.
Somehow, the 5 digit codes this remote uses are different to the 3 digit codes posted earlier in this thread (i've tried adding two zero's at the start).
For instance, the 3 digit code for button '8' is 122 (or 00122) but on my kameleon it's 00023.
After going through most of 0-255, i've built a table of a few button codes to try and find if there's a relation between the codes but it seems not.
Here's the table of the unlock sequence with the 3 digit codes and some of the 5 digit codes i've found:
http://bobzee.multiservers.com/ofakam.htm

As you can see, there are some blanks i'm having trouble with.
I've put a table of the digits 0-9 and their codes so anyone can check to see if there's a link i'm missing.

Any help appreciated!

I don't understand why one file has been downloaded more than the other when both files are needed to extract the ISO....lol:oops:

I'm guessing that's because the PAn.part2.rar file is messed up (tried downloading 6 times with ie and firefox and unzipping with 7zip, winzip etc) but doesn't unzip properly, just get errors. I think that's why everyone now seems to be using the pda method with ccf file.

Unfortunately my mitac mio p550 doesn't like the tvremote program (crashes when try and send codes), I do however have a dell d600 laptop, can someone send me the contents of the second rar file and I'll try the pc method (I'm guessing this contains winsamp and the txt file?), would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Ok thank you, we'll see if someone reports it still can help.
Oder kann ich mit dir auf deutsch schreiben?

Hi All,

I know im prob more of a pain then a help, but looking for help...

Ive had a look over the subject and confused about this one...

Have a DVD-S53 and looking to region free the unit, but having trouble following how to do this. I have an Australian version of the unit if that makes any difference...

As for devices I have a Palm (HTC) WM6 device, as well as a ASUS Notebook which has IR via USB...

I have downloaded the 2x Pana rsr files (PAn.part1.rar and PAn.part2.rar), also the Panasonic Region DVD hack.rar files... Not sure however when I try to unzip the part1 and part2 files they appear to be the same???

Following this, Im not sure how to get the crack to transmit via a usb based IR device (when using the Notebook)... If this cant be done, or its easier to use the HTC phone, please advise..

If someone can advise on how to get this working it would be greatly appreciated....

thanks so much!!!

Just read the complete thread. It contains all the information you need.

If that's too much work I suggest buying one of the chipped remotes.

1. Burn the CD from the ISO.
2. Make sure laptop boots from the CD before the HDD
3. Set COM2 to IR in BIOS if not already done.
4. Boot the laptop with the CD
5. Change directory to WINAMP
6. Run WINSAMP
7. Load the text file
8. Have DVD recorder on and no DVD in drive and DVD selected.
9. Point laptop at DVD recorder press enter
10. More cursor to right and wait 5 secs, pless enter again....
11. Continue until all codes transmitted.
12. See Hello on recorder
13. Switch the recorder off via remote
14. Unplug power lead for 10 secs
15. Reconnect power lead and wait until ready
16. Turn on and be happy as multi regional.

Just tried this on my dmr-ex77 but it doesn't work.

set ir to com2 on my dell d600 as it says, ran winsamp from iso file fom this forum, loaded text file as it says to and transmitted all the codes etc.

Definately getting through to the dvd as after each code was sent the DVD player displayed DVD 2 on the screen. Have tried various timings as not too clear from the above ie transmit code, wait 5 secs then transmit next / transmit code, press right then wait 5 secs, wait 5 secs press right, wait 5 secs press enter etc etc, even tried send code, wait until DVD 2 disappears from screen then press right and enter next code etc etc.

Don't get HELLO or anything similar after last code, just get DVD 2 after all 10 codes.

Basically no combination seems to be working, still get the 'can't play this region' error response on r1 dvds.

Anyone got any ideas?? :lease:

Really want to get rid of my other dvd used purely for r1 dvds, can't get the region free to work on the ex77 though and toshiba ep30 doesn't have a region free method yet from the sounds of it.

Also far from happy that panasonic removed divx from the ex77 uk machines! I've got to keep one machine for divx, one for r1 dvds, the ex77 and an ep30 for hd-dvd, got machines all over the place and could have done it with just 2 machines if toshiba/panasonic had got their acts together. :mad:

ps, also tried the PDA method listed here...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5226620&postcount=322

but my PDA is a Mitac Mio P550 (windows mobile 5) and while everything loads OK as soon as I hit the RCE button my PDA crashes (maybe as this tv remote program seems to be written for HP PDAs?)

Anyone got any other ideas?

Would like to get this region free, would maybe consider the rent remote option but seems silly to do so as I already have all the required equipment (dell d600 etc) and I guess the codes sent would be the same so if the laptop idea doesn't work will the remote??

Have retried the d600/winsamp way around 10 times now but it's just not happening :confused:.

Can anyone help before this drives me round the bend? :lease:

no-one got any more ideas then?

the above method certainly doesn't work via a dell d600 laptop, don't have a suitable pda to test with.

anyone anywhere near lincoln who'd be willing to lend a hand/got a programmed up remote I could borrow etc? Would be good to get this unlocked and would be a few quid/beers in it for anyone feeling helpful even if it doesn't work.

Hello Forum,
I have a panasonic DMR-EX87. Yesterday I tried the PC IRDA hack. I created a bootable cd. Copyed winsapm.exe and the remote.txt on it and booted my Toshiba Tecra T9000 with this cd. I started winsamp (sometimes with the C2 =COM port 2 option and somtimes with C1). I followed the instructions but nothing happened. Nor did anything change in the DVD s display during programming neither did it accept US region dvds afterwards (I bought my EX87 in Germnay, it is PAL). I tested the irda interface under WINDOWS (connecting the pc via irda to my mobile phone) and it worked. The bios of the Tecra T9000 has not settings for irda. Maybe irda doesn't work with DOS (bootable cd has a dr dos image). I s there a programm like winsamp that works under WINDOWS (XP)?
Best regards, Antonio

Hello Son_t
I have logitech Harmony 525
Please help me
Thanks

No problems guys...

So anyone with a Logitech Harmony 520, 525, 555 or 668 remote with a Panasonic device that is known to be able to be made region free with the codes from this post, then PM me and I'll send the details of the account for the device with the codes programmed in to the 1 to 9 and 0 buttons.

Below is a list of Panasonic devices that work so far:
DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray Player
DMR-EZ27 DVD recorder
DVD-S53 DVD player
DMR-EH57 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR-EX77 HDD/DVD recorder
DMR EX87 HDD/DVD recorder

The region free hack procedure:

* Login to the region free hack account
* Update your remote
* Select the only device on the remote
* Switch your player on without a disc in
* Point the remote at the player and press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0 in that order
* The player should then reset and be region free, if not, try the process again.

Good Luck! Leave a THANKS if it works for you! :)
--

Hi guys im new here so please forgive me if this is anyway in the wrong place.

I was using the search key to find if there was a hack for the panasonic dvd-s54, couldnt find anything and im not to good with all this just yet. If there is one and i couldnt find it im sorry to bring it up and could someone tell me where? If there isnt could anyone let me know if there is a way of hacking it to be region free? or know if anyone is trying to hack this player?

Thanks anyone who can help, i really appreciate it.

Son_t,

Just needed to make a post so I can PM you (forum rules).

Smurf.

hi guys. can you tell me how to multi region my panny S511 using the kameleon remote?

thanks

I just bought Harmony 555 and it doesn't work yet, will try contacting son_t. :)

FWI;

I bought an S54 in Canda, damn thing is 50% cheaper there...
(According to the pcb it should run on 250v also, i used a transformer.)

Using Pocket PC I succesfully hacked my North American version of the S54.
Playing all my european dvd's like a charm. :)

Is anyone else getting referred to a similar device (dvd-s26) when trying to find the dvd-rfh in the Harmony software?

You need to get in touch with son_t to have the correct user profile in order to download device dvd-rfh

Good luck

Hello Forum,
I have a panasonic DMR-EX87. Yesterday I tried the PC IRDA hack. I created a bootable cd. Copyed winsapm.exe and the remote.txt on it and booted my Toshiba Tecra T9000 with this cd. I started winsamp (sometimes with the C2 =COM port 2 option and somtimes with C1). I followed the instructions but nothing happened. Nor did anything change in the DVD s display during programming neither did it accept US region dvds afterwards (I bought my EX87 in Germnay, it is PAL). I tested the irda interface under WINDOWS (connecting the pc via irda to my mobile phone) and it worked. The bios of the Tecra T9000 has not settings for irda. Maybe irda doesn't work with DOS (bootable cd has a dr dos image). I s there a programm like winsamp that works under WINDOWS (XP)?
Best regards, Antonio

Hi,
problem's solved by a multiregionugrades.com kit :thumbsup:
Thanks, Antonio

Is anyone else getting referred to a similar device (dvd-s26) when trying to find the dvd-rfh in the Harmony software?

Unfortunately, Harmony never put the hack into the central database... even though they said they would. I had to create a profile to share the hack...

You need to get in touch with son_t to have the correct user profile in order to download device dvd-rfh

Good luck

This is the post people need to read: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6167383 before PM-ing me to get the account info...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom