1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS to DVD self aware problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by Machine Man, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Machine Man

Machine Man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased a Samsung DVD-VR375 and ended up exchanging it for a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V. It seems that all both of these VHS to DVD recorders seem to have an feature when it notices a blank in the tape, it has to make a chapter and rewind the tape automatically where the blank spot began. I would have no problems with this but the Samsung and the Panasonic both would not rewind the tape far enough cutting 1-2 seconds off the beginning. Is there a way to disable the automatic rewind feature on these machines and just record to dvd from the tape all the way through (blank spots and all, basically an unedited dump)?

I know there is a workaround by hooking up an external VCR and record to the DVD recorder, but I'm trying to avoid buying another VCR player for something that should work the first time.
  2. Gavtech

Gavtech Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Welcome to the forum.

Follow the advanced copy procedure as set out on page 54 of the [ UK Manual ] and follow the sequence there, but pay special attention to point number 5 about setting a copy time.

When a copy time is set, titles are not divided and unrecorded parts are also copied.
  3. Machine Man

Machine Man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an US manual but I went to the UK site and downloaded the pdf of the UK manual. Thanks a lot. I am having another problem, It seems that the US interface is a little different from the picture listed in the manual. I don't see the Copy time that you mentioned. As soon as I press copy mentioned in step 2, It goes to a copy navigator and gives me an option to either copy from DVD to VHS or VHS to DVD. Then it gives me a screen where it only gives me 3 options.

Press REC, to record and finalize after copying completes.
    Press PLAY to copy without finalizing,
    Press STOP to cancel copying.

Grrr. Is there an advance mode that the Panasonic can go into? or is this a feature that the UK one has that the US doesn't have? They mention NTSC right above step one, I think I might be doing something wrong. The interface and the book is mess compared to the Samsung I returned.
  4. Machine Man

Machine Man Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up doing a little more research on the problem. I'm pretty sure the US version doesn't have this feature stated that you mentioned. The UK model has a few minor features and differences that the US model does not have. The Copy Time feature being one of them.
  5. Gavtech

Gavtech Administrator

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Having downloaded the USA manual, I agree with your conclusions, albeit I have no idea why this feature is absented from the American model... and in which case I think you are stuck with the problem unfortunately.