1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR EX 769 DVD recorder not appearing in HD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players' started by Vadhert, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Vadhert

Vadhert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've been trying to help my mum set up her DVD recorder to her TV. She has a new Panasonic 1080p LCD tv and I have connected the DVD unit to the tv via hdmi. Both units talk to each other fine via the viera link however the image is pixelated on the DVD recorder whereas it's clear and sharp on the tv channels. The onscreen menu on the tv is clear and crisp however the onscreen menu on the DVD unit is pixelated. Even watching jpeg photos on the unit results in poor pixelated images.

Is there something I have done glaringly obviously wrong? It only has a standard hdmi cable which I thought should be fine. I have been through the manual and can't find anything that will help.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Vadhert
  2. mentm

mentm Active Member

Ratings:
    +397
    you can try changing the output res to 576i the dvd may have a poor upscaler.
  3. Vadhert

Vadhert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try that next time I'm there but I'm pretty sure I cycled through the output res options when trying to set it up.