Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-BWT700 EB vs. EC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Recorders' started by BreathtakingBlu, Apr 9, 2012.

1. BreathtakingBlu

BreathtakingBlu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    First I must start by thanking you all for the advice and recommendations I have picked up in the last few months while lurking here. Now I have a question to which I have not been able to find the answer.

I am close to buying a Panasonic DMR-BWT700 but the cost here for the spanish version (700EC) is around €540 online versus about €365 for the british version (700EB) in amazon uk. Most of my other recent kit has been cheaper in Spain than UK.

So my question is simple. Will the british version 700EB work perfectly here in spain? Including HD and SD broadcasts, and EPG information.

Or is there some fundamental difference in tuner / AV standard or audio for HD or SD, or the EPG, that would limit the functionality or make it unusable?

Thanks for any help.

PS. I notice in the specs that the spanish EC model actually has a smaller HDD of only 250gb, so they're charging about 50% more for less capacity! The EC model does have built in wifi, but that can hardly justify the price difference, and besides it's of no use to me as my TV table is right next to my router, so will plug in.