1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DVD players region free hack now available

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Incure, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puosua

puosua Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have a DMR-EX81S Panasonic, use Palm m500 with the trial versoin OmniRemote Professional V2.15 installed, and have followed the Palm method#2 using the instructions posted on Panasonic S42 / S52 / S49 / S295 Info site

My DMR-EX81S is a PAL (Germany) model and now plays region 3 (NTSC) discs perfectly (but WITH the need to change TV System from PAL to NTSC).

I wonder how to play NTSC discs without changing TV output setting with my DMR-EX81S.
  2. jennifermehl

jennifermehl Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

I have a Panasonic DMR-EZ37V (US) DVD recorder/player that I need to make region-free. (My husband is German and we want to show our young twin boys DVDs in German from Germany - in addition to our US DVDs in English - we need RCE/region free so we don't have to buy another new player.)

I have a Harmony 670 remote that I would like to use to do the hack - but I am just not sure what to put in a fresh Harmony profile to program the player. I have the information on what codes to use to hack - from Panasonic DMR-EZ25 region code and Panasonic DMR-EZ45V region code (I believe the EZ45V, EZ37V and EZ25V are very similar).

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction, or give me access to a Harmony profile with this ready to-go.:lease:

thank you!!!
  3. MARK5012

MARK5012 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    help read most of the forum and now lost i have a sc-pt750 can it be unlocked to o region code at the moment it canada region 1 ,or is it easer to copy disc so its 0 coded
  4. Sleepyhollow

Sleepyhollow Member

Ratings:
    +3
    MARK5012
    As I said in a previous post I bought from this company DVD Chips UK
    Took less than 5 minutes and worked fine. Note, read the instructions clearly as it can only be used once.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. greekcs

greekcs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been trying for a while now to unlock a DMR-EZ48. I downloaded the .ccf file provided by VIRUS and imported the codes into a universal remote control MX-900. No luck so far. I must be doing something wrong.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  6. TG2

TG2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

I've got a Panasonic DMR E50 DVD Recorder (region 2) that I'd dearly love to make multi region. I've searched through this entire thread/site but can't find anything for this specific model. I'm not very technical and was planning to buy one of those chipped remotes as the easiest option, but a lot of posters here say they only work once!!! Is this true? I don't want to pay £20+ for a remote and be ripped off like that. Can anyone help? I'm a novice and any advice would be enormously appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom
  7. Sleepyhollow

Sleepyhollow Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi TG2,

When I've said in my posts they only work once, that is to say to make sure you do the procedure correctly, because if you don't you can not use it again, if you read the instructions carefully there is no problem. Obviously once you've done it it is permanent.

Took me less than five minutes and had no problems. One thing to note, when I did it, it set all my players settings to default, so if you have for example your TV set rgb you may have change it so you can see your player then set your player to rgb and then your TV and set your player to your preferences.

You can by remote hacks that can be used more than once, but they are a bit more expensive.

I hope this helps.
  8. TG2

TG2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Sleepyhollow

I'm a little over my head with this stuff and ideally I'd like a remote I can use a few times in case I mess up the first time. Dvdcodes.net reckon their remote can be used 8 times. Of course anyone can promise anything online, but that doesn't guarantee its true. How do I know I can trust these sellers before I part with my money? Can you or anyone else recommend a reliable source?

Again, any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tom
  9. Sleepyhollow

Sleepyhollow Member

Ratings:
    +3
    TG2,
    I can't comment on Dvdcodes.net having never used them only DVDChips. Have you tried a google search for peoples opinions?
    If you don't want to go down the remote hack route your only option is to have it chipped, which will be much more expensive!
  10. TG2

TG2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sleepyhollow thanks again for your help.

I've done some research and come to the conclusion that dvdcodes.net are to be avoided like a leper with bubonic plague. It seems most of these sellers are not to be trusted. You say you used dvdchips and give them thumbs up, so they may be my best option. Its just the fact that I can only use their remote once that worries me. As I said, I'm not very technical, and if I mess up first time I'm screwed.

Anyway thanks again

T
  11. bertieboy1

bertieboy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Top work on this thread. I hacked my DMR-EX768 using Virus's CCF file on Pocket PC.:smashin:

One thing I would say is reset to factory settings and don't connect the aerial to keep it in DVD mode for the hack.
  12. Snap28

Snap28 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,

I have a S33 plus Harmony 525. Anyone can provide a Logitech Account that works with the Harmony 525?

Son_T seems to switch off his PM functions ;)

Thanks guys in advance...
  13. AudidudeNZ

AudidudeNZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have just hacked my new Region 4 Panasonic DMR EH58 to multi region.
    Did this:

1. went to DVDUnlocker.com and bought their product for 9.95USD
    2. bought cheapest OneForAllRemote (7721) - about 10UKP
    3 followed DVDUnlocker software instructions.

Lots cheaper than a re-chip of unit and no loss of warranty.

Worked perfectly first time - Stoked!!

Cheers
  14. rchdggr

rchdggr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will a firmware hack work for Panasonic DMR-E53? I don´t know which firmware to try since I can´t use the pause+open/close+7 sequence to see my current firmware because the player does not have a pause-button on the front panel!

Pressing pause on the remote doesn´t work but there must be some other way to check the current firmware?
  15. usenetz

usenetz Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I have read through this thread and got quite excited when I saw the son_t Working PANASONIC DVD - S53 Hack together with the instructions for using a Logitech Harmony 525 remote.

I have a Panasonic SA-PT550 and a Harmony 525 remote, but it seems the account to use this hack no longer exists and son_t is unavailable via PM.

I have tried updating my Harmony with a number of different Panny DVDs from the Logitech database and tried to set-up the remote as per the above codes, but all to no avail ... so far. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any ideas, other than paying to rent/buy a modded remote, for making my Region 2 machine multi-region?

john
  16. usenetz

usenetz Member

Ratings:
    +109
    I have now set my Panasonic SA-PT550 to region-free using a chipped remote from eBay; it was an absolute cinch to use - one press and Hey Presto!

Thanks to all for an interesting thread here.

john
  17. camronski

camronski Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys! I've read majority of the posts but I'm havin trouble finding the right firmware for my home theater. I have an SC-PT160 Pana home theater but I cannot find the right firmware for it. My firmware is 24D376. Can anyone shed info for this?

Btw, I was able to get my firmware version by pressing the stop and play button on the player and number 7 on the remote since my dvd player doesn't have a pause button.
  18. snaithg

snaithg Active Member

Ratings:
    +253
    Hi,

Just bought a Panasonic BD60, can someone please tell me how I can make the DVD portion of the player "Multiregion".

I have a "Kameleon" remote if needed!

Thanks,
    Graham.
  19. luckylewis

luckylewis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how and where is the magic button on the romote please :confused:
  20. shotokan101

shotokan101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12,202
    Guys - sorry if this has been answered definitively on this thread before - 40+ pages is a lot to look through - is there a non-hardware Mod remote hack available for the elderly Panasonic DVD A360 model ?

Thanks

Jim
  21. vargascago

vargascago Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried the PDA and Palm ccfs for my DMR-ES40V. Does not work. It may be unhackable unless someone has had success with this unit.
    Thanks.
  22. shotokan101

Ratings:
    +12,202
    Which Remote ? - if it's a OFA Kameleon Model I think it's the "Top Hat" Symbol.

Jim
  23. Vic85

Vic85 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Im a bit of a novice with this, but I have recently bought a Panasonic DMR-EZ28, but some of my DVD collection are different regions. I am looking for an unlock code to make it a multi-regional player. I'm sorry if this has already been answered on this thread before, I've searched the site unsuccessfully so far.

Some threads talk about a Magic Button on the remote? Does any one know which it is on this DVD players remote please?

Thanks very much :thumbsup:
  24. shotokan101

Ratings:
    +12,202
    The Magic button used to program direct codes into buttons is NOT on a standard remote - it's a button for this purpose on One For All Universal Remotes that offer custom reprogramming - for oanasonic code see this thread :-

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-players/885440-blu-ray-player-multi-region-hex-codes.html

Jim
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  25. VOLOCHA

VOLOCHA Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HI from Belarus!!!!

I have Panasonic SA-HT895.
    I wish to lose disks of a zone 1 (USA).
    How to make the device region-free?
    Whether the above-stated sequence ( 0082 0015 0089 0004 00F2 0033 0017 0010 0091 0013 )will help?
    Thanks.:lease:
  26. rvio

rvio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I did hack my DVD-S54 with 15-2116 Radio Shack remote control, using JP1 connection to computer and modified codes. The problem is I can right now insert other regions to my DVD, but it plaus just audio no video on HDMI connection to TH-42PZ85U Panasonic Plasma. What is wrong. Before it was message on TV scren "can not play this region", right now the player seams OK, you can hear audio but there is no video?????
  27. banlun

banlun Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I have the panasonic SA-PT870, is there any code (free) to unlock it ?

Thanks for your knowledge.
  28. BAW9DV

BAW9DV Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello All,

Just found this forum and this thread about MultiRegion changes to DVD players. May i join the ranks of those who applaud the folks here who have worked tirelessly to help others achieve these MultiRegion changes on their machines. You people are the tops!

After 2 days of reading 48 pages, I am relieved to hear that at least one of my two DVD machines could be altered. I have a Panasonic DMR-EX95VBES combo machine (VHS/DVD-Recorder/HDD unit) that I am considering altering. I also have a Samsung HT-X200 Home Theatre System which I would definately like to alter if possible. Both of these are hooked up to a Samsung 42" Plasma HDTV with Sky + HD also in the mix. I see that at least one of these two machines - the Panasonic - has already been successfully changed by a member.

My dilema is this - how should I attempt the change.....?

My laptop, is a wireless machine but with no Infra-red so the Winamp/ccf file method cannot be used this way; My mobile phone is a Nokia N95 8GB which is Symbian S60 series compatible and would work with the IRemote Software suggested download, however the software alone costs 19 EUROS for the Full version (as mentioned the trial version will not work) so this method is not actually free so-to-speak.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy to pay for the right method, but with some evidence in this thread about "Chipped Remote" units not actually working and some of them able to be used only once, I'm wondering what the best method is to try to change at least the Samsung (which is a DVD player only and would get the most use for Region 1 and 2 disks) and possibly the Panasonic - although from messages in this thread, it seems that there may be a possibility of losing some of the functions of this unit if I make a mistake.

From common sense, it seems that for around £24, I could buy a Chipped Remote and do it all in one button press.

I'd appreciate comments on whether you good people think that this is, in fact the best way to go.

My kind regards to you all and thanks for any replies.

Best regards,

Lee
    West Sussex UK
  29. shotokan101

Ratings:
    +12,202
    Hi Lee,

If cheapest option IMO for you would probably be a On-For-All 3 Device unit - URC-7030 - which can be found (New) on eBay for about £5 and you can use the OFA Hack Method.

Jim
  30. ljdsam

ljdsam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a One for All URC-7562 remote, and used it a while ago to make my Sony RDR-HXD870 region-free. I've now got a Panasonic LS83 portable player I'd like to make region-free as well. Will these codes work with it, or is there another method?

Or has no-one tried that model yet?

Thanks.

And presumably you use the 5-digit code method.

Tx again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.